It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ciris: Due to further changes in conversion rates, we've had to update our pricings yet again.

EUR decreased:
$5.99 now €5.49 (used to be €5.69)
$9.99 now €9.19 (used to be €9.49)

RUB decreased:
$5.99 now ₽359 (used to be ₽389)
$9.99 now ₽599 (used to be ₽639)

GBP and AUD didn’t change.
I don't mean to be an ass, but if it used to take 5.69 Euros to equal 5.99 dollars but now it only takes 5.49 Euros to equal 5.99 dollars, then the value of the EUR INCREASED, not decreased. It takes fewer Euros to purchase the same amount of dollars.
Due to further changes in conversion rates, we've had to update our pricings yet again.

EUR back to previous prices:
$5.99 now €5.69 (used to be €5.49)
$9.99 now €9.49 (used to be €9.19)

GBP, AUD, and RUB didn’t change.
Post edited April 16, 2015 by Ciris
Why did I choose to wait before purchasing the bundles -_-
I wish this depression would end already. In few months it's been going on for 7 years since the crisis originally started (August/September 2008 iirc). I fondly remember the time when 1€ was around 1.45$.
Post edited April 16, 2015 by Petrell
OldFatGuy: I don't mean to be an ass, but if it used to take 5.69 Euros to equal 5.99 dollars but now it only takes 5.49 Euros to equal 5.99 dollars, then the value of the EUR INCREASED, not decreased. It takes fewer Euros to purchase the same amount of dollars.
As I mentioned before, the whole issue is much more complicated than this. Telling the community that they've changed their prices because of conversion rates is no lie but only half the truth.

For example, GOG is booking its Euro income via a sub company in Cyprus, probably to save tax. GOG itself is localizied in Poland, so to pay their local bills, salaries etc. they've got to exchange these Euros to Zlotys. Over the last years the conversion rates between Euro and Zloty have been rather stable, hence was their income form Euro countries. The USD on the other hand has gained in value compared to the Zloty. Thus actually GOG in Poland earns more money now from USD income, because they get more Zlotys for each USD atm. But instead of lowering the USD prices, they raise the Euro prices to earn more money from there as well. As sneaky as it seems at first glance, there's also fair and square reason to this. Not all of GOG's expenses are paid in Zlotys or Euro. Especially game distributors outside the Euro zone are likely to charge their share in USD. While this is no problem when customers purchase the games in USD, GOG effectively has to pay a bigger share when customers buy in Euro. From this point of view it makes perfectly sense to increase the Euro prices. Hence GOG's income is dependent on the ratio from where the distributors come from as well as the ratio which games are bought in which currency.

There are even more factors involved, but all in all I suspect a hidden rise in prices, maybe because of risen costs, e.g. due to the development of Galaxy and whatnot. GOG is a public company so anyone who wants to cross-check this theory might find some answers in the companies public annual reports.
DeMignon: As I mentioned before, the whole issue is much more complicated than this.
Yeah, the issue of changing prices is certainly more complicated that simple exchange rates. But as far as whether or not a currency has increased or decreased in value in relation to another currency is not more complicated than what I posted. :)
OldFatGuy: Yeah, the issue of changing prices is certainly more complicated that simple exchange rates. But as far as whether or not a currency has increased or decreased in value in relation to another currency is not more complicated than what I posted. :)
The "EUR[or whichever other currency] decreased" line in these posts is referring to prices in that currency on GOG.com, not to the relative value of the currency itself. If a currency's value decreases, then prices converted to that currency will increase, and vice versa. Your earlier post wasn't wrong, but your interpretation of Ciris' notation seems to have been. =)
HunchBluntley: The "EUR[or whichever other currency] decreased" line in these posts is referring to prices in that currency on GOG.com, not to the relative value of the currency itself. If a currency's value decreases, then prices converted to that currency will increase, and vice versa. Your earlier post wasn't wrong, but your interpretation of Ciris' notation seems to have been. =)
That may be true, but it did say "EUR has decreased" which sounds like it's saying the Euro has decreased. It seems like if it were talking about prices it should have said "EUR Prices have decreased" at least that's how I would read it.

YMMV.
It's been a while since the € has grown stronger. Wonder if we get any adjustment.
Grargar: It's been a while since the € has grown stronger. Wonder if we get any adjustment.
It should be about 2 weeks since euro to US dollar exchange rate has been over 1,10. GOG uses a rate approximately at 1,05.
Using always directly USD seems the most fair option for both GOG and its customers.

EDIT: Exchange rates chart.
Post edited May 08, 2015 by vanchann
hey gog, how about a new price update for eu?
apehater: hey gog, how about a new price update for eu?
Seems like there was one just now. A $5.99 game is now €5.39 and a $9.99 game is now €8.99.
Due to further changes in conversion rates, we've updated our pricings yet again - the British Pound, the Australian Dollar, and the Euro decreased.

EUR:
$5.99 now €5.39 (was €5.69)
$9.99 now €8.99 (was €9.49)

GBP:
$5.99 now £3,99 (was £4.09)
$9.99 now £6.59 (was £6.79)

AUD:
$5.99 now A$7.69 (was A$7.79)
$9.99 now A$12.89 (was A$12.99)

Ruble prices have not changed.
OK, now I see why the prices in $ went up... Sigh.
zeffyr: OK, now I see why the prices in $ went up... Sigh.
Only the prices for regionally-priced games.