It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shmerl: But here is something developers can actually use right now:
http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/03/20/opengl-gdc2014/
I would like to see it used more, including for Windows too.
Post edited March 27, 2014 by JohnnyDollar
Interview With The Developer Of ROCCAT's Open Source Gaming Hardware Drivers For Linux. I found this to be an interesting read, especially as many still don't know that at least ROCCAT provides support for gaming peripherals on Linux, and with open source drivers at that!
Future_Suture: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/interview-with-stefan-achatz-developer-of-roccat-gaming-hardware-drivers-for-linux.3350]Interview With The Developer Of ROCCAT's Open Source Gaming Hardware Drivers For Linux.
Interesting. I've never even heard of ROCCAT before.
If you are interested in Age of Wonders III for Linux, please leave your comment.
Post edited March 31, 2014 by shmerl
I've occassionaly heard about Roccat before but never had a closer look.
They should really be more vocal about their Linux support.

Anyways, my next mouse and keyboard might be from Roccat then.
Freakgs: I've occassionaly heard about Roccat before but never had a closer look.
They should really be more vocal about their Linux support.

Anyways, my next mouse and keyboard might be from Roccat then.
Regarding the mouse, I may do the same thing when my Logitech G3 dies since, last I checked, Logitech only had the features I wanted if I was willing to compromise and go wireless.

Aside from that, their product lines don't seem to be focused in my direction. I used to have an RK-9000I because it's got Cherry MX Blue switches, feels solid enough to be used as a weapon, and I managed to get it on sale.

(I'm not big on bling, if I need macros, I've redefined Caps Lock as the little-known Hyper modifier (, [url=https://github.com/ssokolow/profile/blob/master/home/.xmodmaprc]2) and, if I need an LCD (or an LED bar graph) on my desk, that's what cheap Arduino Leonardo clones and eBay (, [url=http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=lcd+keypad+shield+-boost&_ipg=200&_stpos=L0K+1N0&LH_BIN=1&_sop=15&_localstpos=L0K+1N0&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_mPrRngCbx=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xhd44780+arduino&_nkw=hd44780+arduino&_sacat=0]2) are for. (or one of several ready-built USB solutions with Linux support, available on eBay for around $50))

...however, if anyone knows where I could get an older model Unicomp Ultra Classic 104-key with Buckling Springs from before they swapped the positions of the right Alt and Windows keys (and changed the sizes so the keycaps weren't interchangeable), please let me know. (Basically, I want an IBM Model M in a 104-key layout)
What distros of linux do you intend on supporting?

SteamOS and Ubuntu seem like popular ones :)
HeadClot: What distros of linux do you intend on supporting?

SteamOS and Ubuntu seem like popular ones :)
The press release mentions Ubuntu mainly.
Read the announcement. It's Mint and Ubuntu. What's popular is very arguable since there is no easy way to measure it.
Post edited May 01, 2014 by shmerl
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is out for Linux!
Unfortunately I have the version from GoG... but then again, they *did* port it to my favorite platform so I guess 4 EUR isn't too much for the service.
silviucc: Unfortunately I have the version from GoG... but then again, they *did* port it to my favorite platform so I guess 4 EUR isn't too much for the service.
I bet we will get the Linux version as soon as GOG launches their Linux support. Would be cool if they would add it to our accounts as a small little head start on Linux support here.
Where can one get the DRM-free version before GOG will roll out Linux support?

GOG folks, may be you can add it as an add-on to the Witcher 2 for now?
Post edited May 22, 2014 by shmerl
I would prefer they actually downloaded and tried the game to give feedback on it before getting everyone excited about it. I'm tempted by the sale but want to know more about how well it's working. Also curious about if we will get it when our Linux support rolls out. I can wait a few if that is the case.
gooberking: I would prefer they actually downloaded and tried the game to give feedback on it before getting everyone excited about it. I'm tempted by the sale but want to know more about how well it's working. Also curious about if we will get it when our Linux support rolls out. I can wait a few if that is the case.
That means that GOL would miss out on breaking the news while all other news websites would break the news anyway. A review can always be done later. Someone at GOL is allegedly working on a video review already so sit tight.