It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sude, i found out that you'vve added "size-only" with 3251e9c

thanks a lot for adding this :)

if you have some spare time, can you tell if these patches https://bitbucket.org/darktjm/gamesup/src/master/lgogdownloader/ from darktjm still needed to apply?
franky-boy: Sude, i found out that you'vve added "size-only" with 3251e9c

thanks a lot for adding this :)

if you have some spare time, can you tell if these patches https://bitbucket.org/darktjm/gamesup/src/master/lgogdownloader/ from darktjm still needed to apply?
I have not updated those patches to the latest changes. The nosort patch most likely doesn't work any more with the tag support, and the quickcheck patch is invasive, so any code changes need to be taken into account. I was waiting to take the time needed to clean up and submit the patches as pull requests for a reasonable net connection and ability to work on my stuff for longer periods of time like I was able to before the COVID panic. Even though that happened, sort of, due to some other changes, keeping up with lgogdownloader has moved way down my priority list. I have projects I want to finish before I die. Maybe I'll work on it again later.

If you want the features supported by these patches, feel free to post them as issues on lgogdownloader. In the mean time, I continue to use all of them. The only one of dubious value is the nosigpipe patch, even though my situation has changed to where I no longer have limited internet, I still don't want to waste my time double-downloading cache info or trial downloading every single game in my library, which the fastupdate and quickcheck patches do for me, and I don't like my sort order changed every time I download updates, which the nosort patch fixes.
Will this also download the Windows offline installers, or just the linux installers if available?
eisberg77: Will this also download the Windows offline installers, or just the linux installers if available?
The default for --platform is "w+l" so it will download Windows and Linux installers
You can use --platform "l,w" if you want to download Windows installers only if Linux installers aren't available
@Sude how did you get to the gog api calls?
This thing doesn't use the system proxy at all so watching the official client at work and copy the behaviour.
trigonometrie: @Sude how did you get to the gog api calls?
This thing doesn't use the system proxy at all so watching the official client at work and copy the behaviour.
I used mitmproxy
and Proxifier to observe the requests and responses that Galaxy did when it initiated download.
Then with some guessing, trial and error I tried to replicate it using my own code.

Yepoleb had also been reverse engineering the API at the same time and wrote some documentation about it so I used that documentation to fill in the gaps that I still had.
https://gogapidocs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

I haven't tested if this still works but this was how I observed what Galaxy did
Run mitmproxy
On first run mitmproxy creates its ssl certificates, make a copy of mitmproxy-ca-cert.pem
Replace Galaxy's root certificate at C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists\rootCA.pem with the one mitmproxy created (mitmproxy-ca-cert.pem)
Make Galaxy go through mitmproxy using Proxifier
Run Galaxy and look for interesting requests/responses at localhost:8081

edit: I really hate how GOG forum handles links, can't have 2 links on the same line or everything breaks
Post edited December 07, 2021 by Sude
When i redirect everything but the proxy-tool itself and start Mafia, both the game and the galaxy client crash after a while.
Any idea why?
Sude: edit: I really hate how GOG forum handles links, can't have 2 links on the same line or everything breaks
Put the URLs into quotes, then it works.
hello everyone, i would like to download game called "gothic" but always i have
"Select product:
0: gothic
1: gothic_2_gold_edition"

how can i avoid "Select product option" ? (and choose only default one)

my whole command is :

lgogdownloader --repair --download --game='^gothic$' --download-file=gothic/6353 --language=en --directory=/mnt/test/
Post edited January 05, 2022 by braf_krk
braf_krk: hello everyone, i would like to download game called "gothic" but always i have
"Select product:
0: gothic
1: gothic_2_gold_edition"

how can i avoid "Select product option" ? (and choose only default one)

my whole command is :

lgogdownloader --repair --download --game='^gothic$' --download-file=gothic/6353 --language=en --directory=/mnt/test/
I don't know if combining --download and --download-file is supposed to work. But either:
lgogdownloader --download --game='^gothic$'
or
lgogdownloader --download-file='^gothic$/en1installer0,^gothic$/en1installer1
should work.

