It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Made in Poland Sale is an annual event on GOG.COM where we spotlight prime examples of the creativity and craftsmanship of Polish game developers.

This year the sale features over 120 deals, including This War of Mine: Soundtrack Edition (-75%), Frostpunk (-50%), the Witcher series (up to -85%), Call of Juarez series (up to -75%), House Flipper (-35%), Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition (-70%), and more. Before you dive into the deals, be sure to check our list of 11 video games you didn’t know were made in Poland.

This time we also help you discover the turn-based strategy game Clash from 1998. Developed by Polish studio Leryx Longsoft, it mixes the best parts of Heroes of Might and Magic and The Settlers series and rivals the classics of the genre in scope and quality. Its extraordinary atmosphere centers around colonial conquest, political intrigue, royal diplomacy and the intricacies of life in a king's court. Clash is a game that was definitely ahead of its time and, even after all these years, still manages to impress with its gameplay. You can learn more about it from our special editorial.

Going back to the Made in Poland Sale, it's worth to mention that it also includes popular classic titles like Painkiller Black Edition (-75%), Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure - Director's Cut (-80%), and Earth 2150 Trilogy (-80%), as well as indie gems like The Cat Lady (-60%), Ancestors Legacy (-66%), Darkwood (-60%) along with this year's releases like We. The Revolution (-30%), Weedcraft Inc (-30%), and Crossroads Inn (-10%).

The Made in Poland Sale ends on November 12th, at 2PM UTC.
Oh hey! I didn't know Ancestors Legacy was made in the land of the Polish. I've been interested in getting that game sometime.
Nicole28: Oh hey! I didn't know Ancestors Legacy was made in the land of the Polish.
Yep, this game is from Hatred developers.
Impressive how many good games come from Poland, especially compared to Germany.
notxlated: Impressive how many good games come from Poland, especially compared to Germany.
No dice, no rush: Germans being rational and such don't play games, I guess? No point in making games either.
No books nor movies exported, correct me if I'm wrong... The last great DE movie I watched was "The Lives of Others". Similarly, I recall like ~ 100 year and more German books.
Then where's the (contemporary) German art? I'm a simple man, I don't see any.

What do Germans do for fun, lead a healthy life?

Edit: PS. I have no grudge against Germany and its people; on the contrary: Germany is a great country.
My point is Germany underperforms in the advertising department; I don't get it and I'm bothered. You can do better for sure :-)
Post edited November 11, 2019 by i_ni
i_ni: No dice, no rush: Germans being rational and such don't play games, I guess? No point in making games either.
No books nor movies exported, correct me if I'm wrong... The last great DE movie I watched was "The Lives of Others". Similarly, I recall like ~ 100 year and more German books.

Edit: PS. I have no grudge against Germany and its people; on the contrary: Germany is a great country.
My point is Germany underperforms in the advertising department; I don't get it and I'm bothered. You can do better for sure :-)
No need to apologize or anything, I don't think I can be offended personally when somebody talks about "the Germans" in general. ;)

But what I can tell is that there are quite some people here playing PC games. Younger people anyway, but there are even even older people who where you in the 80s/90s and stuck with this hobby. Not that I have comparisons with other countries, but PC games are not THAT unpopular. We just have not great game studios here, as it seems.

No idea about arts or books, I'm not so much into that. Regarding movies, I've got to say that there lots of German movies I really admire (for example from Andreas Dresen or Fatih Akin). But they're kind of anti-Hollywood (that's what I love about them) and therefore quite unknown.

