It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, I just joined so hello!

Is there somewhere I have to register first like other site to be able to post and participate on this forum.
I've done a search but couldn't find a registration page?

Thanks

RA
finningley: Hi, I just joined so hello!

Is there somewhere I have to register first like other site to be able to post and participate on this forum.
I've done a search but couldn't find a registration page?

Thanks

RA
Nope - you did fine just now! ;-D

~welcome!~
Personally, I would love to see sub-forums. It would be a great way to keep this place way more organized. I like how signatures are not supported, please keep that the way it is otherwise it takes away from the style and adds clutter.
hucklebarry: I desperately want a mod tracker. (the ability to see all mod posts without digging through pages and sub-forums).

snip
HypersomniacLive: If I understand you correctly, you can already do this. Just click on the little nut-icon with the exclamation mark in the centre that is listed at the right just in front of the "Replies" column.
That only works if you already know AND can find the thread they posted in. In my experience, A mod tracker lets you see all Mod posts like its its own forum. You can browse only mod responses with thread titles and click which ones you want to view.

Thanks for the tip, though.
DubConqueror: 1. Make the list of favourite topics foldable. Have the one with the most recent additions on top and show only 10 of them, with the rest hidden by a show more-button. The way it is now, if you have subscribed to many topics, it takes a lot of scrolling each time you visit the forum to find the rest of the topics.

2. Increase the number of topics in the list of topics you participated in.

3. Add a preview function, so you can review your own post before actually posting it.

4. Disable auto-merging of your own posts. If I make a second reply right after the previous one, instead of editing the post, it is to reply to a completely different aspect discussed in the same topic, that I want to stand out on it's own.

Explanation: If a user ignores my post for the thing being discussed not relevant to him or her, his/her eyes should be drawn to the different post in which I discuss something else which may be relevant, not read the whole irrelevant post to find something relevant down in the post.

The merging function is especially grieving if you reply to a user that experienced something awful and want to comfort him and then adding a second post with a light-hearted joke on something completely different in the topic. The comforting words get merged with the irrelevant silliness. Happens to me too often in the bitch about life in general topic.

Some good ideas posted by others that I agree with:
4. Instead of a downrep-button, create a hide-button and a report-post button, with the report-button opening a field in which you have to explain why you report, which will be forwarded to the mods.
All great ideas, especially #4.
A field that you can input the reason for making an edit to an already posted post would be nice. (Imo)

This comment would then be unobtrusively attached to the 'Post has been edited' message automatically.

Example:
Post edited 18 hours ago by SpellSword (Reason: Typo)
Post edited April 22, 2014 by SpellSword
SpellSword: A field that you can input the reason for making an edit to an already posted post would be nice. (Imo)

This comment would then be unobtrusively attached to the 'Post has been edited' message automatically.

Example:
Post edited 18 hours ago by SpellSword (Reason: Typo)
THANK YOU AND YES!!!
Every once in a while I'll post something that has already been asked or answered so I "NVM" it only to get shit form people who think I am trying to retract something offensive I wrote.
I think it would be for the best to get rid of the rep system. It creates a false seniority factor that I recently had issues with. A few high rep individuals think that they can give orders to anyone trying to contribute to the community and that is not right.
Melhelix: Oh! I forgot something!
The ability to quote from another thread- should be easy to implement and would be really, really useful. It's the difference from this:

Over in the The Word Association thread So and So said:

Blah blah blah
Melhelix: to this
Melhelix: Blah blah blah
Melhelix: -With the little arrow leading to the thread in question.
Oh this. Quite very muchy. This and search/history (and sorting of the search results).

But as for the rest, too much "what would you keep the same". I mean, I think that subforums wouldn't be a good thing (it creates subcommunities in forums), and especially no giveaway subforums (giveaways would only be address to the greedy). I think rep is okay, and if it's abused by some dude spending 5 hours dowrepping one user's post, this can be solved technically quite easily (limitating negrep, etc). I never used downrep, but I've been happy when some obvius trolls or spammers got instabadepped to oblivion. And I prefer uprepping a post than having to make a post just to state that "+1".

I have no idea what the badrep issue is, but if it's a few people abusing it, simply make people's rep affected by how many different people click on a poster's posts, and not by how many times the same person clicks on his posts.
hucklebarry: That only works if you already know AND can find the thread they posted in. In my experience, A mod tracker lets you see all Mod posts like its its own forum. You can browse only mod responses with thread titles and click which ones you want to view.

Thanks for the tip, though.
Ah, I did misunderstand you then. That's actually a useful feature I'd welcome ;-)
EnforcerSunWoo: I think it would be for the best to get rid of the rep system. It creates a false seniority factor that I recently had issues with. A few high rep individuals think that they can give orders to anyone trying to contribute to the community and that is not right.
never seen anyone do that on the forums (and im on here a lot...) - disable the neg button, keep rep system - it*is* very handy for seeing who contributes to the forum and useful in guaging trustworthiness (at high levels) for trading/classifieds.
Give me better search engine, ability to check my own post history, multiquoting, direct PMing and get rid of 10 minutes merger thing and I'll be happy man. Or woman if you would like but it would take more effort.
I'm one of the few that isn't against the downvote button but I wouldn't miss it either because people take it so damn seriously that we discuss it too much on this forum. Get rid of it so members stop wasting time whining about it.

I forgot to mention: personal customizable sub-forums.

Basically the default setting for a new account would be general discussion and nothing more so it wouldn't change anything for those that don't want to but others that want to will be able to have a "gaming only" sub-forum, off topic, giveaway as default templates but customizing one yourself should be an option too.
EnforcerSunWoo: I think it would be for the best to get rid of the rep system. It creates a false seniority factor that I recently had issues with. A few high rep individuals think that they can give orders to anyone trying to contribute to the community and that is not right.
Niggles: never seen anyone do that on the forums (and im on here a lot...) - disable the neg button, keep rep system - it*is* very handy for seeing who contributes to the forum and useful in guaging trustworthiness (at high levels) for trading/classifieds.
It was a series of isolated incidents and will most likely not happen again.
Niggles: never seen anyone do that on the forums (and im on here a lot...) - disable the neg button, keep rep system - it*is* very handy for seeing who contributes to the forum and useful in guaging trustworthiness (at high levels) for trading/classifieds.
EnforcerSunWoo: It was a series of isolated incidents and will most likely not happen again.
Shut up. No talking until you get two stars, and where is that cup of coffee I told you to get me!?

MOVE!
Post edited April 24, 2014 by tinyE