It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sude: I would be interested in backtrace from debug build
lgogdownloader also crashes with --threads 1 if that helps:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): Type is not convertible to string

[long log removed]
Post edited October 25, 2017 by eiii
eiii: ...
I still can't see anything in the backtrace that would help :(
std::runtime_error combined with "Type is not convertible to string" could indicate issue with some asString() call of jsoncpp

Apply this patch: https://sites.google.com/site/gogdownloader/eiii_update_cache_debug.diff
and then run
./lgogdownloader --update-cache --threads 1 --progress-interval 100

It is going to be slow because the patch adds 200ms wait after each asString() call
I'm interested in the messages which have [DEBUG] prefix
Sude: I'm interested in the messages which have [DEBUG] prefix
Only the lines with '[DEBUG]', right? I hope I haven't filtered out too much because of the ESC sequences in the messages. And I have limited the downloaded games to 10 in Website::getGames() to not always query my whole library from GOG. lgogdownloader still crashes before reaching the 10 games limit, so I hope this doesn't harm anything.

The forum does not let me post the log, probably because of the '[DEBUG]' strings, so it's here.
eiii: Only the lines with '[DEBUG]', right? I hope I haven't filtered out too much because of the ESC sequences in the messages. And I have limited the downloaded games to 10 in Website::getGames() to not always query my whole library from GOG. lgogdownloader still crashes before reaching the 10 games limit, so I hope this doesn't harm anything.

The forum does not let me post the log, probably because of the '[DEBUG]' strings, so it's here.
The log cuts off just before the file size for en1installer8 of "A New Beginning: Final Cut"
So it seems like it crashes at trying to get file size for it.

Does this cause a crash
./lgogdownloader --include i --language en --platform w --list-details --game a_new_beginning
Sude: The log cuts off just before the file size for en1installer8 of "A New Beginning: Final Cut"
So it seems like it crashes at trying to get file size for it.

Does this cause a crash
./lgogdownloader --include i --language en --platform w --list-details --game a_new_beginning
Yes. :) And not for the other games it downloads before this one.

Edit: And it crashes for all games with a large installer, perhaps for all installers or files larger than 2^31 bytes?

Edit 2: The old, pre-Galaxy lgogdownloader reports file sizes in KB. The current lgogdownloader reports file sizes in bytes. When these are the raw numbers from the API then the old API reports sizes in KB while the Galaxy API reports them in bytes (and thus lgogdownloader may hit a signed int limit for some files now). But why does it crash only for me?
Post edited October 11, 2017 by eiii
eiii: Yes. :) And not for the other games it downloads before this one.

Edit: And it crashes for all games with a large installer, perhaps for all installers or files larger than 2^31 bytes?

Edit 2: The old, pre-Galaxy lgogdownloader reports file sizes in KB. The current lgogdownloader reports file sizes in bytes. When these are the raw numbers from the API then the old API reports sizes in KB while the Galaxy API reports them in bytes (and thus lgogdownloader may hit a signed int limit for some files now). But why does it crash only for me?
Apply this patch
https://sites.google.com/site/gogdownloader/json_int_as_string.diff
and then run

The downloader shouldn't crash with this patch.
Does it report file size correctly for en1installer8? The size should be 3774873600.
Post edited October 11, 2017 by Sude
Sude: The downloader shouldn't crash with this patch.
Does it report file size correctly for en1installer8? The size should be 3774873600.
The downloader does not crash and it reports the correct file size with this patch. :) Thanks!
So the problem is a limitation in my jsoncpp library which your patch works around?

Working with the new lgogdownloader now I see that it uses GOG's default locale for my region (German), while the old, non-Galaxy downloader uses English. The new downloader e.g. reports "name: Handbuch (English)" or "name: Hintergrundbild" while the old one reports "name: manual (English)" and "name: wallpaper". Is there any way to set the locale for the new downloader back to English?

