It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Playing classic gems is about to get even more enjoyable! Today 5 KONAMI titles listed below have received an important update regarding their support for modern controllers:

Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra
METAL GEAR
METAL GEAR SOLID
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SUBSTANCE
Silent Hill 4: The Room

As of now, these titles will not only enjoy full support for popular modern controllers such as Sony DualSense, Sony DualShock 4, Microsoft Xbox One X/S, and Nintendo Switch Pro but also receive optimized default key bindings and a few smaller fixes regarding the controller compatibility.
Nice. Just played MGS now playing SH4. Grew up playing these on PS and it's nice to play them on PC legally and have them look as I remeber them looking (which doesn't happen when playing the old console versions). Going to replay MGS now, controller worked fine before (was odd but worked) but now the harder difficulty and VR missions should be easier with full controller support.
SaintTybo: Nice. Just played MGS now playing SH4. Grew up playing these on PS and it's nice to play them on PC legally and have them look as I remeber them looking (which doesn't happen when playing the old console versions). Going to replay MGS now, controller worked fine before (was odd but worked) but now the harder difficulty and VR missions should be easier with full controller support.
Why did you give up on playing them on PS?
Can i play it with kb + mouse ? What are they keyboard settings for these games ?
SmollestLight: The issue has been fixed. :)
In this news, you state that these games now have full controller support, but do games like Silent Hill 4 or Metal Gear Solid 2 have Xbox / PlayStation button prompts?

The UI is also part of the full controller support. Otherwise it's only partial controller support and your state is a false advertisement.

Moreover, the Metal Gear Solid 2 store page has this information:

Most of the popular PC controllers are supported (with the exception of PS4 one), however, trigger buttons are not possible to bind for XBOX 360 and XBOX One controllers.
Once again, are you sure you are providing FULL controller support to your customers?
GOG.com: Playing classic gems is about to get even more enjoyable! Today 5 KONAMI titles listed below have received an important update regarding their support for modern controllers:

Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra
METAL GEAR
METAL GEAR SOLID
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SUBSTANCE
Silent Hill 4: The Room

As of now, these titles will not only enjoy full support for popular modern controllers such as Sony DualSense, Sony DualShock 4, Microsoft Xbox One X/S, and Nintendo Switch Pro but also receive optimized default key bindings and a few smaller fixes regarding the controller compatibility.
I'm having issues with the triggers. They don't work if they are both pressed at the same time.
Rialmwe: I prefer not to have this update, I don't know why I can not to play with the analogs like I could before. Is there a way to stop GOG Galaxy reminding me of the update?
In my case It worked very well before. (Maybe I change the keybinding to work like I wanted )
I don't own the game but there is a way to trick Galaxy into thinking the game has been updated. In your game install folder you will find a file called goggame-xxxxxxxxx.info (with x being the game id number). This file contains everything Galaxy needs to start the game including the so called "buildId" which is a specific number. All you need to do is to change the buildId to the buildId of the current update and Galaxy will think that the version you are running is the actual one. To do this in a proper way I'd suggest to do the following:

1) Update the game to get the newest buildID or ask someone here to give it to you. Note it somewhere.
2) If you updated the game in step 1 do a rollback to the version you want.
3) Close Galaxy.
4) Edit the *.info file and change buildID number to the new one.
5) Move the game installatrion folder (or rename it so that Galaxy does not recognize it).
6) Start Galaxy (game should not be shown now).
7) Move the installation folder back (or rename it back to the origibal name).
8) In Galaxy press the gear icon -> add games & friends -> Scan folders for GOG games. Browse to your install directory to import the game with the new info file into Galaxy.

Now you should have the old version and the update message from Galaxy should be gone because Galaxy is thinking that it already has the newest version installed. However this will only work as long as there is no other update - in this case you would have to do the same procedure again.
MarkoH01: 1) Update the game to get the newest buildID or ask someone here to give it to you. Note it somewhere.
Could use gogdb.org to get the buildID
https://www.gogdb.org/product/1771973390#builds is Metal Gear Solid
MarkoH01: 1) Update the game to get the newest buildID or ask someone here to give it to you. Note it somewhere.
Cusith: Could use gogdb.org to get the buildID
https://www.gogdb.org/product/1771973390#builds is Metal Gear Solid
Hey, great idea. Did not notice that gogdb is listing the buildid as well. Good to know. Thank you :)
Post edited August 29, 2021 by MarkoH01
Swedrami: Metal Gear Solid's excellent German localisation
seppelfred: That is a bad joke, right? It's a prime example of a horrible german localisation. Dreadful and awkward.
The German dub of Metal Gear Solid is like the English dub of Resident Evil 1. It's so bad that it's actually good. :)
wolfsite: Great to hear, will we be seeing more titles from Konami in the near future?
My god please do.... I need all the silent hills..... if would be amazing to have silent hill 1,2 & 3 on pc as well.
§pec†re: because xinput is retarded.

It's ridiculous we had to put up with the xbox360 pad being the main controller system for windows when more advanced ones were mainstream at that time.
Jon_Irenicus_PL: Are you saying you liked the PS3 controller better? Most people seem to hold the opposite view.

Just out of curiosity.
Most people think the Sony or Nintendo ones are better and objectively the PS3 is better with more analog buttons and motion control.
BanditKeith2: To be fair Microsoft owns X-box more or less and has for ages so it makes sense to be stuck with whatever controller types X-box consoles use ...
I disagree because it meant PC gaming was stuck with a basic controller. You can still use a better controller to play xbox games on the PC but then cross platform is a symptom of the problem.
Post edited August 29, 2021 by §pec†re
Jon_Irenicus_PL: Are you saying you liked the PS3 controller better? Most people seem to hold the opposite view.

Just out of curiosity.
§pec†re: Most people think the Sony or Nintendo ones are better and objectively the PS3 is better with more analog buttons and motion control.
BanditKeith2: To be fair Microsoft owns X-box more or less and has for ages so it makes sense to be stuck with whatever controller types X-box consoles use ...
§pec†re: I disagree because it meant PC gaming was stuck with a basic controller. You can still use a better controller to play xbox games on the PC but then cross platform is a symptom of the problem.
I wasn't saying it was wrong or right just that it makes sense is all on why the X=box controllers are like the go to factor is all and why its stated on official prodocts on ''for X-box and windows '' plus owning X-box kinda means X-box controller supporting and such on the software level on Windows surely is way more easier
low rated

Just out of curiosity.
§pec†re: Most people think the Sony or Nintendo ones are better and objectively the PS3 is better with more analog buttons and motion control.
§pec†re: I disagree because it meant PC gaming was stuck with a basic controller. You can still use a better controller to play xbox games on the PC but then cross platform is a symptom of the problem.
lol the playstation controller is and was always the worst out of all controllers, including 3rd party chinese knockoffs, every intelligent good looking gamer agrees. incidentally, thats why its known colloquially as the 'gaystation' fyi.
Post edited August 29, 2021 by theroundeye
Fuz: " also receive optimized default key bindings"

Does this mean you cannot rebind the keyboard?
Magmarock: What they've done is shipped the game with different settings from it's defaults. It's exactly the same game and no modifications have been made. Just the settings. In fact if you select (restore defaults) from the games menu you will get the settings the games had when they were first released.
Thanks but it doesn't answer my question.
Magmarock: What they've done is shipped the game with different settings from it's defaults. It's exactly the same game and no modifications have been made. Just the settings. In fact if you select (restore defaults) from the games menu you will get the settings the games had when they were first released.
Fuz: Thanks but it doesn't answer my question.
You can rebind the keyboard and everything else in the game.