It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Could there be another way of ordering the segment "topics you've particpated in"? Not according to when you were active in them, but according to when they were last active in general, making the order more actually relevant.

Oh and, but that's a minor thing, the possibility to quote yourself would also be nice!
Post edited May 19, 2014 by grimgroove
cmdr_flashheart: edit: to clarify, the grievance is that if someone wants to read cool things, they want to be able to find those threads. Giveaways threads are only useful for people taking part in them, and don't really apply to the general audience.
No and you should have read my post. It was especially about people who believe this.
cmdr_flashheart: edit: to clarify, the grievance is that if someone wants to read cool things, they want to be able to find those threads. Giveaways threads are only useful for people taking part in them, and don't really apply to the general audience.
Telika: No and you should have read my post. It was especially about people who believe this.
I did read it, but I don't see why you're so intent on forcing others to behave like yourself.

People are just asking for a convenient way to sort reading topics, that's all.
Post edited May 19, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
Telika:
cmdr_flashheart: I did read it, but I don't see why you're so intent on forcing others to behave like yourself.
In all fairness so are you.
cmdr_flashheart: I did read it, but I don't see why you're so intent on forcing others to behave like yourself.
tinyE: In all fairness so are you.
How?
cmdr_flashheart: People are just asking for a convenient way to sort reading topics, that's all.
You are still missing the point of you defining two opposed categories which frontier pass right through many threads. The threads that do not fit in your classification of being EITHER giveaways OR "content/discussion".

Also you are the one forcing people to write their thread's titles as you want them to.
Post edited May 19, 2014 by Telika
tinyE: In all fairness so are you.
cmdr_flashheart: How?
He wants the thread titles to be handled one way therefore he wants it a certain way.
You want it the thread titles handled a different way therefor you want it a certain way.
You both want both want it your way.
cmdr_flashheart: People are just asking for a convenient way to sort reading topics, that's all.
Telika: You are still missing the point of you defining two opposed categories which frontier pass right through many threads.

Also you are the one forcing people to write their thread's titles as you want them to.
Okay, don't do it, then. Let's see what happens.

And dude, please understand that not everyone cares about giveaway threads. Why are you so concerned with what other people see or don't see?

Or maybe there should be an ignore thread option- no need for filters or subforums, then.
tinyE: He wants the thread titles to be handled one way therefore he wants it a certain way.
You want it the thread titles handled a different way therefor you want it a certain way.
Yup, except my way is "as the thread makers prefers". I'm not crusading for that word to be removed from the titles, while he is crusading for that word to be inserted in them.
tinyE: He wants the thread titles to be handled one way therefore he wants it a certain way.
Telika: Yup, except my way is "as the thread makers prefers". I'm not crusading for that word to be removed from the titles, while he is crusading for that word to be inserted in them.
I agree and that's why I interrupted. If you were the only one who felt the way you do I would have left it alone but (and without conducting a survey :P) it would seem you do speak for the majority here.
cmdr_flashheart: And dude, please understand that not everyone cares about giveaway threads. Why are you so concerned with what other people see or don't see?
Have you read one of my former posts ?

I'll try to re-phrase it differently.

1) Some threads asking general questions, threads about sharing opinions, knowledge, etc, do ALSO include a giveaway. These threads are failures if they get, because of that included giveaway, hidden from a large portion of the forum population. And such threads may or may have not the word giveaway somewhere in their title.

2) I do not care about giveaways, and yet I am not devastated when I see several on the front page, and thus, I find it extremely ridiculous and whiny to a) go out of one's way, b) demand OTHERS to go out of their way, in order to not have to notice them.

"I am not interested in them" is not enough of a reason, in my eyes, to justify this. If I had the same mentality, I would be spamming 9/10th of this forum's threads with "HOW DARE YOU NO WARN ME IN YOUR THREAD TITLE THAT I WOULD NOT FIND YOUR THREAD INTERESTING".
Post edited May 19, 2014 by Telika
Okay, wait. I wasn't part of the lot of people who wanted a giveaway filter, I don't think I was even here at that time (I might have been, I don't remember). But as far as I understand, the filter makes people's navigation of the forum more convenient. It does for me as well, honestly, so I quite like it.

The way I see it is if we go the no-filter way, then people complain. So, the reason why people are using the filter now is to prevent the complaining. I don't see how doing something to prevent complaints is forcing something- if you don't do it, then just deal with the consequences.

Telika:
1) That's all fine, but still doesn't explain why it should be mandatory for anyone to view the topic.

2) So you're implying that you don't care about sorting your reading topics? Okay, good for you. But where does that leave others who do want to do that.

Oh ffs, "I am not interested" is enough of a reason. What, people should submit a petition when ignoring a thread? Get it signed by others to validate their decision? Ridiculous.

At this point, I like the ignore thread option a lot. I think it's a nice compromise for everyone who cares.

tinyE:
Yeah, I let it go when I see someone didn't use the filter. But it has only happened 2-3 times in recent memory, and that's not enough to make reading stuff inconvenient for me. Everyone should just be considerate of each other.
As I'm getting used to the forum the biggest issue for me is that it is not mobile device friendly. When I make a post the window for posting does not go away, although the message is posted.

But the bigger issue is the drop down menus don't work with my Google Nexus 7. I can't see any pm's at all. The only choice I get is to see my games. I use my mobile device a lot when I'm away from home.
cmdr_flashheart: Okay, wait. I wasn't part of the lot of people who wanted a giveaway filter, I don't think I was even here at that time. But as far as I understand, the filter makes people's navigation of the forum more convenient. It does for me as well, honestly, so I quite like it.

The way I see it is if we go the no-filter way, then people complain. So, the reason why people are using the filter now is to prevent the complaining. I don't see how doing something to prevent complaints is forcing something- if you don't do it, then just deal with the consequences.
Honestly I don't care about a filter, life is too short, the only thing regarding this subject that has irked me is people going out of their way to chew others out for not putting the word "giveaway" in the thread title. Shit, they come off like hall monitors and NO ONE likes hall monitors! Why do you think Freddie turned himself into one in the 1st Elm Street movie!? Because it made him all the more evil!
cmdr_flashheart: Okay, wait. I wasn't part of the lot of people who wanted a giveaway filter, I don't think I was even here at that time. But as far as I understand, the filter makes people's navigation of the forum more convenient. It does for me as well, honestly, so I quite like it.

tinyE: Honestly I don't care about a filter, life is too short, the only thing regarding this subject that has irked me is people going out of their way to chew others out for not putting the word "giveaway" in the thread title. Shit, they come off like hall monitors and NO ONE likes hall monitors! Why do you think Freddie turned himself into one in the 1st Elm Street movie!? Because it made him all the more evil!
This alone is a good reason to have a giveaway forum. It is so prevalent here that I think it deserves its own section. I'm new but it seems about half the topics are about giveaways. IMO it would organize the board a little better, at the least.