It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Treasure: snip
Grargar: The game's manual has just been added.
Thanks for letting me know, removed it from the gogmix as well.
KingCross has kindly donated a pdf manual for Patrician 1. It contains much more information than the plaintext file we had earlier.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu1mm14sq93yxlx/Patrician_Game_Manual_EN.pdf

That's 2 removed from Appendix A. Thanks!
Post edited June 06, 2016 by ZFR
Also added Hard Reset Redux since the game is now available for playing.

There was no separate manual for the Redux version, right?
ZFR: Also added Hard Reset Redux since the game is now available for playing.

There was no separate manual for the Redux version, right?
I don't think so.
ZFR: KingCross has kindly donated a pdf manual for Patrician 1. It contains much more information than the plaintext file we had earlier.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu1mm14sq93yxlx/Patrician_Game_Manual_EN.pdf

That's 2 removed from Appendix A. Thanks!
Great! Glad we got the English version of that one too (the French one was the extensive one before, now the two are on par). Added it to the gogmix -thanks to KingCross and to you too ZFR for letting me know!
Added an entry in my gogmix for the newest release of Homeworld Remastered Collection. Found manuals alright, but there's a slight problem: I haven't found so far an authentic manual for Homeworld 1 Classic -I found links to a bunch of modern-looking manuals, complete with material look, for the HW games and a manual for HW2 Classic that indeed looks like a late 90s/early 2000s manual, but not a similarly looking manual for HW Classic 1 (and places that claim they have the original manual for HW1 have the modern manual instead). The main focus of the release are the newest games though so I dunno...

edit:ah, just saw that the classic games aren't given separately (as happens in the case of e.g SS1 and Strife) but are in the launcher of the Remasters, so I guess it looks like the developers are actively trying to discourage people from playing the classic games or something, so I guess it will be alright even if I don't find the original late 90s manual of HW1 after all...
Post edited June 07, 2016 by Treasure
Treasure: Added an entry in my gogmix for the newest release of Homeworld Remastered Collection. Found manuals alright, but there's a slight problem: I haven't found so far an authentic manual for Homeworld 1 Classic -I found links to a bunch of modern-looking manuals, complete with material look, for the HW games and a manual for HW2 Classic that indeed looks like a late 90s/early 2000s manual, but not a similarly looking manual for HW Classic 1 (and places that claim they have the original manual for HW1 have the modern manual instead). The main focus of the release are the newest games though so I dunno...
Are you talking about this manual? Are you hesitant to add it because it looks digitized instead of scanned? Too clean a manual for an old game? Maybe you're thinking that it's the manual for the Remastered version? To be honest, I'm not even sure if the Remastered versions have a manual, but even if they did, then it's not the above one, as the upload date is 10 years before the release of the Remastered versions.
Post edited June 07, 2016 by Grargar
Grargar: Are you talking about this manual? Are you hesitant to add it because it looks digitized instead of scanned? Too clean a manual for an old game? Maybe you're thinking that it's the manual for the Remastered version? To be honest, I'm not even sure if the Remastered versions have a manual, but even if they did, then it's not the above one, as the upload date is 10 years before the release of the Remastered versions.
Yes, it's about this one - a basic reason for which I'm not linking to it is because it's the same manual as this one, which is amongst the links in that reddit thread (if I linked to the thread instead of the links themselves, it's again because of that awful character limit).
And yes, I did think it looked a bit too modern, especially compared with the manual of Homeworld 2 (which was released later) - that manual looks like an early 2000s manual alright (it has a certain je-ne-sais-quoi that screams 2000s), while I'd place the former manual more in 2010 and later or something. And this has nothing to do with the scanning quality either -there are some well scanned manuals in the gogmix e.g. Afterlife and they have the look of their own era, while that manual there wouldn't look out-of-place if I placed it with material-look stuff.
And this brings to the 2005 date problem ; I really don't know how to explain that out-of-place look in correlation with the date it was uploaded. There are a couple possibilities and the obligatory question where the person who originally uploaded the manual (because all the guy who uploaded it to replacementdocs did was to rip off that document and reupload it elsewhere) found it in the first place - maybe there was a pdf to the manual on disc, but back when manuals were actually printed this wasn't a common practice afaik. If indeed the date is correct and not fake or doctored or anything else, only one explanation remains then -to proclaim that the original developers of Homeworld were also apparently the inventors of material look and worked with a super-duper pc or something... (just in case you think I'm using sarcasm, I'm not -after truly noticing the date to which you helpfully pointed, I'm really baffled, as this case thus became similar to the stories one sees in tabloids that claim that future/alien objects were found on ancient tombs...)
tl;dr I didn't upload it because I had practically already linked to it, and now I don't know how to label these weirdly modern-looking documents (I could use something like "some other documents, possibly of alien origin" but it doesn't sound very good, so... I don't know...)
P.S. If anything, this ebay photo proves that least the reference card has this modern look thingy going for it... *shrugs* Perhaps there's the possibility they were aiming for a futuristic vibe when making the manuals, and the material-look future they envisioned became a reality barely 12-13 years later -someone should give the original developers/manual makers a clairvoyance award or something! (yes, that's me again just saying whatever comes through my mind because this is seriously weird...)
Treasure: And this brings to the 2005 date problem ; I really don't know how to explain that out-of-place look in correlation with the date it was uploaded. There are a couple possibilities and the obligatory question where the person who originally uploaded the manual (because all the guy who uploaded it to replacementdocs did was to rip off that document and reupload it elsewhere) found it in the first place - maybe there was a pdf to the manual on disc, but back when manuals were actually printed this wasn't a common practice afaik. If indeed the date is correct and not fake or doctored or anything else, only one explanation remains then -to proclaim that the original developers of Homeworld were also apparently the inventors of material look and worked with a super-duper pc or something... (just in case you think I'm using sarcasm, I'm not -after truly noticing the date to which you helpfully pointed, I'm really baffled, as this case thus became similar to the stories one sees in tabloids that claim that future/alien objects were found on ancient tombs...)
I don't really believe that they doctored the upload date, because then I would also have to believe that they doctored the posting date of the two comments (one in 2010 and another in 2011) and went so far as to fool the Wayback Machine into having a 2007 entry for it, without any comments (since the two comments would be posted in later years). Maybe there was a digital manual, after all...

