It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucasfilm strikes back.

January 27:
It's been a long weekend for Star Wars™ fans among us. Today marks the return of Lucasfilm on GOG.com: WAVE II, with the final batch of three Star Wars™ titles:

A 20% launch discount awaits those who join the fight against the dark side in the next 72-hours with three new releases:
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
<i>Star Wars&trade;</i> Republic Commando
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Starfighter&trade;

As the Wave II timer ticks down to a zero for the last time, one of the most exciting weeks in the history of GOG.com comes to a close. We couldn't be happier with the series of amazing titles we added to our catalog this week, and we're proud to have teamed up with ©Disney Interactive to finally restore six iconic Star Wars™ games back into the hands of gamers exclusively on GOG.com.

January 22:
The time is now! Lucasfilm strikes back with three more Star Wars™ classics available now on GOG.com! This means the exclusive GOG.com digital premiere of two more spacefaring titles:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Rogue Squadron - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Rebellion - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Empire at War: Gold Pack is now also available for purchase, DRM-free with a 72-hour, 20% launch discount!

The timer is still ticking, so stay tuned for one more reveal from ©Disney Interactive and GOG.com!

January 20:
A long time ago in a galaxy near you, ©Disney Interactive and <B>GOG.com</B> teamed up to bring you the holy grail of classic gaming: six Lucasfilm cult-classics were added to our DRM-free catalog, including three titles which saw their digital premiere on GOG.com. We also made a promise to bring you many more cult-classics in the future and, believe us, we did not forget.

Today, with great pride and joy, we're excited to announce Wave II of Lucasfilm games on GOG.com! Starting right now, six new Star Wars™ classics are available in our DRM-free Lucasfilm/Disney catalog. This includes three amazing titles available, for the first time in digital distribution, exclusively on GOG.com:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Alliance&trade; - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

We're also celebrating the DRM-free release of these Star Wars™ games with a 72-hour 20% launch discount:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Battlefront&trade; II
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Dark Forces
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade; II: The Sith Lords&trade;

Just in case you missed your chance last time, you can grab three more Lucasfilm classics for the same 20% discount, until Friday, January 30, at 1:59 PM GMT!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade;
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade;
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition

Our Lucasfilm/Disney is made that much more impressive today thanks to our team-up with ©Disney Interactive. The 6 new Star Wars™ releases, which include 3 digital premieres exclusively on GOG.com, are barely the beginning. We're not saying more right now, but we know the wait will be worth it for six great reasons - keep watching the front page and stay tuned for more exciting Lucasfilm titles releasing on GOG.com when the timer strikes zero!
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Konrad
Am I the only one who loved Jedi Academy? I Almost never see it being mentioned.
Hope it shows up on the next wave.
Matruchus: Yeah, I was about to post the same as Tingler above.

The games to be released in four days are:

Star Wars™ Republic Commando

Star Wars™ Starfighter

This was written on Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/22/download-rogue-squadron/

It seems Rock, Paper, Shotgun forgot that this was supposed to be a secret :)
Wasn't too much a secret seeing as GOG's PR people sent out a press release with the entire list on it! But yes, probably would've been better as a secret on Tuesday - then again, those next three aren't too exciting as they're already on Steam. The big digital exclusives are better surprises!

And yes, the press release also said:

"GOG.com will release more Lucasfilm titles throughout 2015."

No room for argument there! MORE INDIANA JONES PLZ!
I cant be the only one that wants Star Wars: Force Commander
reaver894: I cant be the only one that wants Star Wars: Force Commander
One more here :)
Siegor: Am I the only one who loved Jedi Academy? I Almost never see it being mentioned.
I think Jedi Outcast had a better story, but IMO Jedi Academy is the pinnacle of the series from a gameplay standpoint.
TheTingler: "GOG.com will release more Lucasfilm titles throughout 2015."
Oh shoot, maybe that means we'll get many more than just the original 20+ ! :) I mean, maybe not, but still...
Post edited January 22, 2015 by tfishell
TheTingler: And yes, the press release also said:
Where can we read the full original press release?
vicklemos: :P
I'm a joker, I know. Buddhist random quotes always amuse me :D
They're a good way to cool down the pace..

