It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Playing classic gems is about to get even more enjoyable! Today 5 KONAMI titles listed below have received an important update regarding their support for modern controllers:

Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra
METAL GEAR
METAL GEAR SOLID
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SUBSTANCE
Silent Hill 4: The Room

As of now, these titles will not only enjoy full support for popular modern controllers such as Sony DualSense, Sony DualShock 4, Microsoft Xbox One X/S, and Nintendo Switch Pro but also receive optimized default key bindings and a few smaller fixes regarding the controller compatibility.
Cologno: Sigh....still region locked for me. I really don't like buying off Steam. If the Yakuza series ever shows up on GoG, i imagine it'll be the same situation.
Plenty VPN solutions for switching to another virtual location available out there, even free ones.
I'm getting the 404 error for the installers for all of Castlevania/Contra, MGS1 and Silent Hill 4.
GOG.com: KONAMI games on GOG.COM receive a controller support update
BreOl72: Trying to download the updated offline installer (MG) results in a 404.
Same here.
Tried Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid 1 and get the 404 error.
high rated
Dear KONAMI, now however release some newer games on GOG as well, since there's no reason not to since they've all been pirated for decades.
low rated
Alexim: Dear KONAMI, now however release some newer games on GOG as well, since there's no reason not to since they've all been pirated for decades.
I think the mistake people make is assuming it's about piracy. It's clear from the delist-and-rerelease policy that it's about control of profits from the more obedient customers. It might not be the case in Konami's shoes, but most likely is.
Having continued support for GOG versions is a very good thing.

But how about more KONAMI games?
... SH3 and SH2, more MGS (including Revengeance), more Castlevania (including Lords of shadow).
Sounds like an excellent update! I'll be keeping an eye on what everyone is thinking of the controller support. Might finally buy these now.
low rated
TheGreatDustpan: Sounds like an excellent update! I'll be keeping an eye on what everyone is thinking of the controller support. Might finally buy these now.
My current thoughts about them:
HTTP 404 Not Found

Hence, I would not advise buying any Konami games until this issue is resolved (which I am hoping is soon).
Loger13: Having continued support for GOG versions is a very good thing.

But how about more KONAMI games?
... SH3 and SH2, more MGS (including Revengeance), more Castlevania (including Lords of shadow).
Yea, like the Gradius and Parodius Series.
low rated
TheGreatDustpan: Sounds like an excellent update! I'll be keeping an eye on what everyone is thinking of the controller support. Might finally buy these now.
dtgreene: My current thoughts about them:
HTTP 404 Not Found

Hence, I would not advise buying any Konami games until this issue is resolved (which I am hoping is soon).
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this on GOG's end, not Konami's? Shouldn't this be a recommendation not to buy GOG games until the issue is resolved?
Cologno: Sigh....still region locked for me. I really don't like buying off Steam. If the Yakuza series ever shows up on GoG, i imagine it'll be the same situation.
Swedrami: Plenty VPN solutions for switching to another virtual location available out there, even free ones.
I'm aware of it. There's even local VPN in Japan to circumvent stupidities Steam pulls (like how Yakuza Dragon PC was released months after the rest of the world got it, or the censored CP 2077 Japanese release, despite Japanese beingn available language in foreign releases). It just gets loathsome at times.
fortune_p_dawg: 404 when try to download
You are not the only one.
dtgreene: My current thoughts about them:
HTTP 404 Not Found

kohlrak: Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this on GOG's end, not Konami's? Shouldn't this be a recommendation not to buy GOG games until the issue is resolved?
It is, but I'm not aware of it affecting any other games at the moment.

(In any case, as I said, I do hope the issue gets resolved soon.)
Seems like someone posted the news / updated the links on the website before uploading the new / updated files. Good one. ^^
Post edited August 27, 2021 by Anime-BlackWolf
That's actually pretty cool. I was annoyed with MGS last year because it didn't want to work properly with my gamepad and ended up replaying the game on PS1 instead. Kinda cool that the GOG version is workable now.