It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tburger: With notifications for both replied users?
JMich: A merged post is two (or more posts) so notifications are sent for all of them. No different from replying to user A in post #32 and to user B in post #34.
ok, thx for clarification.
TheJoe: -snip-
Did I miss something? Isn't the forum a pretty peaceful place?
TheJoe: -snip-
Shambhala: Did I miss something? Isn't the forum a pretty peaceful place?
It is HELL, don't you realise, HELL
Reever: As most of the users here have suggested:

1) An improved rep system: You can see who repped you, what kind of rep it is, and they should be able to leave a comment accompanying the rep! Just like on most forums nowadays...
Ugh, but most forums look ugly, tacky and overcrowded (in terms of aesthetics). If you do want to see "thanks" and who repped up, better to put it out of sight so peoples' eyes can move easily from blocks of pertinent content.
Post edited April 18, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
Shambhala: Did I miss something? Isn't the forum a pretty peaceful place?
Nah I'm just a naysayer.

Nay. NAY!
Other than what I've seen so far: Add strike through text! I really need it! ^^

About the rep thing: I don't care about my rep, but I think that makes the feature pointless. It's just not used for what it should be used for: Finding out who contributes a lot to this forum and who just spams. Or who is nice and who is not. And so on. Right now it's just like "Who gifts the most games while snatching none of them". At least I think that's what people use downvoting/upvoting for right now...
TheJoe:
Since you are naming names, who else needs to go? :P
Post edited April 18, 2014 by tinyE
katsaysmeh: Right now it's just like "Who gifts the most games while snatching none of them".
Were that the case, then we wouldnt have seen regular gifters with low rated posts when giving away games (momo as one example among others).
katsaysmeh: Right now it's just like "Who gifts the most games while snatching none of them".
Sachys: Were that the case, then we wouldnt have seen regular gifters with low rated posts when giving away games (momo as one example among others).
Well, them I'm wrong. I don't really know what's going on with this rep thing anyway, but I noticed that I get upvoted when I give away games and downvoted when I ask for games/snatch one. So sorry for misinterpreting the situation.
katsaysmeh:
dont be - its your view as you saw it. :)
TheJoe:
tinyE: Since you are naming names, who else needs to go? :P
my guess is anyone over the age of about 21...
Post edited April 18, 2014 by Sachys
I agree that the rep system has to be addressed. Lots of posts saying that they're not bothered by it but it is clearly not working as it is. This is the one issue that I believe needs addressing and resolving as soon as possible. What I would like to see is the top 5 or so feasible suggestions presented to the GOG community to discuss and/or vote on.

Otherwise, it's a great community so please don't change too much too soon - especially serial moderation of any controversial or even offensive posts. One of this forums strengths is the lively and intelligent debate and moderation can easily lead to suppression.
There should be a little "fart" noise every time tinyE writes a post . That's it .
Licurg: There should be a little "fart" noise every time tinyE writes a post . That's it .
Was that a compliment or an insult? I can see it as both. :D
Licurg: There should be a little "fart" noise every time tinyE writes a post . That's it .
tinyE: Was that a compliment or an insult? I can see it as both. :D
Both, of course :D
I think that for now the best way to improve the forum is taking out the down rep button just for the moment, it adds nothing but generates a lot of problems, just add a button to report an spam thread or whatever but take out the down rep.