It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: The former assumption is incorrect. All (or most) of the latest installer updates had a changelog entry reading "- Installer maintenance update - No game files were changed". And expecting GOG to be consistent in this either way is of course nonsense.
Point. I forgot that GOG realized they'd been following a pattern recently.

mrkgnao: Is the latest changelog update date easily available somewhere on Steam without resorting to such manoeuvres?
I'll have to admit ignorance there. My only interaction with Steam is redeeming Humble Bundle keys so that GOG Connect can see them.
mrkgnao: [..]
Uh oh.. I just noticed that all my settings are gone :(
It probably happened when I installed Firefox ESR.

EDIT: nevermind, I managed to import my settings from a .magog backup.
Post edited January 14, 2018 by phaolo
By curiosity, is someone knows if there is a GOGmix listing all GOG games supporting Galaxy and the date of the beginning of the support ? Or a similar function in Magog ?

I can know it only for games already in my library, but what about the others ?
high rated
MaxFulvus: By curiosity, is someone knows if there is a GOGmix listing all GOG games supporting Galaxy and the date of the beginning of the support ? Or a similar function in Magog ?

I can know it only for games already in my library, but what about the others ?
No such option in MaGog. If someone knows where to obtain this kind of information, I would gladly add it to MaGog.
mrkgnao: No such option in MaGog. If someone knows where to obtain this kind of information, I would gladly add it to MaGog.
Maybe by manually give you the info from different members ? I could do it for games from my library, but I don't know how to find the date of the beginning of the Galaxy support, btw.
Post edited January 14, 2018 by MaxFulvus
high rated
mrkgnao: No such option in MaGog. If someone knows where to obtain this kind of information, I would gladly add it to MaGog.
MaxFulvus: Maybe by manually give you the info from different members ? I could do it for games from my library, but I don't know how to find the date of the beginning of the Galaxy support, btw.
If you can create and maintain a gogmix with the information, I can import the data from the gogmix into MaGog. Then whenever you update the gogmix, the data will be also updated on MaGog.
Post edited January 14, 2018 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: I you can create and maintain a gogmix with the information, I can import the data from the gogmix into MaGog. Then whenever you update the gogmix, the data will be also updated on MaGog.
I never created a GOGmix, but I think it's not complicated ! I will try it but I'm currently preparing myself for a job interview next week so I will start later.

Also, Fables22 said "I'll post the current list of games with the new installers in a separate post..." but I don't find it :(
Post edited January 14, 2018 by MaxFulvus
MaxFulvus: Also, Fable22 said "I'll post the current list of games with the new installers in a separate post..." but I don't find it :(
Because she never did.
GOG staff promised many things, but...well...
mrkgnao: I you can create and maintain a gogmix with the information, I can import the data from the gogmix into MaGog. Then whenever you update the gogmix, the data will be also updated on MaGog.
MaxFulvus: I never created a GOGmix, but I think it's not complicated ! I will try it but I'm currently preparing myself for a job interview next week so I will start later.

Also, Fables22 said "I'll post the current list of games with the new installers in a separate post..." but I don't find it :(
Things you should know:
1) The gogmix feature is somewhat buggy and I have heard of people losing all their gogmix's contents at some point, so back your data off GOG, too.
2) I believe there's a limit to the number of games you can have in one GOG (used to be 256, IIRC), so you might want to start off with multiple gogmixes (e.g. one for each letter of the alphabet).
3) You can't sort gogmixes, I think, so don't bother maintaining it in a sorted manner. MaGog will sort it for you.
Post edited January 14, 2018 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: 3) You can't sort gogmixes, I think, so don't bother maintaining it in a sorted manner. MaGog will sort it for you.
Actually you can sort GOGmixes. It's just overly complicated and takes a lot of time.
MaxFulvus: Also, Fables22 said "I'll post the current list of games with the new installers in a separate post..." but I don't find it :(
It's right there in the second post of the thread you linked to:

http://bit.ly/GOG_games_installers
Post edited January 14, 2018 by PaterAlf
high rated
mrkgnao: 3) You can't sort gogmixes, I think, so don't bother maintaining it in a sorted manner. MaGog will sort it for you.
You can sort them, manually and slowly, moving each game up or down one position at a time.
high rated
Cavalary: You can sort them, manually and slowly, moving each game up or down one position at a time.
You (and PaterAlf) are right. I should have phrased it better: "You can't sort gogmixes and keep your sanity at the same time".
PaterAlf: It's right there in the second post of the thread you linked to:

http://bit.ly/GOG_games_installers
Damn, I was blind ! Thanks, it's a good start, even if the list is certainly outdated.
high rated
mrkgnao: I should have phrased it better: "You can't sort gogmixes and keep your sanity at the same time".
Hey, I sort my GOGmix...
high rated
mrkgnao: I should have phrased it better: "You can't sort gogmixes and keep your sanity at the same time".
PaterAlf: Hey, I sort my GOGmix...
“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland