It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Linux Mint 19.2 was released late last week with a lot of nice improvements and my beginner's guide for it was updated on Monday, so I think it's time for a small giveaway :) All games in this giveaway are GOG games and run on Linux either natively or via my Wine wrappers.

Once again I would like to encourage anyone who's interested to take a look at my guide and perhaps consider trying Linux Mint. It's a great time to use Linux; it's easier to use and better supported than ever, with more & more games now coming to Linux. And as the Linux userbase grows so too does the incentive for hardware manufacturers and developers to support it, leading to even better support as time goes on.

And for those still holding out on Windows 7, there are less than six months until extended support ends and if you don't want to be forced onto Windows 10 it would be better to start looking into Linux sooner rather than later, so that you can learn and ease into it at your own pace rather than end up being rushed into it.

So, for anyone curious about Linux I invite you to take a look at the guide and consider trying it: Adamhm's Linux Mint Beginner's Guide/post1

The prize list for this giveaway is:

> ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game
> Dust: An Elysian Tail
> The Expression Amrilato (thanks to Clarry for donating the key for this)
> Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Collection
> Ruiner
> The Original Strife: Veteran Edition
> SWAT 4 Gold Edition
> TRI: Of Friendship and Madness

To enter, simply post here listing what you're entering for in order of preference. Using/trying Linux is encouraged but not a requirement for entering the giveaway.

This part of the giveaway will run until Wednesday 14th August at 20:00 UTC. Due to problems with downrepping in previous giveaways, the winners will not be publicly revealed unless they decide to do so themselves. Also make sure that your chat settings are correct; if they are not set to allow conversations with all other users then your entry will not be counted as I will be unable to send the key if you win anything.

Rules:
- No rep requirement but I reserve the right to disqualify entries at my discretion.
- If your chat settings will not allow me to contact you then your entry will be disqualified.
- Winners will be selected randomly after the giveaway ends.
- Each winner will receive one prize - whichever of the remaining prizes is their most preferred.
- Please only enter for games that you don't already have.
- Please only enter for games that your system can run.
- Please only enter for games that you're interested in, intend to play & won't just let rot in a backlog.
- Keys are for your own use only/not to be traded (except for leftovers/duplicates from multi-game keys which may be re-gifted but not traded)
- Anything not redeemed within one week after being awarded may be given to another entrant or reused for a future giveaway.
Post edited August 07, 2019 by adamhm
Not in but +1 for your generosity and work for the community. Appreciate.
adamhm: It's a great time to use Linux; it's easier to use and better supported than ever, with more & more games now coming to Linux.
Well, Not on GOG it's not, apparently. You can't get Linux editions added for their 1st party games, and most new releases with Linux versions elsewhere don't bring those here. It really sucks being stuck with Windows for many games, even if WINE will let them run. I just feel native support is the way to go and these devs/GOG themselves don't want to invest the energy.
+1 for this. I've been dual-booting Mint and W7 for a while. Linux has come a long way from those old versions of SuSe I gave up on years ago. Only thing that concerns me is Ubuntu based distro's potentially losing 32-bit support though I think they have a backup plan with LMDE if that happens.

I'd just like to be in for The Original Strife: Veteran Edition. (I take it that it will run natively under GZDoom)?
Not in, but two thumbs up for bringing attention to Linux Mint 19.2 with a giveaway of great games.
I'd like to be in for

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Collection
and
SWAT 4 Gold Edition.

Thanks a lot for the giveaway and promotion of Linux Mint.
Thanks for your Linux Mint giveaway!
No, wait a second..
Lul I'm not in, but +1

Btw, speaking more seriously, I'm sad that Mint will stop supporting 32 bits applications like Ubuntu.
If games start breaking, I'll have to look for another distro when I'll switch away from Win7. :\
thanks for a giveaway!
In for (from most to less wished):
- Ruiner
- The Expression Amrilato
- Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Collection
- Dust: An Elysian Tail
- ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game

And since its a thread about linux anyway, I will try to ask people - does anybody else use bubblewrap for sandboxing? If yes - can you please share some of your rules to use as a reference (maybe in PM, to avoid theme's derailing)? I've tried to set it up for games based on archwiki's guide, but I probably miss something, coz everything falls apart unless I mount my whole root as read-only (while Im trying to only do so for necessary folders like /usr/lib or /usr/bin)
phaolo: If games start breaking, I'll have to look for another distro when I'll switch away from Win7. :\
Nothing is written in stone yet, young grasshopper. Also, Mint 19.2 has support for 5 years, another wild version of Mint with support for 32 bit might appear in the tall grass during that time period.
Post edited August 07, 2019 by user deleted
phaolo: Btw, speaking more seriously, I'm sad that Mint will stop supporting 32 bits applications like Ubuntu.
The Mint team have no plans to drop support for 32-bit libraries/software
Hi! Thanks for the giveaway! I would be interested in :
— Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Collection
— ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game

I'm replaying wither 1 with your wine wrap. I'm also using your gogwrap since your released it! (thanks for this, nice and clean solution!)
I'm looking forward to the new update with proton 4.11-1!
Much appreciated! :)
Post edited August 07, 2019 by miki.yamato.92
+1 for being generous, and great work on Linux support!

I'm in, and I'd like to be just be in for -

ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game
+1 and cudos for promoting Windows alternatives.

I'd like to be in for

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Collection
and
SWAT 4 Gold Edition.
Thanks! I'm in for:
Dust
TRI
Swat 4
Atom RPG
Post edited August 07, 2019 by servobeupstry
Hello,

Thank you for this wonderful Giveaway, and thank you for reminder about release of the new Linux Mint. I must check this out soon :)

I would like to in for one of them:
> ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game
> TRI: Of Friendship and Madness
> Ruiner
> Dust: An Elysian Tail