It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Since it is a standalone installer, it must include files from Gothic II Gold and therefore ownership is required. I think GOG was smart to do it like this (unexpectedly!). Saves you from fiddling around with multiple installers/files to get it running.
Wurzelkraft: I think GOG was smart to do it like this (unexpectedly!).
But not smart enough. The current solution is ok, but separate DLC installer should also be included.
Lexor: But not smart enough. The current solution is ok, but separate DLC installer should also be included.
Not sure what you mean by that, as it is separate.

GOG however have not really done the right thing doing it the way they have.
It should have been promoted as buy Gothic 2 Gold Edition and then get The Chronicles of Myrtana:Archolos for free, a standalone full conversion mod.

That would have made it abundantly clear for everyone.
Post edited December 12, 2021 by Timboli
Timboli: Not sure what you mean by that, as it is separate.
No, it is not. As I read, it includes G2, it's not just DLC.
If you have G2 already installed you can't download just data from DLC to install it.
You need to download the whole pack, G2+DLC.
Startrail: Frostpunk and Journey to the Savage Planet Deluxe Edition (Includes Hot Garbage DLC) is free for Amazon Prime Members as part of Prime Giveaway for the month of December 2021.

Go go go!
I got amazon prime video, does that count for this? I can't find any trace of this offer you mention anyway.
Hapygoo: I got amazon prime video, does that count for this? I can't find any trace of this offer you mention anyway.
Yes.Try with this link to amazon games: https://gaming.amazon.com/home.
Almost all the games I do see on amazon prime games are just bonus stuff for MMO's, not proper stand alone games with just a few exceptions along the bottom. Is there something I'm missing?
Post edited December 13, 2021 by Hapygoo
Hapygoo: Almost all the games I do see on amazon prime games are just bonus stuff for MMO's, not proper stand alone games with just a few exceptions along the bottom. Is there something I'm missing?
Your glasses?
Hapygoo: Almost all the games I do see on amazon prime games are just bonus stuff for MMO's, not proper stand alone games with just a few exceptions along the bottom. Is there something I'm missing?
You need to go to the bottom of the page to see the Good Games to claim them, remember to log in with your Amazon IDs.
GOG's Winter Giveaway: https://www.gog.com/game/shadow_tactics_blades_of_the_shogun
At the bottom of the screen, you'll see it there :)
Too fast!

Shadow Tactics : Blades of the Shogun, free as part of Winter Sale 2021 from the 13th to 15th of December 2021

Go go go!
Timboli: Not sure what you mean by that, as it is separate.
Lexor: No, it is not. As I read, it includes G2, it's not just DLC.
If you have G2 already installed you can't download just data from DLC to install it.
Lol.. the discussion that you guys had is the reason why I had some issue categorising it. I mentioned DLC because the mechanism in order to get this free game/DLC is the same as a DLC. You'll need the pre-requisite game (in this case Gothic II Gold) in order to even get it.

Its the same for all other free DLCs on the site.
Post edited December 13, 2021 by Startrail
That's not my understanding from what I have read.
And while it surely contains files from Gothic 2, I doubt it includes the whole game ... just enough to work.

It seems fairly clear you have to own Gothic 2 Gold Edition to purchase the free conversion mod.

What is less clear, is whether Gothic 2 has to actually be installed to install & run the mod. Some have suggested it doesn't need to be. Are you saying it does?

Admittedly, this whole DLC or standalone Full Conversion Mod situation is confusing, hence why I said what I did earlier.

It should have been promoted as buy Gothic 2 Gold Edition and then get The Chronicles of Myrtana:Archolos for free, a standalone full conversion mod.

That would have made it abundantly clear for everyone.
Right now, it shows in your GOG library as a separate game, while it did show on the successful purchase window as both a separate game and an added DLC to Gothic 2 Golden Edition. All very confusing.

Startrail: Its the same for all other free DLCs on the site.
Not quite, but as far as purchasing goes, yes.

Though I guess that like a Soundtrack, the base game itself doesn't need to be installed to use it ... so technically you could say that means it is a DLC.
Post edited December 13, 2021 by Timboli
Timboli: That's not my understanding from what I have read.
I've read some people were able to install DLC without the need of having G2 installed before. The current GOG's version of DLC does not ask for G2 location if it's already installed and it installs G2 and DLC at the same time. I think that the main reason why you need to have G2 on GOG before getting this DLC - in the other way you will have G2 for free as well.

Timboli: Right now, it shows in your GOG library as a separate game, while it did show on the successful purchase window as both a separate game and an added DLC to Gothic 2 Golden Edition. All very confusing.
+1. This confused me as well.
In short terms: From a data point of view It's a separated/standalone game, but legally cou can only get it as DLC for Gothic 2.
neumi5694: In short terms: From a data point of view It's a separated/standalone game, but legally cou can only get it as DLC for Gothic 2.
From what I see: it's a free DLC but on GOG its download is packed together with paid Gothic 2 data so to not receive Gothic 2 for free at the same time you need to have Gothic 2 already in your library.
Post edited December 14, 2021 by Lexor