It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasPhysicist: Is there a chance of getting Turkish currency support for the Gog store?
I have been meaning to buy games here, but even if they go down to 2 dollars
they are usually more expensive than the Turkish regional prices on Steam.

I'm talking about 2 or 3 times more expensive prices on Gog.
even if GOG offers local currency, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get more favorable regional pricing. Case in point - my country is charged in Russian Rubles but prices are on average about 200% of what GOG charges in Russia proper, and it's the same currency. It was a little better a year or 2 ago, maybe 120% difference but then GOG decided to change regional pricing for my country and double the prices without even changing the currency.

EDIT: just reviewed a couple of pages of this thread, looks like GOG has been doing this sort of thing for a while for many small countries. I guess they don't care much about buyers there so they raise prices nilly-willy.
Post edited September 25, 2020 by anzial
low rated
JudasPhysicist: Is there a chance of getting Turkish currency support for the Gog store?

anzial: even if GOG offers local currency, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get more favorable regional pricing. Case in point - my country is charged in Russian Rubles but prices are on average about 200% of what GOG charges in Russia proper, and it's the same currency. It was a little better a year or 2 ago, maybe 120% difference but then GOG decided to change regional pricing for my country and double the prices without even changing the currency.
Hmmmmmm
Ok so... haven't used GOG.COM for months might even be a year or more.
Came here to look for a specific old game. (The Dig)
Then saw some other interesting titles.
I know GOG.com was pretty cheap back when I actively used it.
But then I saw the prices of other games.
What the hell happened?
Are they going nuts?
71,40 Euros for some games while they are around 50 at sites.
Are they trying to lose customers? Or is this some sort of reverse psychology?
I stopped buying from GOG as they came out among the dearest. There are loads of game sites that are much cheaper.
AlanWWade: I stopped buying from GOG as they came out among the dearest. There are loads of game sites that are much cheaper.
Same. They just love overcharging smaller countries, doesn't hurt them much if they lose some potential buyers there compared to US or China or Russia.
Post edited September 25, 2020 by anzial
high rated
AlanWWade: I stopped buying from GOG as they came out among the dearest. There are loads of game sites that are much cheaper.
Same here, too :( To be honest, I don’t buy many new games nowadays because I don’t have much time or motivation to play and I focus on what I already have, but the end of the Fair Price Package (FPP) sometimes makes a big enough difference that I will buy elsewhere (and I only buy from legit platforms).

As I anticipated, I think that GOG has lost more money from me than if they had kept their FPP. It would help if at least GOG updated the prices from time to time according to the exchange rates for games that have a fixed regional price, but that never seems to happen, so if your currency goes up in value, the games will be more expensive still.

In Switzerland, for games whose pricing is unfair, we are usually penalized twice over because the price we get is like the already higher price in EUR, which is then converted to CHF with a too high exchange rate. The pricing is also sometimes inconsistent between games of a same publisher.

Furthermore, even though GOG seems to more or less copy Steam’s prices (at least initially), there are games here that are more expensive than on Steam.

It seems to me that GOG either doesn’t care about small countries like anzial suggested, or that they don’t have the time to keep track of the prices and adjust them

Between the bad pricing and the problems with delayed or missing updates or content, and some games that are not so DRM-free anymore, I now think twice before buying on GOG
Totally agree with posts above. I would love to have regional price, but only if it's comparable with other store's prices or at the very least, the same equivalent to USD. Many of the games sold on GOG is more expensive than in other game store. Sure DRM-free is alluring but, some games just doesn't worth to pay more just for the sake to own it. Might as well bought it on another store, doesn't matter if I just borrow the game from them but in the end of the day I got all the entertainment value I can get from it.
Baldur's Gate and Cyberpunk were great prices on GOG when compared to vapor (syn), from Mexico. +DRM free.
Tiggledorf: Baldur's Gate and Cyberpunk were great prices on GOG when compared to vapor (syn), from Mexico. +DRM free.
Great for you, doesn't mean that GOG is completely noncompetitive in other markets (countries) as already evidenced by numerous posts in this thread.
We’ve updated exchange rates and the current ones are as follows:

