It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sorry for the mistake. I replaced it with Botanicula and checked, it wasn't mentioned, its critters are described as "little tree creatures." Everything about it is bizarre.

May I ask: Would be okay to make a list based on this a bit?

This will be founded on a different set of values. The probable idea is to do only titles where the main character is not a Homo Sapiens but has consciousness as a player, in the absence of the main, like Strategy, one's faction counts, and aliens are of course okay within this concept as long as run by the player. The reason is the same, I didn't have any tag, so I made as like: For instance, "Armikrog," "Rayman Oigins," "Phoning Home" or even "Pile Up! Box by Box" can be in. If you or someone likes to take the idea as is, fine, I've no objections.

The independent draft version has had around 150 titles before found this topic.
Post edited September 28, 2021 by liara42
LordEbu: Rain World - survival of a slug-cat in a harsh environment, gathering food for hybernation period, you can even tame some other creatures by feeding them with small flies/critters. Interesting ecosystem where predators can become a prey as well.
This also falls under alien creatures. As soon as I get a moment I'll start the list with aliens, since it's in high demand.
liara42: Sorry for the mistake. I replaced it with Botanicula and checked, it wasn't mentioned, its critters are described as "little tree creatures." Everything about it is bizarre.

May I ask: Would be okay to make a list based on this a bit?

This will be founded on a different set of values. The probable idea is to do only titles where the main character is not a Homo Sapiens but has consciousness as a player, in the absence of the main, like Strategy, one's faction counts, and aliens are of course okay within this concept as long as run by the player. The reason is the same, I didn't have any tag, so I made as like: For instance, "Armikrog," "Rayman Oigins," "Phoning Home" or even "Pile Up! Box by Box" can be in. If you or someone likes to take the idea as is, fine, I've no objections.

The independent draft version has had around 150 titles before found this topic.
Botanicula actually looks like a good addition, the main creatures are plant seeds and mushrooms, but there are also many other insect-like creatures and a kind of spider as an enemy.

Of course, you're totally free to take the list, expand it and modify it to your liking. Be careful because if you include every non-human protagonist such as aliens, animals, robots, cyborgs, fantasy races, I imagine that it will become very large, and it will be easy to exceed a thousand games!
Post edited September 28, 2021 by Alexim
KasperHviid: Nieche
Spore
Alexim: We have discussed this and both involve alien life forms, so they are ruled out for now.
liara42: Chicken Police
Alexim: Already on the list, thanks!
samuraigaiden: Is this some **********?
Alexim: I don't know, you're the first one to bring up furries, do you have a confession to make, pal?
It's an honest question. Did it make you angry that I asked?

[Modded by Sarafan: Removed the quoted part]
Post edited September 29, 2021 by Sarafan
samuraigaiden: It's an honest question. Did it make you angry that I asked?
An honest question. I have no time for such foolishness. You have made a vile provocation that deserves no response from anyone here, goodbye.
I guess that's a yes
Alexim:
No worry, it'll be small. Thanks for the permission.
Post edited September 29, 2021 by liara42
samuraigaiden: Is this some ********?
We've noticed that your post violated our Code of Conduct, therefore it has been modded. Please treat this as a warning and refrain from posting suggestions that may be considered insulting. You can find our Code of Conduct here: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct?product=gog. If you have any questions regarding the moderation process, please contact me through direct message.
So, I asked a question here without using any curse word or derogatory term and I got some serious moderation.

Apparently people are very sensitive if you ask what this thread is actually about?
Like, seriously, why is the word animals in quotation marks on the title?

If it's too nasty to ask, maybe the entire thread should be removed and not just me asking, no?
samuraigaiden:
We don’t discuss the moderation process publicly. If you have any doubts or questions please contact me through direct message. I’m always open for suggestions. Further violations of our rules (including discussions about moderation) may lead to a more drastic measures than a warning.
Post edited September 30, 2021 by Sarafan
Mordheim: City of the Damned has a playable warband of mutant rats.
The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse has cats, dogs, foxes, frogs, etc around, the main character themselves is random.
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime has a playable rabbit, frog, cat.
Overcooked: Gourmet Edition and Overcooked! 2 has a playable axolotl, cat, dog, owl, pig, mouse, narval, octopus, gator, eagle, turtle, walrus and others.
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom has a playable pig, frog, lion, snake (by tranforming), then in the world can be found a squid boss, trader elephants, etc.
Sine Mora EX has cats, a gator and bison, etc, as "narrative" characters or pilots.
Pine has gator, fox and moose tribes with villages.
Post edited October 04, 2021 by liara42
liara42: snip
These are all great suggestions for the list, I can't believe I forgot about some of them that I even played. Thanks, I'll add them as soon as possible.
It's not animal focused but it's worth mentioning that in Ring of Pain there are frogs and dogs that are not enemies. Also rats and a scary dog-like enemy.
If you have special items you can pat the dog or befriend the frogs. Or turn enemies into frogs with a spell.
Also, there is a scary weird bird-guy called the Owl.

https://www.pcinvasion.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/20201013175751_1-750x422.jpg
Post edited October 08, 2021 by Dogmaus
Post edited October 08, 2021 by LootHunter
Would it be feasible to add links to the first post, to make finding those games easier? I totally understand if you don't want to (as it is time consuming), just thought I would ask.

Also,these are potential additions

Heroes of Might and Magic 1: The barbarian faction has wolves as one of their units, though it seems like the rest of the units are more fantasy (unicorns, dragons, etc..) than not.

Heroes of Might and Magic 2: Wizards have Boars, and the Barbarians from 1 return with their wolves.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3: The Inferno Town can create 'Hellhounds', though it seems like the rest are basically reduced to 'mounts' rather than actual units in their own rights (like wolf riders instead of just wolves). Not sure if this would be enough to include it, and it has been a while since I played it, so can't quite remember whether or not there were 'animal' recruitment through non-town areas. Ah, the expansion brought back Boars as non-aligned creatures

Heroes of Might and Magic 4: One of the towns has 'Nightmares' which are based upon horses, the 'Preserve' town has Wolves and White tigers, and Mantis as well.

Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Academy has 'Rakshasa', Inferno has Hellhounds and Hell Chargers, though that seems all for the official towns, there may be true creatures available through non-town aligned recruitment, but again, it has been a while since I played it (and was honestly disappointed in this one, due to it being so far from the previous games storyline/characters and it was laggy on my previous computer)

Edit: Forgot this one:

Mad Max: It has a dog that you can save, and while it isn't a true companion in the way Dogmeat is in the Fallout series, it does have a further use and you can 'travel' with it. (I am not finished with this game, so if it becomes more important later on, I haven't gotten to that point yet.)
Post edited October 08, 2021 by CatherineBr