It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Again? This is getting ridicoulous. I know it's independent from you, GOG, but hell.
Ciris: EUR: 5.09 —> 5.39
EUR: was 8.49 —> 8.89
EUR: was 12.79 —> 13.39
The ways things are going, €1 might end up equalling $1 after all. :/
Post edited January 29, 2015 by Grargar
Grargar: The ways things are going, €1 might end up equalling $1 after all. :/
To be fair, on forex 1 euro is about 1.12-1.13 usd. I wonder if 1 euro will be > 1 USD how will that change things here and how on steam. It might be cheaper to buy games on steam =))....
blotunga: To be fair, on forex 1 euro is about 1.12-1.13 usd. I wonder if 1 euro will be > 1 USD how will that change things here and how on steam. It might be cheaper to buy games on steam =))....
I'm fully aware of the downard spiral of the € (which incidentally started ever since August). Back in August, $1 used to be €0.75. Now, $1=€0.89, in the span of less than half a year. As for how companies might react? I wouldn't be surprised if they resorted to price hikes.
Post edited January 29, 2015 by Grargar
Grargar: The ways things are going, €1 might end up equalling $1 after all. :/
blotunga: To be fair, on forex 1 euro is about 1.12-1.13 usd. I wonder if 1 euro will be > 1 USD how will that change things here and how on steam. It might be cheaper to buy games on steam =))....
Or you can buy in dollars and let the currency equivalence work in your favor. (Just kidding, the banks will never let that happen)
Ciris: The price matrix has once again been updated.
And you still don't see the point of removing this idea of separate prices entered in catalog every so (increasingly) often? It'd make so much more sense to simply have the base (USD) price entered and the conversion ratio with all other supported currencies automatically updated daily, or at least weekly, with all conversions done by the server on the fly for everyone. And get rid of this silly rounding to x.x9 too while at it.
Could also list clearly somewhere, $1 = ... for each other currency so everyone will know what it is that day/week and that's that.
I get this, they're also going to use the $1=1€, because at this rate they're getting closer and closer.

Edit: At the current new pricing (and the current conversion taken from xe.com) it is already like that, €5.39=$6.09, good job gog.com
Post edited January 29, 2015 by MauroR
with Russia getting downgraded to junk investment status, probably gonna be more blue posts in the coming weeks.
How often does GOG update these convertion rates?
Senteria: How often does GOG update these convertion rates?
Depends on currency fluctuations. I believe we had one in October, two in December, two in January.
Damn, will totally wait for a sale from fandango now :P
Damn. Totally missed this. Just means less buys for me. Nothing strange about this change since EU central bank is printing euros like hell now to stop deflation which means further value loss for euro.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by Matruchus
Can't really blame GoG for this. The € is very weak currently. Everybody is better off buying some gold or a house or something instead of keeping € at the moment.

Senteria: How often does GOG update these convertion rates?
Whenever the old ones are more than 5% off it seems.
I'll be more picky and wait for bigger discounts if this keeps up...

I wonder what will happen if it ever drops enough for € < $.
I don`t understand why the euro does lose value compared to the dollar?!? The USA is nearly bankrupt, every two or three moths the US government raises the credit limit so they don`t have to say officially that they are bankrupt, but in fact they are!
Taken this into account it would be more realistic to say that 1 euro is worth 10 dollars, or even 15!