(or lgogdownloader --download-file='^gothic$/6353' in case you actually want to download the soundtrack)
Post edited January 06, 2022 by eiii
I just put lgogdownloader in a docker image (with Alpine Linux), which nets about 80 MB ready to go.

https://github.com/shakeyourbunny/lgogdownloader-docker

Perhaps somebody might find this useful, also as base for something else. Feel free to do so, as long you give proper credit :)
high rated
LGOGDownloader 3.9
- Don't use DLC list by default
* Makes getting game details much faster
* Added option --use-dlc-list to enable using DLC list
- Ignore SIGPIPE
* Previously it was possible to receive SIGPIPE in some cases which by default causes application to terminate
- Removed support for OpenSSL <= 1.0.2
- Added --size-only option (Patch by: Dmitry Khalanskiy)
* When looking at the existing files, completely ignore the contents if the size matches the expected one
- Added basic support for filtering games using tags that the user can set on account page
- Added option --list-tags to list all the tags user has assigned
- Added option --tag to filter games using the tags
- Fixed --download-file option not showing progress bar
- Fixed getting XML data
- Reduced the amount of request to cdn with --galaxy-install
* Should fix the issue of getting temporarily blocked by GOG cdn when installing game with lots of small files

https://github.com/Sude-/lgogdownloader/releases/download/v3.9/lgogdownloader-3.9.tar.gz

sha256: d0b3b6198e687f811294abb887257c5c28396b5af74c7f3843347bf08c68e3d0
md5: 54fbe1b8df449dd422946d0fa4db83c7
Quite a few people only rely on the official client being run in wine and lutris because every open source client is lacking the ability to sync savegames over cloud storage.
This is something we should look into as it is the only thing that still makes the official galaxy client irreplaceable.
Post edited February 20, 2022 by trigonometrie
I may have asked about this before... but in case you have a local library of GOG offline installers downloaded with gogrepo, how "compatible" is it with lgogdownloader, in case you switch to using lgogdownloader?

Does lgogdownloader download to a similar directory structure as gogrepo, placing each game's files under similarly named subdirectories? I recall lgogdownloader at least places extras differently, so is it then that in the worst case all extras need to be redownloaded (unless one moves them to a separate subdirectory manually for each game)?

Does lgogdownloader recognize that this and that games/files have already been downloaded and are present, even if they were not downloaded with lgogdownloader?

I am now thinking of moving to lgogdownloader as my plan B, as the development of this tool seems to be considerably more active than gogrepo, and it appears now gogrepo may have issues fetching game details, someone has reported that GOG starts blocking them after a certain amount of requests... Luckily I am using Linux too so running the tool in Windows is not a requirement for me.

And just to be clear: I am only interested in downloading the offline installers and extras (mostly just English Windows versions). I don't need to nor want to download "galaxy installers" or "cloud saves" or whatever they are, no idea why I'd want to do that with an unofficial tool anyway.
Post edited February 21, 2022 by timppu
timppu: I may have asked about this before... but in case you have a local library of GOG offline installers downloaded with gogrepo, how "compatible" is it with lgogdownloader, in case you switch to using lgogdownloader?

Does lgogdownloader download to a similar directory structure as gogrepo, placing each game's files under similarly named subdirectories? I recall lgogdownloader at least places extras differently, so is it then that in the worst case all extras need to be redownloaded (unless one moves them to a separate subdirectory manually for each game)?
The directory structure is set using various --subdir-* options.
Default options:
--subdir-installers ""
--subdir-extras "extras"
--subdir-patches "patches"
--subdir-language-packs "languagepacks"
--subdir-dlc "dlc/%dlcname%
--subdir-game "%gamename%"

Templates:
%platform% --> platform string (windows/linux/mac)
%gamename% --> name of the game
%gamename_firstletter% --> first letter of %gamename%
%dlcname% --> %gamename% of dlc

Default values result in directory structure that is something like this

gamename
├── dlc
│___└── dlcname
│_______├── extras
│_______│___└── dlc_extra.zip
│_______├── patches
│_______│___└── dlc_patch.exe
│_______└── dlc_installer.exe
├── extras
│___├── extra1.zip
│___└── extra2.zip
├── languagepacks
│___└── languagepack1.exe
├── patches
│___└── patch1.exe
├── linux_installer.sh
├── mac_installer.pkg
└── windows_installer.exe
timppu: Does lgogdownloader recognize that this and that games/files have already been downloaded and are present, even if they were not downloaded with lgogdownloader?
If the files are present in directory structure that matches what is set using --subdir-* options then lgogdownloader doesn't care how the files were originally placed there and will treat them as if they were downloaded with lgogdownloader
There are some exceptions to this:
1. It's not possible to use --repair --no-remote-xml before XML data is for the games is cached. lgogdownloader will try to get the XML data and save it automatically when trying to download a file so --no-remote-xml option should start working after the first run with --download
2. Using --repair with extras is not possible unless XML data is created for them first
Post edited February 21, 2022 by Sude