It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timbog: Why is Hunted the Demon,s Forge not on the list?
cmdr_flashheart: Is that your crafty way of saying that its DRM-free :p I'll add it in a bit :]

realkman666:
cmdr_flashheart: Awesooome! Let me know what OS.
Windows 7 Home, 64-bit

I guess the Steamworks features are not enabled yet or something.
Can anyone confirm if You Have to Win the Game is DRM-free on Steam? The game's EULA says they wouldn't add any new DRM to this game before you install it.
jcoa: Can anyone confirm if You Have to Win the Game is DRM-free on Steam? The game's EULA says they wouldn't add any new DRM to this game before you install it.
The free game you can get from his site?
jcoa: Can anyone confirm if You Have to Win the Game is DRM-free on Steam? The game's EULA says they wouldn't add any new DRM to this game before you install it.
realkman666: The free game you can get from his site?
Yeah, though I don't know if the cat DLC and remixed levels are available outside Steam.
realkman666: The free game you can get from his site?
jcoa: Yeah, though I don't know if the cat DLC and remixed levels are available outside Steam.
Aaaah.
realkman666: I bought the Steamworks version of Sir, you are being hunted with refund money somewhere else, and it launches fully without Steam.
Without Steam installed?
realkman666: I bought the Steamworks version of Sir, you are being hunted with refund money somewhere else, and it launches fully without Steam.
Kristian: Without Steam installed?
It uses Steam to download, but after that the game runs by itself without Steam.
Kristian: Without Steam installed?
realkman666: It uses Steam to download, but after that the game runs by itself without Steam.
Does it run without Steam running in the background or without Steam installed at all?
realkman666: It uses Steam to download, but after that the game runs by itself without Steam.
Kristian: Does it run without Steam running in the background or without Steam installed at all?
I don't really feel like uninstalling Steam, but it's certainly not running.
Kristian: Does it run without Steam running in the background or without Steam installed at all?
realkman666: I don't really feel like uninstalling Steam, but it's certainly not running.
Uninstalling Steam is not required to meet the criteria. Good job on testing, thanks.
realkman666: I don't really feel like uninstalling Steam, but it's certainly not running.
StingingVelvet: Uninstalling Steam is not required to meet the criteria. Good job on testing, thanks.
As far as I can tell there is nothing stopping a game from calling DRM routines in Steam related DLL's wihout launching the actual Steam client.
StingingVelvet: Uninstalling Steam is not required to meet the criteria. Good job on testing, thanks.
Kristian: As far as I can tell there is nothing stopping a game from calling DRM routines in Steam related DLL's wihout launching the actual Steam client.
That's what I got from your questions, but I've never heard of an occurrence of this.
Yes, it's fantasy.
Added KAMI and Zigfrak.

Also, I added this to the Trivia section since it worked for a bunch of games I tried:

Q: How do you determine if a game is Launcher-free on Steam?
A: Simple: install the game and launch it once (this step is important, because this finalises the installation). Shut down Steam and temporarily move all the files in the root Steam folder somewhere else. Locate game folder, locate the .exe, run it. Either you get an error message (or it does nothing at all), or the game just runs. If it just runs, it is Launcher-free.

[WHAT I ADDED]

Q: I did that, but it still won't work.
A: Delete steam_api.dll and SteamworksNative.dll, if present, from that game's folder.

[/WHAT I ADDED]

http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
Post edited May 08, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
cmdr_flashheart: Added KAMI and Zigfrak.

Also, I added this to the Trivia section since it worked for a bunch of games I tried:

Q: How do you determine if a game is Launcher-free on Steam?
A: Simple: install the game and launch it once (this step is important, because this finalises the installation). Shut down Steam and temporarily move all the files in the root Steam folder somewhere else. Locate game folder, locate the .exe, run it. Either you get an error message (or it does nothing at all), or the game just runs. If it just runs, it is Launcher-free.

[WHAT I ADDED]
Q: I did that, but it still won't work
A: Delete steam_api.dll and SteamworksNative.dll if present.
[/WHAT I ADDED]

http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
For added bonus, don't even launch the game once, see if it works anyway. Neccesary runtimes (.NET, DirectX, ...) should have installers in the game's folder, if the game fails to launch and they alone don't help, and running once through Steam itself is needed, I'm not sure I'd consider the game DRM free.
Post edited May 08, 2014 by Maighstir