Edit: I've upgraded my jsoncpp library to a newer, backported version. And now lgogdownloader does not crash anymore and works as expected even without your patch. Obviously this limitation has been fixed in the newer jsoncpp library. A big sorry and thanks for your help to locate the problem! So you might not even have to change anything in lgogdownloader if nobody else has this problem.
Post edited October 11, 2017 by eiii
eiii: Working with the new lgogdownloader now I see that it uses GOG's default locale for my region (German), while the old, non-Galaxy downloader uses English. The new downloader e.g. reports "name: Handbuch (English)" or "name: Hintergrundbild" while the old one reports "name: manual (English)" and "name: wallpaper". Is there any way to set the locale for the new downloader back to English?
b0a90f6 Galaxy: Use en-US locale for product info

257946d Workaround for crash with older version of jsoncpp
Sude: b0a90f6 Galaxy: Use en-US locale for product info
Fast as always. :) Thank you!

PS: It's sad to see that the file sizes reported by the Galaxy API are not as exact as I thought. In the opposite, despite being reported in bytes, they are even more inaccurate than those reported by the old API. All of them seem to be a multiple of full megabytes...
Post edited October 12, 2017 by eiii
Can somebody confirm that lgogdownloader-3.2 works fine with rhash-1.3.5?
Using lgogdownloader 3.2.8191b9d with rhash 1.3.4 (on CentOS 7), seems to work fine.
sbolokanov: Can somebody confirm that lgogdownloader-3.2 works fine with rhash-1.3.5?
The changelog for 1.3.5 doesn't have any major changes to librhash so the update shouldn't affect anything that lgogdownloader uses it for.
I'm using rhash 1.3.5 on Arch and everything seems to be working fine.
high rated
LGOGDownloader 3.3
- Updated url for login check
- Added support for new language: Ukrainian
- Added support for new language: Spanish (Latin American)
- Added option to select platform architecture for Galaxy
* Allows selecting platform architecture with "--galaxy-arch" when "osBitness" is set for depot in API response
- Check for orphaned files after installing a game with --galaxy-install
- Preserve timestamps for downloaded files
* Get timestamps from server for all downloaded files and set the last modified date to that
* Retroactively changes timestamps for previously downloaded files that have different timestamp
* Retroactively changing timestamps doesn't work for files downloaded with --galaxy-install
- Fixed help text for --subdir-installers
- Added option to set user agent
- Expose Galaxy options as experimental options in help text
- Added option to set interval for progress bar update
- Added retry limit for failed chunk repairs
* Fixes infinite loop caused by failed chunk repair
- Get game details using Galaxy API
* Most features now use Galaxy API and should work without having valid downloader API login
* --download-file still uses the old API and will not work without valid API login
* --update-check option also uses the old API and thus requires valid API login to work properly
- Game details cache version is incremented because of changes to gameFile class
- Show product id for DLCs when using --list-details option
- Fixed serials containing <br> tags
- Fixed crash when using old version of jsoncpp and trying to get unsigned int value as string

https://sites.google.com/site/gogdownloader/lgogdownloader-3.3.tar.gz

sha256: 8bb7a37b48f558bddeb662ebac32796b0ae11fa2cc57a03d48b3944198e800ce
md5: a8e1a095ee39b5de884f7c83cb9642d1
Hi, I just started using LGOGDownloader (new high-speed internet connection so I can actually download all my games) and have a few questions. I am currently running a --download with --use-cache after doing a --update-cache. So my first question is if I stop the program with ^C, when I start it up again, will it pick up where it left off, or is there some other option for this? Second, I set my config to --include "all" and --exclude "", but I don't see the covers in the game directories. If I check my config.cfg, I see include = all, and no exclude = line. And cover-list is set to the default.
cover-list = https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Sude-/lgogdownloader-lists/master/covers.xml
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! (BTW, on the d's of 1800 games, I wonder how much disk space this is going to take!)
If you stop the program and then start it again later, it will try to redownload all the games, but it will not redownload data that already exists, so completed files will be skipped. I don't think the cache options affect this- those just control whether it rechecks what games you own.

Not sure about the include/exclude options...

Also, I have about 250 games that take about 600 GB, so 1800 games would probably be about 4.2 TB.