It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Startrail: First cross-site promo in awhile

Free Ghostrunner on Amazon Prime, probably for the month of October 2021
_Auster_: Worth noting that it's "free" only if the user is still eligible to the free trial period of Amazon Prime.
If the free trial period is over, the user needs to pay for the subscription (it's pretty cheap, but not free).
True. But there are ways around getting a new trial account. Just abit more involved
low rated
Startrail: Hi everyone!

I would like to compile a list of GOG Free Games just for fun. Previously I used Adamantios GOGmix as a source of reference

Adamantios GOGMix

But I realised it hasn't been updated for awhile. I have some games but I can't quite remember the reason for them being free, if you remember how and why it's free please let me know. Also free games include pre-order promotions as well as free gifts obtained after reaching a certain amount in sales (as in the current 2015 winter promotion sale). Does not include limited giveaways in competitions etc

My GOGMix is here
My GOGMix

GOG Connect Mix is here
GOGConnect Mix

Edit: 14th December 2015
As per RWarehall's point, I have taken the liberty to split up the list into 4 distinct sections. It can be found on the respective posts below

Edit : 2 June 2015
Added in GOGMix for the new GOGConnect

Edited: 7th June 2017
Added in new list for external party promotions
Added in new list for extra keys of same game given with purchase

Edited: 22nd Nov 2017
Added in new GOGConnect List

Edited: 14th February 2018
Added in new list for pre-order DLC freebies

Edited: 25th September 2018
Added in new GOGConnect List. Also GOGMix will not be updated from here on due to non-functionality of GOGMix Update Mechanism. Related Forum Post

Edited: 15th June 2020
Added in new Giveaways List as original list has reached maximum word count for a post.

Permenently Free Games
Temporary Free Games - Giveaways Part 1
Temporary Free Games - Giveaways Part 2
Temporary Free Games - Pre-order Game Freebies
Temporary Free Games - Pre-order DLC and Misc Freebies
Temporary Free Games - Free with Purchase
Temporary Free Games - GOGConnect Part 1
Temporary Free Games - GOGConnect Part 2
Temporary Free Games - GOGConnect Part 3
Temporary Free Games - GOGConnect Part 4
In conjunction with external parties
Extra keys given
thanks for this..
Ziggrat 2nd anniversary celebrations. Own 7 of their games on GOG and get Corridor 7 free! If you own 10 of their games on GOG, you can get Deadly Dozen free! From the 22nd to 28th of October

Just add the respective games to cart and they'll show up as free!

Go go go!
Post edited October 22, 2021 by Startrail
...And it seems you can take second copies of these freebies as gift keys too ;)
high rated
New permanent free game! Dagon by H. P. Lovecraft.

Go go go!
A GOG code for Control: Ultimate Edition is currently free to claim on Amazon's Prime Gaming.
THESLITHERYDEE: A GOG code for Control: Ultimate Edition is currently free to claim on Amazon's Prime Gaming.
Worth noting it's "free" only if the user is still eligible to the free trial period of Amazon Prime.
If the free trial period is over, the user needs to pay for the subscription (it's pretty cheap, but not free).
And Amazon could very well ban people that use dummy accounts to exploit free trials (if they don't already).
Thanks for this! Am down with a bad throat, so haven't been online much!
Startrail: Thanks for this! Am down with a bad throat, so haven't been online much!
You are more than welcome Startrail, but this is one drop compared to all the posts you have shared: A lot of thanks to you and I hope you get better pretty soon! :)

P.S: I was unsure to quote your catch phrase, could you please? :)
Pre-order Hextech Mayhem to receive an exclusive Ruined Ziggs Skin from the 9th to 16th November 2021(end date not confirmed)

https://www.facebook.com/55892962656/posts/10158196291777657/

Go go go!!
Post edited November 10, 2021 by Startrail
Startrail: Pre-order Hextech Mayhem to receive an exclusive Ruined Ziggs Skin from the 9th to 16th November 2021(end date not confirmed)

https://www.facebook.com/55892962656/posts/10158196291777657
Store page for the game: https://www.gog.com/game/hextech_mayhem_a_league_of_legends_story
Information about the bonus content mentioned in the store page too, for those that don't want to/can't open Facebook.

Also, does it count as free? Sounds more like a deal/bundle to me.
Startrail: Pre-order Hextech Mayhem to receive an exclusive Ruined Ziggs Skin from the 9th to 16th November 2021(end date not confirmed)

https://www.facebook.com/55892962656/posts/10158196291777657
_Auster_: Store page for the game: https://www.gog.com/game/hextech_mayhem_a_league_of_legends_story
Information about the bonus content mentioned in the store page too, for those that don't want to/can't open Facebook.

Also, does it count as free? Sounds more like a deal/bundle to me.
Hiyah! I cover free dlcs for prepurchases as well since they will go on sale after awhile. Think you might need to go back a couple of pages to see the rationale. People asked for it basically, so I agreed..

Free steamworld dig 2 as part of Thunderful World Event. Today (11/11) only! Go go go!

https://www.gog.com/news/claim_your_copy_of_steamworld_dig_2
Post edited November 11, 2021 by Startrail
Finally updated all lists to be accurate as of today. :)

The Ziggrat giveaway seems to have regional differences. From what I heard, Austria/Germany had Corridor 7 given free regardless of number of games owned. Not going to reflect that in the list as its not what most people faced. Just putting here for posterity.
Startrail: The Ziggrat giveaway seems to have regional differences. From what I heard, Austria/Germany had Corridor 7 given free regardless of number of games owned.
Makes GOG-sense. 6 games* weren't available in Germany and counted as "owned/in cart". Corridor as the 7th game was free.
Then 3 additional games including Deadly Dozen made that one free too.

*BloodRayne: Terminal Cut, BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut, BloodRayne: Terminal Cut Bundle, BloodRayne Absolute Bundle, Killing Time, Requiem: Avenging Angel