It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tremere110: Forgot about this. Superhero League of Hoboken uses Dosbox 0.74-2
Me too. It's been 3 months since the last DOS release and my mind completely skipped the game. Thanks.
A bunch of games (Al-Qhadim, Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold, Bio Menace, Blood) just got updated to the latest DOSBox version (0.74-2) and more updates are to come. Will report on the rest of them when the updating dust has settled.
Post edited March 21, 2019 by Grargar
It looks like a ludicrous amount of DOS games have received the cloud save treatment along with updating the DOSBox version to 0.74-2. I'll have to take a new look at my DOS games to see which specific ones have received updates and I will be making a new unconfirmed list for those that I don't own. This will take a while.

Current list:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post21870
Post edited March 21, 2019 by Grargar
The Elder Scrolls: Arena, The Elder Scrolls: Chapter II - Daggerfall, Fantasy General, Rayman Forever, The Settlers II: Gold Edition and Worms United now uses DOSBox 0.74-2.
Oof, I am finally done. I have a few things to say, along with a question:

1) I have reached the character limit of the first post. As a result, I had to divide the list in two and use another post for its second half.
2) I can personally confirm that the following games have all been updated to DOSBox version 0.74-2.1:

Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse
Alone in the Dark 1+2+3
An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespired
Battle Chess Special Edition
Battle Isle Platinum
Bio Menace
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold
Blake Stone: Planet Strike
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder 2
Catacombs Pack
Colonization, Sid Meier's
Constructor Classic 1997
Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure
Crusader: No Remorse
Crusader: No Regret
Crystal Caves
Dangerous Dave Pack
Doom II + Final Doom
Dragonsphere
Duke Nukem 1+2
Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition
Dungeon Keeper Gold
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Sun Series
Dungeons & Dragons: Krynn Series (The Dark Queen of Krynn remains at version 0.74)
Dungeons & Dragons: Ravenloft Series
The Elder Scrolls: Arena
The Elder Scrolls: Chapter II - Daggerfall
F-117A Nighthawk Stealth Fighter 2.0
Fantasy General
Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection One
Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Two
Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Three
Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist
Harvester
Heroes of Might and Magic
Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Gold
Hocus Pocus
Ignition
Jagged Alliance
Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games
Jazz Jackrabbit Collection
Jill of the Jungle: The Complete Trilogy
Lands of Lore 1 (Not a typo, the second game still remains at version 0.74)
Little Big Adventure
Little Big Adventure 2
Lords of the Realm Royal Edition
Magic Carpet Plus
Magic Carpet 2: The Netherworlds
Master of Magic
Master of Orion 1+2
Might and Magic 6-Pack Limited Edition
Monster Bash
Pirates! Gold Plus
Populous
Populous 2: Trials of the Olympian Gods
Privateer 2 - The Darkening
Rayman Forever
SimCity 2000 Special Edition
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary
Star Trek: Judgment Rites
Theme Hospital
Theme Park
Ultima 2+3 (First game still remains at version 0.74)
Ultima 4+5+6
Ultima 7 Complete
Ultima 8 Gold Edition
Ultima Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams
The Ultimate Doom
Wing Commander: Privateer
Wing Commander 1+2
Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger
Wizardry 6 (7's DOS version is an extra and still remains at 0.74)
Wolfenstein 3D + Spear of Destiny

Meanwhile, Ultima Underworld 1+2 are now at version 0.74-2. Strange exception, but that's what it is.

3) I have updated the unconfirmed list with the games that I don't own and have separated it into two: one part with games that have been reported to be updated and another part with games that have no indication of having done so. If you know anything about any of the games, feel free to mention it.

4) Finally, the question. As this update to the DOSBosx builds seems to be connected with the addition of cloud saves which are only for Windows users, can any Mac and Linux user confirm whether their DOSBox builds have been similarly updated? (Bio Menace is a great game to find out, as it is free and has Mac and Linux builds).
Post edited March 22, 2019 by Grargar
Orzelek303: The Elder Scrolls: Arena, The Elder Scrolls: Chapter II - Daggerfall, Fantasy General, Rayman Forever, The Settlers II: Gold Edition and Worms United now uses DOSBox 0.74-2.
Can you please confirm whether Settlers II and Worms United are using DOSBox 0.74-2 or 0.74-2.1? The other games in your list are using DOSBox 0.74-2.1
Grargar: 4) Finally, the question. As this update to the DOSBosx builds seems to be connected with the addition of cloud saves which are only for Windows users, can any Mac and Linux user confirm whether their DOSBox builds have been similarly updated? (Bio Menace is a great game to find out, as it is free and has Mac and Linux builds).
I'm on a Mac.