At any rate, I'd recommend that you post a link to this manual for your GOGmix, since something (even weird) is better than nothing.
Treasure: Added an entry in my gogmix for the newest release of Homeworld Remastered Collection. Found manuals alright, but there's a slight problem: I haven't found so far an authentic manual for Homeworld 1 Classic -I found links to a bunch of modern-looking manuals, complete with material look, for the HW games and a manual for HW2 Classic that indeed looks like a late 90s/early 2000s manual, but not a similarly looking manual for HW Classic 1 (and places that claim they have the original manual for HW1 have the modern manual instead). The main focus of the release are the newest games though so I dunno...
The german manual for Homeworld Classic is in the same style, i got it on a magazine DVD from around 2005 - 2009:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_de/sammelthread_deutschsprachige_handbucher/post149
Post edited June 07, 2016 by Impaler26
Grargar: I don't really believe that they doctored the upload date, because then I would also have to believe that they doctored the posting date of the two comments (one in 2010 and another in 2011) and went so far as to fool the Wayback Machine into having a 2007 entry for it, without any comments (since the two comments would be posted in later years). Maybe there was a digital manual, after all...

At any rate, I'd recommend that you post a link to this manual for your GOGmix, since something (even weird) is better than nothing.
I also didn't think anyone would have a reason to doctor said date, but weirder things have happened, so it was a remote possibility.
As for the gogmix appearing not to have a manual of HW1 Classic, I just changed the labelling of the reddit url in the gogmix (so that it now says "Links to what are confirmed to be manuals of HW1 +HW2 Classic "), as said manual is already linked to in the reddit thread-its on the link under the Homeworld 1 heading (but I guess my rambling about the mysteriousness of the manual obfuscated my mentioning of that fact...)

Impaler26: The german manual for Homeworld Classic is in the same style, i got it on a magazine DVD from around 2005 - 2009:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_de/sammelthread_deutschsprachige_handbucher/post149
Thanks for the additional confirmation that this manual apparently was made before 2005-2009 - I'll probably have to figure out whether I'll also link to your german manuals in the gogmix, as I'm yet again short on characters...thanks for providing them anyways...
Post edited June 08, 2016 by Treasure
This is probably of importance only to me, but...
My gogmix reached 100 votes today! Yay!
*throws confetti*
Do quickstart guides count for the list? Ori and the Blind Forest is missing it from here. Info on the retail version's contents below:
http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/article/nordic_games_will_bring_ori_and_the_blind_forest_definitive_edition_to_reta

It apparently acts as the game's manual (it's even called manual), if the following two images are to be believed:
http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Ori-Blind-Forest-Retail-Ann-PC-Standard.jpg
http://cdn4.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Ori-Blind-Forest-Retail-Ann-PC-Limited.jpg
Post edited June 16, 2016 by Grargar
Grargar: Do quickstart guides count for the list? Ori and the Blind Forest is missing it from here. Info on the retail version's contents below:
http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/article/nordic_games_will_bring_ori_and_the_blind_forest_definitive_edition_to_reta

It apparently acts as the game's manual (it's even called manual), if the following two images are to be believed:
http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Ori-Blind-Forest-Retail-Ann-PC-Standard.jpg
http://cdn4.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Ori-Blind-Forest-Retail-Ann-PC-Limited.jpg
I usually do link to quickstart guides, yes, as most manuals have become quite thin nowadays and are pretty much quickstarts. Ori and the Blind Forest is no exception - I already found said quickstarts here, in a repository Nordic Games has for manuals, many of which apparently concern retail versions of games (Nordic seems to publish the retail versions of many games), which repository I've already used before e.g. for Costume Quest.
So tl;dr I already have those in the gogmix, maybe I should have posted in the thread too, but since I found them fairly easily, by looking in the repository I already knew existed, I didn't judge it was necessary...
Grargar: Do quickstart guides count for the list?
Yes for me. Thanks for the information.

I'm going on holidays for a week. Got a plane to catch in 3 hrs. I'll be checking the forums sporadically, but I'll update this, and any later additions, and the Homeworld entry, when I'm back.