Anyways, I thought the Gauntlet remake was pretty awesome. It isn't?!

And about the Transylvania series here on GOG, well, gotta have faith, man. This kinda obscure series (right?) caught my attention once, though I didn't play it at the time. But it seems pretty awesome. Gotta see that in motion. And I just voted for it! :)

edit: just saw that these games were re-released for the iOS. They look like "The Hugo Trilogy" games, which I happen to like a lot.
Why do you say they'll never appear here?! I'm curious.
Ophelium: Oh, I took you quote with good humor. Probably should have tacked on a smiley at the end :)

I pre-ordered the Gauntlet remake. I guess I was expecting a blend of the old game and Legends/Dark Legacy. What I ended up getting was a game I couldn't play solo nor could I play it with 1 other person. It was a game meant for 3 or more people and what they did to the wizard was atrocious. Two-button combos to select spells made the wizard pretty unplayable.

Well, Transylvania is a pretty old game, matched by some but not many of the games in the GOG catalogue. I played it in 6th grade many, many years ago (as I said in the wish). So I'm thinking it's unlikely to see it and its sequels here. I wasn't aware that they were re-released for the iOS, so thanks for the info :)
Nah, you're welcome! :)
Thanks for reminding me of this cool title!
Siegor: Am I the only one who loved Jedi Academy? I Almost never see it being mentioned.
I do love Jedi Academy, and it's probably the best to straight get into as it has a new character, the ability to choose light or dark, and to be a Jedi from the start. On the other hand it's clearly just a decent-sized expansion for Jedi Outcast, and the story's pretty lame.
Would love to see Shadows of the Empire.
Me too! I only just discovered there actually WAS a PC version! So definitely!
tfishell: maybe that means we'll get many more than just the original 20+ ! :) I mean, maybe not, but still...
For sure, it means the first wave sold extremely good and this opened-up the disney-lucas vault ;)
Post edited January 22, 2015 by mobutu
TheTingler: And yes, the press release also said:
mobutu: Where can we read the full original press release?
You've read all the interesting stuff now, but here you are:

"GOG.com, Disney Interactive, and Lucasfilm Continue Release of Classic Star Wars™ Game

The second wave of classic Lucasfilm games continues on GOG.com with six new Star Wars™ titles, including two more digital premieres, releasing January 22 and January 27 at 3PM CET/6AM PST:

On January 22, GOG.com will release:

Star Wars™: Rogue Squadron 3D (digital distribution premiere)

Star Wars™ Rebellion (digital distribution premiere)

Star Wars™ Empire at War: Gold Pack

And coming January 27, the final three games of this wave will include:

Star Wars™ Republic Commando

Star Wars™ Starfighter

With these new additions, the GOG.com catalog now offers 18 classic titles from Lucasfilm’s Star Wars, Indiana Jones™, Monkey Island and Sam & Max Franchises, including eight exclusive digital premieres. In collaboration with Disney Interactive and Lucasfilm, GOG.com will release more Lucasfilm titles throughout 2015.

© & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. "
Post edited January 22, 2015 by TheTingler
ReynardFox: I think Jedi Outcast had a better story, but IMO Jedi Academy is the pinnacle of the series from a gameplay standpoint.
Is that the one with Kyle Katarn? If yes, then I agree about the story but I really loved the lightsaber-play in Academy.
Why no avatars in the goodies?
high rated
It's like GOG decided to give our childhoods back. Give me Outlaws. Give me Curse of Monkey Island. Give me Star Wars Podracer. Give me all them Lucasarts games!
Siegor: Is that the one with Kyle Katarn? If yes, then I agree about the story but I really loved the lightsaber-play in Academy.
Yeah that's the one with Kyle. Plus that's exactly what I mean't by saying Academy was the pinnacle, it has such fantastic lightsaber combat.