It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

[...] rep is meaningless, especially since the GOG lords are doing away with this broken system.
Source?

[...] rep is meaningless, especially since the GOG lords are doing away with this broken system.
HypersomniacLive: Source?
This guy.
Attachments:
source.jpg (48 Kb)
HypersomniacLive: Source?
tinyE: This guy.
Quite convincing. I'm siding with the epileptic star guy.
Post edited April 30, 2014 by Soccorro
Not really a forum thing, but an annoying website issue. A few months ago, I lost the ability to search via my catalog of games. It doesn't filter my collection at all. This quit working during a big promotion which was common at the time (to help handle the load as I understood) but it never started working again. I've tried in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and on 3 different sets of hardware (both Firefox and IE). Would like to do that again as its a pain to sort by name and try to find games all the time.
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but how about when I search the results are in some sort of order...newest on top, oldest to the bottom. I always see a thread that I think might be the right one and after I click the link I notice it was from 2009.

Being able to see my whole history of posts would be nice.

A nice, not must have feature, would be when I click on a thread it remembers where I left off and highlight the next unread post
Post edited May 01, 2014 by VABlitz
high rated
hucklebarry: Not really a forum thing, but an annoying website issue. A few months ago, I lost the ability to search via my catalog of games. It doesn't filter my collection at all. This quit working during a big promotion which was common at the time (to help handle the load as I understood) but it never started working again. I've tried in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and on 3 different sets of hardware (both Firefox and IE). Would like to do that again as its a pain to sort by name and try to find games all the time.
If you have a good number of games, the search seems to only work in "List Mode", not the Game Shelf. Have you tried both and got stuck?
hucklebarry: Not really a forum thing, but an annoying website issue. A few months ago, I lost the ability to search via my catalog of games. It doesn't filter my collection at all. This quit working during a big promotion which was common at the time (to help handle the load as I understood) but it never started working again. I've tried in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and on 3 different sets of hardware (both Firefox and IE). Would like to do that again as its a pain to sort by name and try to find games all the time.
HypersomniacLive: If you have a good number of games, the search seems to only work in "List Mode", not the Game Shelf. Have you tried both and got stuck?
Bravo to you! However, its bacwards for me. I have always used "List Mode". Switching to shelf causes the filter to work. Switching back to list breaks it again.

Thanks for the workaround. I still would like to see this fixed. IMHO, the site should "work" bug free before adding options. ;)
rep karma and down vote cool down

reflect whether a user gives more up votes or more down votes

the more negative the rep karma, the longer the duration on the down vote cool down
Post edited May 02, 2014 by evilnancyreagan
evilnancyreagan: rep karma and down vote cool down

the more negative the rep karma, the longer the duration on the down vote cool down
not a bad idea.
though still open to multi account abuse.
evilnancyreagan: rep karma and down vote cool down

Sachys: not a bad idea.
They are both great ideas. Being a tech idiot I have no clue how they could be handled but I'd just love to hear about GOG pulling someone aside and telling them, "You derepped 350 posts in the past half hour. STOP!"
Sachys: not a bad idea.
tinyE: They are both great ideas. Being a tech idiot I have no clue how they could be handled but I'd just love to hear about GOG pulling someone aside and telling them, "You derepped 350 posts in the past half hour. STOP!"
thats when they feed people to the gogbears... you dont wanna see the basement where they keep g-doc
On that note and I'm almost serious about this....almost.....I want an option here where GOG tells you what to play. I've been sitting here for a half hour just staring at titles unable to make my mind. :P
tinyE: On that note and I'm almost serious about this....almost.....I want an option here where GOG tells you what to play. I've been sitting here for a half hour just staring at titles unable to make my mind. :P
Throw the ones you're most interested in into a spreadsheet. Assign each a number. Head over to random.org, and let the Gods of Chance choose! Alternatively, roll 3d6/1d20/percentiles, as needed. Or a dart board, dart boards are always good.

Edit:
Also, congrats on getting your star back for the bajillionth time this week. :P
Post edited May 04, 2014 by Melhelix
tinyE: On that note and I'm almost serious about this....almost.....I want an option here where GOG tells you what to play. I've been sitting here for a half hour just staring at titles unable to make my mind. :P
Melhelix: Throw the ones you're most interested into a spreadsheet. Assign each a number. Head over to random.org, and let the Gods of Chance choose! Alternatively, roll 3d6/1d20/percentiles, as needed. Or a dart board, dart boards are always good. :P
Good idea! Of course letting animals pick is always good; put two bowls of food in front of them (each representing a different game) and whichever one they go to first you play.
tinyE:
Ha! I'm half tempted to do that next time. Although, my dog would probably just look at the food and then walk away for an hour or two. She's an odd one.