I don't use Galaxy, but I just tried downloading a couple at random using the "offline backup game installers" (Syndicate Plus and Subwar 2050), and both of those games are still using old versions of Boxer Standalone (files are from 2017 and 2013 respectively)

EDIT: I don't think Boxer itself has been updated since 2016, so it's not keeping up with current DOSBox builds in any case.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by 01kipper
Grargar: Can you please confirm whether Settlers II and Worms United are using DOSBox 0.74-2 or 0.74-2.1? The other games in your list are using DOSBox 0.74-2.1
I just downloaded The Settlers 2: Gold Edition and it's the same old installer (2.0.0.14) from March 2013, with DOSBox 0.74.
Grargar: Can you please confirm whether Settlers II and Worms United are using DOSBox 0.74-2 or 0.74-2.1? The other games in your list are using DOSBox 0.74-2.1
Honestly, I did not know what to do in the case of version 0.74-2.1. I treated this version as 0.74-2 because there is no official stable version 0.74-2.1 available for download. Maybe this is SVN build.

So if this detail is important then you're right - for all these games it's 0.74-2.1. As for the rest I checked it again: Worms United uses 0.74-2.1 and Settlers II uses 0.74 (I have no idea why I was wrong about the Settlers, yesterday I was almost sure that I checked correctly because I wrote down information about each checked game in a text file). In any case, I apologize for the unintentional confusion.

As for the Carmageddon Max Pack, DOSBox version is also not entirely clear. The DOSBox window shows 0.74, the title bar - 0.74G and the archive with the source code is called dosbox74GN.tar.gz.
Post edited March 22, 2019 by Orzelek303
01kipper: I'm on a Mac.

I don't use Galaxy, but I just tried downloading a couple at random using the "offline backup game installers" (Syndicate Plus and Subwar 2050), and both of those games are still using old versions of Boxer Standalone (files are from 2017 and 2013 respectively)

EDIT: I don't think Boxer itself has been updated since 2016, so it's not keeping up with current DOSBox builds in any case.
ariaspi: I just downloaded The Settlers 2: Gold Edition and it's the same old installer (2.0.0.14) from March 2013, with DOSBox 0.74.
Thank you for the replies.
Orzelek303: Honestly, I did not know what to do in the case of version 0.74-2.1. I treated this version as 0.74-2 because there is no official stable version 0.74-2.1 available for download. Maybe this is SVN build.

So if this detail is important then you're right - for all these games it's 0.74-2.1. As for the rest I checked it again: Worms United uses 0.74-2.1 and Settlers II uses 0.74 (I have no idea why I was wrong about the Settlers, yesterday I was almost sure that I checked correctly because I wrote down information about each checked game in a text file). In any case, I apologize for the unintentional confusion.

As for the Carmageddon Max Pack, DOSBox version is also not entirely clear. The DOSBox window shows 0.74, the title bar - 0.74G and the archive with the source code is called dosbox74GN.tar.gz.
Thank you. I was also going to ignore 0.74-2.1 till I noticed that some games upgraded from 0.74-2 to it. And you're right, it's not an official release as of this point, but rather 0.74-2 with some tweaks specifically for GOG:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/dosbox_games_now_with_cloud_saves_5c7ee/post127
Post edited March 22, 2019 by Grargar
Interesting matter with this 0.74-2.1. Thanks for the link. By the way, I did not know that DOSBox developers are on the forum.

Going further: DOSBox version for Prehistorik 1 + 2 (0.74) has not been changed. However, there is something unclear with the DOSBox version listed for Tomb Raider 1. It is reported that this is version SVN-Daum 23/11/2012. The DOSBox window says something else (see attachment).

In the ChangeLog_SVN.txt file, the most recent change is:

Changes to the DOSBox sourcecode since 0.74:

2012-11-14 13:22 qbix79

* [r3802] src / ints / bios_keyboard.cpp: Enable interrupt flag after
call 0x11 as well. Thanks ripsaw. Fixes a Korean game
Attachments:
dosbox.png (6 Kb)
Post edited March 23, 2019 by Orzelek303
Grargar: 4) Finally, the question. As this update to the DOSBosx builds seems to be connected with the addition of cloud saves which are only for Windows users, can any Mac and Linux user confirm whether their DOSBox builds have been similarly updated? (Bio Menace is a great game to find out, as it is free and has Mac and Linux builds).
As already mentioned, GOG uses Boxer Standalone by default for all DOS games on Mac. Pool of Radiance... No, I tell a lie, FRUA is one of the few exceptions that uses DOSBox. The Mac build hasn't changed and is in fact still an older .dmg installer. (double-checked the actual installer too)
Pretty sure Linux builds wouldn't be updated to 0.74-2.1 as there's not much point to add cloud saves to the build, but no cloud save functionality being that's done through Galaxy. Conversely, I guess they might update them all to the same DOSBox version at some point for consistency, but for now all DOSBox games I own that were updated only have new Windows installers (Mac & Linux installers are unchanged).
Post edited March 26, 2019 by Gydion
Wasteland 1: The Original Classic

Doesn't it come with DOSbox?
Gede: Wasteland 1: The Original Classic

No and Yes.

Yes it uses dosbox, but dosbox is compiled into a new executable. So the original dos executable is not present and it doesn't use the standard GOG dosbox version.
Post edited April 17, 2019 by drinnen
Gede: Wasteland 1: The Original Classic

drinnen: No and Yes.

Yes it uses dosbox, but dosbox is compiled into a new executable. So the original dos executable is not present and it doesn't use the standard GOG dosbox version.
I see. Is it a custom DOSbox binary. Can I use my system's DOSbox to play the game, then?