What do Germans do for fun? Well, as far as I can observe as far I see they've either children and mainly care for home, familiy, carreer and car, or they don't. and enjoy concerts, playing computer games or just hanging around with friends. Kinda average, I think. :) What would Bulgarian people do in their spare time?
i_ni: Then where's the (contemporary) German art? I'm a simple man, I don't see any.
Dark (the TV show) is excellent.
notxlated: Impressive how many good games come from Poland, especially compared to Germany.
Well, made in Germany we have that i remember:
Tropico saga
Crysis (Crytek)
Gothic
Risen, of Piranha
Spec Ops:The Line
Venetica
Moment of Silence and the rest of House of Tales games
Black Mirror 2 & 3
Secret Files games
Rise Son of Rome

and sure more games and companies, not bad..
high rated
big spot image:
449 px
800 px
1275 px
2560 px

big spot logo:
351 px
702 px
480 px
960 px
1600 px

news tile:
536 px

news main image:
1550 px

promo background:
2560 px
Post edited November 11, 2019 by JackknifeJohnson
You guys are the best at reviving "dead" genres of games. Germany saved point & click adventures (Daedalic Entertainment) and Commandos-like tactical games (Mimimi Productions) from oblivion!
How about The Settlers and Anno series from Blue Byte?
i_ni: No dice, no rush: Germans being rational and such don't play games, I guess? No point in making games either.
As far as I know the most successful German movie probably still is "Das Boot" which also was exported. There's also "Run Lola run (Lola Rennt)" which was exported but yes, most German movies aren't made for the international market. We did however (as you can read above) made quite a few great games ... don't know a single German artist so no idea if we have some worth mentioning though :)

argamasa: Well, made in Germany we have that i remember:
Moment of Silence and the rest of House of Tales games
I would not call "Mystery of the Druids" exactly "well" made .... I recently played it and ... well ... it is not as bad as people make it but I would have problems calling it "well made" ;)
notxlated: No idea about arts or books, ....
I just remembered "The neverending story" by Michael Ende which is a great book and the successful (even imo not very good) movie was also made by a German. Still the book is much, much, much better.
Post edited November 11, 2019 by MarkoH01

Germany is one of the biggest gaming markets of the world, after the US and Japan. And Germany used to have amazing devs in the days of Commodore 64 and Amiga and even in the early PC era. That was when small teams could still make top-notch games, even if the market was a lot smaller. Think of Turrican, The Settlers, Battle Isle...
The problem with game development in Germany is the lack of venture capital. Producing AAA games nowadays costs millions and in Germany you simply don't get that kind of money "for just entertainment". German game devs live on love and passion, it's no way to get rich or even feed a family. That's why you find often German names in the credits of i.e. US games - easier to live your dream AND make a living.
Today there are still great devs in Germany like Piranha Bytes - but it's all rather AA than AAA or indie. And mobile games.

When it comes to German movies or shows - I admit I detest most of them. I find their style clumsy, sledgehammer approach and their eternal sepia, blue or green tint, "Be involved, or else!" really gets on my nerve. Whenever I try some I feel physical disgust most of the time. There have been some notable exceptions like "Look Who's Back!" or earlier "Schtonk".
It's not that I'm spoiled by Hollywood aesthetics - I like French, Skandinvian, Eastern European, British, Chinese and Japanese productions, many of my favourite movies or shows are non-US made.

As for books - I'm not really up-to-date on that. Dunno what's going on there and why Germans are so under-represented.
Thanks all (Germans) for your input and references! I have homework to do :-)

not-a-random-pick salute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La4Dcd1aUcE -- 99 Luftballons

As to what Bulgarians do for fun, I think of:
- dinner talking and drinking, family, friends & neighbors involved;
- football, football talking & drinking, same environment as above;
- fishing, farming(as growing your own vegetables & fruits).
It seems, that Shadow Warrior (2013) discounted price won't drop below the 8.99 €.
low rated
MarkoH01: As far as I know the most successful German movie probably still is "Das Boot" which also was exported. There's also "Run Lola run (Lola Rennt)" which was exported but yes, most German movies aren't made for the international market. We did however (as you can read above) made quite a few great games ... don't know a single German artist so no idea if we have some worth mentioning though :)
You forgot the most memeable german film of all: Downfall.....it must have dozens of parodies of the pencil scene.

======================

OP-2019: It seems, that Shadow Warrior (2013) discounted price won't drop below the 8.99 €.
To me that seems a good price...i'd get it myself if not strapped for cash in my entertainment budget.
Post edited November 12, 2019 by GameRager