It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is this list only for in-game achs and not for GOG galaxy Achievments? I am confused as the list has a lot of games with achs missing
hahaman: Is this list only for in-game achs and not for GOG galaxy Achievments? I am confused as the list has a lot of games with achs missing
This list collects all the discovered games that have IN-GAME achievements. If you find any game with in-game achievements just take a screenshot, post it here, and it will be added to the list.
Imperium Romanum Gold Edition has ingame achievements but i haven't played the game enough yet to try it out and see if they unlock. Not a priority currently for me, but i do see a menu with achievements.
Attachments:
Post edited July 17, 2021 by Fonzer
You can add Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders
Attachments:
high rated
Dogmaus: Secret Files 3 (Geheimakte 3) has in-game achievements, that are unlocked after completing the mess...ehm, the game.
https://i.imgur.com/Z63CbyF.png
Fonzer: Imperium Romanum Gold Edition has ingame achievements but i haven't played the game enough yet to try it out and see if they unlock. Not a priority currently for me, but i do see a menu with achievements.
List updated. Thank you for the addition :)

hahaman: Is this list only for in-game achs and not for GOG galaxy Achievments? I am confused as the list has a lot of games with achs missing
That's the whole point of the list. Several games here on GOG don't have Galaxy achievements and several users don't want to use Galaxy but still do like Achievements - for those cases ingame-achievements are a useful feature and that's why this list was created, to collect games with ingame achievements just like MadalinStroe explained. Btw providing a screenshot is nice but not really necessary imo.
Post edited July 22, 2021 by MarkoH01
Kitty Powers' Matchmaker has in-game achievements.
PaterAlf: Kitty Powers' Matchmaker has in-game achievements.
Thank you - added :)
So where do these games, such as ELEX, actually store these "in-Game" achievements? It doesn't looks like it's the save game, so there must be some config file within the game directory, or somewhere in AppData or something.
SargonAelther: So where do these games, such as ELEX, actually store these "in-Game" achievements? It doesn't looks like it's the save game, so there must be some config file within the game directory, or somewhere in AppData or something.
Most do keep the progression it in the save file. Why do you assume ELEX doesn't?
SargonAelther: So where do these games, such as ELEX, actually store these "in-Game" achievements? It doesn't looks like it's the save game, so there must be some config file within the game directory, or somewhere in AppData or something.
MadalinStroe: Most do keep the progression it in the save file. Why do you assume ELEX doesn't?
Well I started the game on Steam, then got the GOG version, the GOG version showed 0 in-game achievements. If they were stored in the actual saves, that would imply that the actual save files are different on Steam than they are on GOG. There would also have to be some sort of a general "profile save", as opposed to individual saves I'd imagine, since the achievements can only be viewed on the main menu outside of a game before any save is loaded.

I'll need to do some testing to see if they really are stored on the save or not. I'll install the GOG version on another PC, do some achievements on the GOG version and transfer those saves over.
OK, I did some testing and managed to find the achievement storage for ELEX. They are stored within two files called "UserDataA.bin" and "UserDataP.bin". They are located in "%LocalAppData%\ELEX\Config".

Steam version doesn't use or even create these files, whereas the GOG version creates them upon launch and edits them every time you unlock an achievement. Thank you "Up and Away" achievement, you made it very easy to research this lol.

Now GOG galaxy seems to sync the entire "%LocalAppData%\ELEX\Config" folder which is nice, but it's still good to know where these are stored for manual backup for people who prefer offline installers to Galaxy.

I was really sceptical about these being stored within the save file and it turns out I was right. The only game that I'm aware of, that stores Achievements within the save file is Deus Ex Human Revolution. You can literally load another person's savegame and watch like 50 achievements pop up at once.

I would propose that the Spreadsheet should be updated with a new column with information on where these in-game achievements are actually stored, since, in my opinion, if someone bothers achieving them, they should be able to back them up easily.
Post edited July 28, 2021 by SargonAelther
SargonAelther: OK, I did some testing and managed to find the achievement storage for ELEX. They are stored within two files called "UserDataA.bin" and "UserDataP.bin". They are located in "%LocalAppData%\ELEX\Config".

Steam version doesn't use or even create these files, whereas the GOG version creates them upon launch and edits them every time you unlock an achievement. Thank you "Up and Away" achievement, you made it very easy to research this lol.

Now GOG galaxy seems to sync the entire "%LocalAppData%\ELEX\Config" folder which is nice, but it's still good to know where these are stored for manual backup for people who prefer offline installers to Galaxy.

I was really sceptical about these being stored within the save file and it turns out I was right. The only game that I'm aware of, that stores Achievements within the save file is Deus Ex Human Revolution. You can literally load another person's savegame and watch like 50 achievements pop up at once.

I would propose that the Spreadsheet should be updated with a new column with information on where these in-game achievements are actually stored, since, in my opinion, if someone bothers achieving them, they should be able to back them up easily.
Excellent deductions, I myself have observed that some games store in-game achievements information in separate files, and in many cases even PCGamingWiki doesn't seem to have this information.

For some games I haven't yet been able to find the path. If Marko thinks it would be useful I could post what I know about some games, and together we could try to get to the bottom of the unsolved cases.
Sorry, the game was on the list! :P
Post edited July 28, 2021 by BookCrazy
Phoenotopia: Awakening has in-game achievements, or "badges" in this case.
Attachments:
high rated
eric5h5: Phoenotopia: Awakening has in-game achievements, or "badges" in this case.
Thank you. Will add it asap.

Unbound: Worlds Apart also has ingame achievements.