It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Playing classic gems is about to get even more enjoyable! Today 5 KONAMI titles listed below have received an important update regarding their support for modern controllers:

Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra
METAL GEAR
METAL GEAR SOLID
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SUBSTANCE
Silent Hill 4: The Room

As of now, these titles will not only enjoy full support for popular modern controllers such as Sony DualSense, Sony DualShock 4, Microsoft Xbox One X/S, and Nintendo Switch Pro but also receive optimized default key bindings and a few smaller fixes regarding the controller compatibility.
GOG.com: Playing classic gems is about to get even more enjoyable! Today 5 KONAMI titles listed below have received an important update regarding their support for modern controllers:

Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra
METAL GEAR
METAL GEAR SOLID
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SUBSTANCE
Silent Hill 4: The Room

As of now, these titles will not only enjoy full support for popular modern controllers such as Sony DualSense, Sony DualShock 4, Microsoft Xbox One X/S, and Nintendo Switch Pro but also receive optimized default key bindings and a few smaller fixes regarding the controller compatibility.
"Default keybindings"? I assume you are given the option to rebind then?
Konami games are not available from Japanese IP, and I do not want to risk account by using VPN to purchase/download. Will these games be available in Japan on GOG for PC in the future?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Will a PS3 controller work? I am about to try, but I am still going to ask

Edit: no! It does not! WHAT THE HELL???
Post edited August 28, 2021 by Jon_Irenicus_PL
What about...older xbox controllers? I dunno which one it is, I got it from a friend.
Prototype_AI: Konami games are not available from Japanese IP, and I do not want to risk account by using VPN to purchase/download. Will these games be available in Japan on GOG for PC in the future?

I'd be willing to gift them to you if you want.
" also receive optimized default key bindings"

Does this mean you cannot rebind the keyboard?
Prototype_AI: Konami games are not available from Japanese IP, and I do not want to risk account by using VPN to purchase/download. Will these games be available in Japan on GOG for PC in the future?

Would be the first time that I ever heard someone losing their account ... that's a thing Steam does, not GOG.
So I just tested Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2 with both a direct input and xinput controller. Both work but the xinput does not work perfectly. If you press both triggers at the same time while in first person view mode, in Metal Gear Solid 2 you're supposed to stand up on your tip toes can get a better view. However this doesn't work because the triggers registered as opposites ends of an analog input.
Jon_Irenicus_PL: Will a PS3 controller work? I am about to try, but I am still going to ask

PS3 controllers need special 3rd party drivers to work with PC in general.
Fuz: " also receive optimized default key bindings"

Does this mean you cannot rebind the keyboard?
What they've done is shipped the game with different settings from it's defaults. It's exactly the same game and no modifications have been made. Just the settings. In fact if you select (restore defaults) from the games menu you will get the settings the games had when they were first released.
low rated
Magmarock: So I just tested Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2 with both a direct input and xinput controller. Both work but the xinput does not work perfectly. If you press both triggers at the same time while in first person view mode, in Metal Gear Solid 2 you're supposed to stand up on your tip toes can get a better view. However this doesn't work because the triggers registered as opposites ends of an analog input.
because xinput is retarded.
Jon_Irenicus_PL: Will a PS3 controller work? I am about to try, but I am still going to ask

gibbeynator: PS3 controllers need special 3rd party drivers to work with PC in general.
It's ridiculous we had to put up with the xbox360 pad being the main controller system for windows when more advanced ones were mainstream at that time.
Post edited August 28, 2021 by §pec†re
Magmarock: So I just tested Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2 with both a direct input and xinput controller. Both work but the xinput does not work perfectly. If you press both triggers at the same time while in first person view mode, in Metal Gear Solid 2 you're supposed to stand up on your tip toes can get a better view. However this doesn't work because the triggers registered as opposites ends of an analog input.
§pec†re: because xinput is retarded.
gibbeynator: PS3 controllers need special 3rd party drivers to work with PC in general.
§pec†re: It's ridiculous we had to put up with the xbox360 pad being the main controller system for windows when more advanced ones were mainstream at that time.
To be fair Microsoft owns X-box more or less and has for ages so it makes sense to be stuck with whatever controller types X-box consoles use ...
RawSteelUT: Now we just need Metal Gear II: Solid Snake. Not sure why Metal Gear is here and not Metal Gear II.
This...

Yeah, I know. I am using SCP Server.

Many modern games like RDR2 or the Witcher 3 work perfectly fine with the controller. And those are games that were released years after the PS3 had been replaced (generation-wise).

So I don't know why games that actually WERE on the PS3 don't.
§pec†re: because xinput is retarded.
§pec†re: It's ridiculous we had to put up with the xbox360 pad being the main controller system for windows when more advanced ones were mainstream at that time.
Are you saying you liked the PS3 controller better? Most people seem to hold the opposite view.

Just out of curiosity.
Post edited August 29, 2021 by Jon_Irenicus_PL
I prefer not to have this update, I don't know why I can not to play with the analogs like I could before. Is there a way to stop GOG Galaxy reminding me of the update?
In my case It worked very well before. (Maybe I change the keybinding to work like I wanted )