It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lemon_Curry: They'll probably announce the good news on April Fool's Day.
what the hell did just happen in the usa, that the dollar got so strong
Post edited March 20, 2015 by apehater
apehater: what the hell did just happen in the usa, that the dollar got so strong
GOG opened an office in L.A.
for me this totally sucked but also shows that no-one in the know actually planned this out.

tomorrow as in sat 21st i was going to to purchase a bundle of games all currently on discounted promotion and had it all setup in the basket ready to pay well...

today i come on to GOG website and find the total in my basket had increased from around £27 to well over £30...

fair enough you have to adjust for the new exchange rates but please do not expect me to understand that you couldn't find 1 single day when there are no promotion running to do it?

for me now purchasing anything on the current promotions is a fail as i am now not getting the Exact same promotion that other people purchased the day before due to a completely different price...as i mention its bad practice to change prices on any promotion as its unfair especially to all the loyal customers that may not have had time to purchase instantly.

no excuse not to wait for 1 clear (no promotions running) day.

also im aware i may not get feedback from any gog moderators but i am just expressing how frustrating it is having slowly migrating to GOG from steam to have first the restructuring in the library and now the sudden price changes on promotiions...which is new for me as being on steam for well over 5 years and only being a Gog member for 3 i have never seen steam alter prices like this.
Post edited March 20, 2015 by HornyRhino
HornyRhino: for me this totally sucked but also shows that no-one in the know actually planned this out.

tomorrow as in sat 21st i was going to to purchase a bundle of games all currently on discounted promotion and had it all setup in the basket ready to pay well...

today i come on to GOG website and find the total in my basket had increased from around £27 to well over £30...

fair enough you have to adjust for the new exchange rates but please do not expect me to understand that you couldn't find 1 single day when there are no promotion running to do it?

for me now purchasing anything on the current promotions is a fail as i am now not getting the Exact same promotion that other people purchased the day before due to a completely different price...as i mention its bad practice to change prices on any promotion as its unfair especially to all the loyal customers that may not have had time to purchase instantly.

no excuse not to wait for 1 clear (no promotions running) day.

also im aware i may not get feedback from any gog moderators but i am just expressing how frustrating it is having slowly migrating to GOG from steam to have first the restructuring in the library and now the sudden price changes on promotiions...which is new for me as being on steam for well over 5 years and only being a Gog member for 3 i have never seen steam alter prices like this.
You could just use the USD pricing, then it wouldn't have changed (although then you'd be paying the current exchange rates which vary daily instead and you may have to pay exchange fees on top).
Nice this conversion thingy:

Steam : Pillars of Eternity - Hero Edition 41.99 EU
GOG : Pillars of Eternity - Hero Edition 42.49 EU
Melvinica: Nice this conversion thingy:

thats because the gog version contains the gog exclusive dlc: drm-free

worth 1$ or?
Post edited March 20, 2015 by apehater

It's still €41.99 for me.

apehater: thats because the gog version contains the gog exclusive dlc: drm-free

worth 1$ or?
It's not about the difference, my point is that the price should not exceed the standard price for a regional priced game. I'm not interested buying from Steam, I was just trying to make a point.
Melvinica: It's not about the difference, my point is that the price should not exceed the standard price for a regional priced game. I'm not interested buying from Steam, I was just trying to make a point.
Maybe the game isn't regionally-priced for you, which might explain why there is this price discrepancy ($44.99=€42.49 using GOG's currency converter)
Melvinica: It's not about the difference, my point is that the price should not exceed the standard price for a regional priced game. I'm not interested buying from Steam, I was just trying to make a point.
Grargar: Maybe the game isn't regionally-priced for you, which might explain why there is this price discrepancy ($44.99=€42.49 using GOG's currency converter)
Indeed, I changed my currency to $ and the price is $44.99.
What would you think of gog to buy 5.99 or 9.99 store credit. Then you can use that later on. It saves people money if the euro drops down so hard.
Due to further changes in conversion rates, we've had to update our pricings yet again.

EUR decreased:
$5.99 now €5.49 (used to be €5.69)
$9.99 now €9.19 (used to be €9.49)

RUB decreased:
$5.99 now ₽359 (used to be ₽389)
$9.99 now ₽599 (used to be ₽639)

GBP and AUD didn’t change.
The conversion rate for € finally became better. It's been months ever since I last saw the € becoming stronger.
Grargar: The conversion rate for € finally became better. It's been months ever since I last saw the € becoming stronger.
and its gone again :(
apehater: and its gone again :(
$1=€0.949

Oh well. Maybe, it will get better. Maybe not.