It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Void_Dweller: I was scammed a few weeks ago, created a ticket in 'other' category, got no reply for support, did I do it wrong?
GOG may or may not respond. Reason? GOG has adopted a "trade at your own risk" position.
Void_Dweller: I was scammed a few weeks ago, created a ticket in 'other' category, got no reply for support, did I do it wrong?
Basically, it's not their responsibility. Now, if somebody stole your credit details to make the purchase, that's something that they'd do something about, or your credit card issuer would. IIRC, that would be found under like billing.

But, if you gave the code to somebody, then, they aren't going to do anything about that. It's not their responsibility to decide what people do with their codes and having them get involved with these sorts of things would just make a huge mess.
Tauto: Trumps the Man!
Who Trumps The Man? Certainly not Trump. Trump certainly does not trump the man. Trump IS "The Man" in another guise.
Nevermind, wrong thread
Post edited April 26, 2017 by obi4ammama
low rated
obi4ammama: nvm.
No,no,why?
Post edited April 26, 2017 by Tauto
obi4ammama: Nevermind, wrong thread
Tauto: No,no,why?
Long story short, i am looking for two games keys(both games are not anymore on gog and the keys are hard to find). Anyway this user contacted me and said that he has key for one of the games and maybe could find for the other. However, i was not able to find any trade history of him in the forum and he has only 4 or 5 posts as whole, most of them in a giveaway thread.In addition, the user is relatively new (registered in nov. 2016) I asked a forum member with whom i already have successfully traded for a advice and he suggested me to ask in this thread.
low rated
Tauto: No,no,why?
obi4ammama: Long story short, i am looking for re-volt and republic: the revolution keys(both games are not anymore on gog and the keys are hard to find). Anyway this user contacted me and said that he has key for one of the games and maybe could find for the other. However, i was not able to find any trade history of him in the forum and he has only 4 or 5 posts as whole, most of them in a giveaway thread.In addition, the user is relatively new (registered in nov. 2016) I asked a forum member with whom i already have successfully traded for a advice and he suggested me to ask in this thread.
Okay,first things first.You are unknown to me and in that case if I was to make a trade with you it would be under the condition that YOU go first and deliver the game/code.After I have verified it,then I would send my deal to you.This is the safest but certainly not a guarantee that it would work.This thread is for KNOWN SCAMMERS and not SUSPECTS as being mentioned in here is bad enough.This should be asked in the trade thread.
obi4ammama: Long story short, i am looking for re-volt and republic: the revolution keys(both games are not anymore on gog and the keys are hard to find). Anyway this user contacted me and said that he has key for one of the games and maybe could find for the other. However, i was not able to find any trade history of him in the forum and he has only 4 or 5 posts as whole, most of them in a giveaway thread.In addition, the user is relatively new (registered in nov. 2016) I asked a forum member with whom i already have successfully traded for a advice and he suggested me to ask in this thread.
Tauto: Okay,first things first.You are unknown to me and in that case if I was to make a trade with you it would be under the condition that YOU go first and deliver the game/code.After I have verified it,then I would send my deal to you.This is the safest but certainly not a guarantee that it would work.This thread is for KNOWN SCAMMERS and not SUSPECTS as being mentioned in here is bad enough.This should be asked in the trade thread.
ok, thanks for the info. i will delete the post than
low rated
Tauto: Okay,first things first.You are unknown to me and in that case if I was to make a trade with you it would be under the condition that YOU go first and deliver the game/code.After I have verified it,then I would send my deal to you.This is the safest but certainly not a guarantee that it would work.This thread is for KNOWN SCAMMERS and not SUSPECTS as being mentioned in here is bad enough.This should be asked in the trade thread.
obi4ammama: ok, thanks for the info. i will delete the post than
No problems,but you can't delete but you can edit:)
Post edited April 26, 2017 by Tauto
Tauto: No problems,but you can't delete but you can edit:)
now i know, thanks for the info :D
Tauto: This thread is for KNOWN SCAMMERS and not SUSPECTS as being mentioned in here is bad enough.
Don't listen to him, he's a recurring troll and a friend of a scammer.
You can freely post here and ask for advice if something suspicious happened.
Post edited April 26, 2017 by phaolo
phaolo: Don't listen to him, he's a recurring troll and a friend of a scammer.
This is true.
obi4ammama: Long story short, i am looking for two games keys(both games are not anymore on gog and the keys are hard to find).
IIRC these games (Re-volt and Republic) were removed without a warning. For games which had warnings, people might have stocked up on codes to trade and/or give away as rarities. Otherwise, it's very unlikely someone got a code, then forgot about it for years and remembered just as you were asking around. If someone offered those games to you just like that, they're probably a scammer.

I suppose, for cases like this (because the contents of a GOG key can be checked without redeeming it), you can ask a trusted community member (someone who'd normally go second in a trade) to mediate.
tinyE: This is true.
Thank you guys for the support. However, tauto is right in a sence that it is not fair for a name of a user to appear in a scammers thread becouse of suspicion, without this user being really a scammer(possibly ). Anyway there are no news from him/her as for now. From the other posts you got the situation. If there is any negative development, i will notify you.
obi4ammama: Long story short, i am looking for two games keys(both games are not anymore on gog and the keys are hard to find).
Starmaker: IIRC these games (Re-volt and Republic) were removed without a warning. For games which had warnings, people might have stocked up on codes to trade and/or give away as rarities. Otherwise, it's very unlikely someone got a code, then forgot about it for years and remembered just as you were asking around. If someone offered those games to you just like that, they're probably a scammer.

I suppose, for cases like this (because the contents of a GOG key can be checked without redeeming it), you can ask a trusted community member (someone who'd normally go second in a trade) to mediate.
Thank you for the advice. I will probably just insist for him to go first. Thanks one more time.
low rated
Troll somewhere else.