It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kick-aha: ...

@cmdr_flashheart: I noticed that some games like 99 Spirits and War of the Human Tanks only work when the steam_api.dll is present in the game directory. When you delete it, the game gives you an error and is unplayable. It also doesn't matter if it's on the same PC or on a new machine which never saw Steam in it's life. So you maybe should paraphrase that steam_api.dll thingie.

Woah, thanks for letting me know. I'll rephrase it.

edit: done
http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
Post edited May 24, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
Dolantin:
Kick-aha: Okay, so I'm asking directly: On which OS did you test Desktop Dungeons, so we can update the entry? A simple "it's running" isn't worth much, since the DRM-freeness can differ from OS to OS.
The OS is Windows 7/64 bit on both machines, the 'Steam- infected one', with which I downloaded the game, and the offline one, with which I tested the dll- less copy, and which doesn't even know that Steam exists.
I play it since a week without any problems; it finds its save folder in its proper 'Desktop Dungeons' folder. Copy that whole thing (600mB) wherever you want.
Start 'Desktopdungeons.exe' not 'Desktopdungeons' without the .dlls
I just wanted to take the time to thank people who bother posting here. This is very useful in this day and age of obfuscation and shady practices.
Eador: Genesis is DRM-free on Steam. If someone could add it to the steam wiki page for me, I'd really appreciate it as I have no idea how to edit the wiki. Here's the link to the steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/235660/

Edit: Thanks!
Post edited June 12, 2014 by GOGwiiisfun
Sirius1911: Serena is drm free :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/272060
On which platform did you test Serena?
Niggles: I think thats one of the reasons im put off. Games really should be standalone installers even coming from Steam and recrompressing a folder to store a game away is step that shouldn't be necessary. And yes the functionality of steam might be useful for some people but it isnt part of a game and shouldn't really be considered as such when you buy a game..- it doesn't wash with a certain % of people.Me included. Oh well.
StingingVelvet: Hopefully if GOG releases a client it still downloads installers, so you guys can be happy.
Ideally I would want a client to handle the installation as well. But GOG could and should still provide standalone installers to those for some reason preferring browser downloads.
Sirius1911: Serena is drm free :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/272060
Kick-aha: On which platform did you test Serena?
windows 7 64 bits and kubuntu12.04 (cant remember really), but that was a months ago.
Post edited May 25, 2014 by Sirius1911
realkman666: I just wanted to take the time to thank people who bother posting here. This is very useful in this day and age of obfuscation and shady practices.
I've found this information to be invaluable. I'm really glad the wiki was started and continues to be updated.
All tested on Windows XP.

Working:
Full Mojo Rampage
Glacier 3: The Meltdown
Street Racing Syndicate
Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge
Viscera Cleanup Detail

Couldn't get these to work:
Truck Racer
Eversion
Sequence
Epic Battle Fantasy 4 (at first it looked like it was running, but bugged out when starting/continuing a game)
Original War added.

edit: and I don't know why Steam says Win 8 is not supported, it's working for me.
Post edited May 30, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
DarkoD13: All tested on Windows XP.

Working:
Full Mojo Rampage
Glacier 3: The Meltdown
Street Racing Syndicate
Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge
Viscera Cleanup Detail

Couldn't get these to work:
Truck Racer
Eversion
Sequence
Epic Battle Fantasy 4 (at first it looked like it was running, but bugged out when starting/continuing a game)
Could it be a Win XP problem for Epic Battle Fantasy 4?

I played for a brief period on Win 8 and had no problem, maybe because I did not play for long?
Gnostic: Could it be a Win XP problem for Epic Battle Fantasy 4?

I played for a brief period on Win 8 and had no problem, maybe because I did not play for long?
Did you have a previous save game? I don't remember the error that popped up after starting the game, but the main menu screen was flashing and presing either continue or start a new game led to a black screen with music in the background. I'll try again and mention the exact name of the error.
In case it's not clear, the problems I mention happen when trying to run the game outside steam (after deleting the steam_api, since leaving that led to the propmpt to enter your steam credentials).
"Error: Couldn't resolve command "com.vapgames.SteamExt.create()'!
And on the game screen itself, "Error: Cannot create emporary files"
DarkoD13: In case it's not clear, the problems I mention happen when trying to run the game outside steam (after deleting the steam_api, since leaving that led to the propmpt to enter your steam credentials).
"Error: Couldn't resolve command "com.vapgames.SteamExt.create()'!
And on the game screen itself, "Error: Cannot create emporary files"
Can you try renaming the Steam.exe and not deleting the steam_api.dll? Maybe the game uses the steam_api.dll to do some things and when it's missing, it crashes in this way.
If you can test it on another PC without Steam I'd be curious if deleting the steam_api.dll fixes or breaks the game.
cmdr_flashheart: Original War added.

edit: and I don't know why Steam says Win 8 is not supported, it's working for me.
That just means they won't troubleshoot it, just like newer DX9 games that don't "support" WinXP. The games still work.