5.99$ = 5.19 EUR = 4.69 GBP = 8.49 AUD = 479 RUB = 23.49 PLN = 53.1 SEK = 56.6 NOK = 38.20 DKK = 5.49 CHF = 7.89 CAD = 34.39 BRL = 40.00 CNY

9.99$ = 8.59 EUR = 7.69 GBP = 14.09 AUD = 799 RUB = 39.09 PLN = 88.60 SEK = 94.40 NOK = 63.60 DKK = 9.19 CHF = 13.19 CAD = 57.29 BRL = 67.00 CNY

14.99$ = 12.89 EUR = 11.59 GBP = 21.09 AUD = 1199 RUB = 58.59 PLN = 132.90 SEK = 141.70 NOK = 95.50 DKK = 13.79 CHF = 19.79 CAD = 85.99 BRL = 100.00 CNY
Paying 86 BRL for a 15 dollar game is too much for me :(

I'd love to support GOG but these prices are way too high. Steam keeps games affordable by setting $1 at 2 BRL. Over here it's almost triple that ($1 = 5.7 BRL).

I know that's the current situation of our currency but it keeps us Brazilians from buying more.
Post edited November 21, 2020 by Ruldra
Ruldra: Paying 86 BRL for a 15 dollar game is too much for me :(

I'd love to support GOG but these prices are way too high. Steam keeps games affordable by setting $1 at 2 BRL. Over here it's almost triple that ($1 = 5.7 BRL).

I know that's the current situation of our currency but it keeps us Brazilians from buying more.
Still, a fixed rate of 2 means a 63% discount compared to the real current exchange rate of 5.38, while according to (the soon to be defunct) MaGOG, on GOG Brazil gets an average discount of 65% for the vast majority of the catalog. Yes, GOG's exchange rate is 6% worse than the real one, but it basically makes up for that difference, so the two average discounts should be basically equal.

... What should those who pay more than the US price say?
Cavalary: ... What should those who pay more than the US price say?
Burn in hell, GOG lol
Providing you can pay in USD, regional pricing can lead to situations where it is better for GOG to have an unfavourable exchange rate.

If a game's price is fixed in local currency, the local price doesn't fluctuate with exchange rates. However, users can still elect to pay in USD - and this price will change as exchange rates are varied.

A poor exchange rate means that fewer USD are needed for a given quantity of local currency, which has the effect of making these games cheaper.

If the credit card exchange rate is more favourable than the GOG one, the user can pocket the savings.

(Another benefit for USD payments is avoiding GOG's habit of rounding most prices up so they end in a 9, but this only becomes significant when buying large quantities of heavily discounted games)

anzial: even if GOG offers local currency, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get more favorable regional pricing. Case in point - my country is charged in Russian Rubles but prices are on average about 200% of what GOG charges in Russia proper, and it's the same currency. It was a little better a year or 2 ago, maybe 120% difference but then GOG decided to change regional pricing for my country and double the prices without even changing the currency.

EDIT: just reviewed a couple of pages of this thread, looks like GOG has been doing this sort of thing for a while for many small countries. I guess they don't care much about buyers there so they raise prices nilly-willy.
That is true, however what I said about Steam is also true.
If the game is expensive on Steam then guess what, it's also expensive on Gog so I won't buy the game.

But if the game is reasonably priced on Steam, 9 times out of 10 the Gog version costs 2 maybe 3 times more.
This means I have zero incentive to buy from Gog in either case, DRM free games are just not as compelling
as cheap games, because I get to eat food and play games if I buy from Steam.

I'm just asking for parity between Steam and Gog's prices, at least give me a reason to consider buying from
the Gog store rather than defaulting to Steam.