It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
rtcvb32:
exactly what are you on about please? - context is always a bonus! ;)
rtcvb32:
Sachys: exactly what are you on about please? - context is always a bonus! ;)
The context of the first half of the message is that i got a reply from GoG, and waiting on the next message. Also due to the site setup that if GoG says no, then i probably can't make the external gift-code trading service which would help with reducing scammers...

The second half is just some notes that started from trying to determine if i converted the gift-codes into a raw number (if i could do it, how easily, size constraints, etc. Since I got 83 bits i felt i'd just comment on how big it is, assuming you could ever exhaust all the keys with an outrageous scenario.
Klumpen0815: This is sad.
Maybe GoG needs a proper trading section/board after all.
I'm new to this and don't really know the rules here in spotting these, only gave stuff away for free, possible to the wrong people, because some had negative rep.
cmdr_flashheart: GOG should just ban trading on their forums, tbh.
i wouldnt go that far

but gog does need a dedicated trading and gifting forum there are so many trades and gifting threads on here its almost unpossible to find a thread thats not about either
cmdr_flashheart: GOG should just ban trading on their forums, tbh.
snowkatt: i wouldnt go that far

but gog does need a dedicated trading and gifting forum there are so many trades and gifting threads on here its almost unpossible to find a thread thats not about either
That should be IMpossible, unless you were attempting to be funny?

I support an official Trading forum, but don't think there needs to be an official Gifting/Begging forum. Perhaps an official Giveaway subforum would be nice though. While you can use forum settings to show which threads are GA's I think it would still be a useful addition.

Ragnarblackmane: That should be IMpossible, unless you were attempting to be funny?

I support an official Trading forum, but don't think there needs to be an official Gifting/Begging forum. Perhaps an official Giveaway subforum would be nice though. While you can use forum settings to show which threads are GA's I think it would still be a useful addition.
well i donated my sense of humor to germany and science germanic science even so all i can do is try

but i had to wade through several gifting threads just to get to this one

its getting a bit out of hand
rtcvb32:
i think to the majority reading this, that makes no sense... and therefore no context really. sorry, but i need it to make some sense.
thanks!
Sachys: i think to the majority reading this, that makes no sense... and therefore no context really. sorry, but i need it to make some sense.
I know... perhaps i should have just kept quiet and waited for the second reply from GoG...
Sachys: i think to the majority reading this, that makes no sense... and therefore no context really. sorry, but i need it to make some sense.
rtcvb32: I know... perhaps i should have just kept quiet and waited for the second reply from GoG...
or you could just summarise... which was what i asked for in the context of the context to the context of the context of your post.

Ragnarblackmane: That should be IMpossible, unless you were attempting to be funny?

Me fail English? That's unpossible! That is from the Simpsons, and was a huge meme for a while. So large I see unpossible now and don't even recognize it is in error.

I fully support Trading and Gifting sub-forums. The vast majority of the time I am on here they are the last thing to hold any interest for me. Then again, I personally seem to have a rather low threshold for forum "games" and seeing those irritates me as well. Guess I'm just a Grumpy Old Man. Prefer things in their place. Now get of my lawn.
Sachys: exactly what are you on about please? - context is always a bonus! ;)
rtcvb32: The context of the first half of the message is that i got a reply from GoG, and waiting on the next message. Also due to the site setup that if GoG says no, then i probably can't make the external gift-code trading service which would help with reducing scammers...

The second half is just some notes that started from trying to determine if i converted the gift-codes into a raw number (if i could do it, how easily, size constraints, etc. Since I got 83 bits i felt i'd just comment on how big it is, assuming you could ever exhaust all the keys with an outrageous scenario.
Would you like my code? It's in C#, it basically authenticates with GOG, then attempts to redeem a code, parses the response, but doesn't redeem it. It allows the user to optionally use their own credentials to redeem the code, thus locking it for 10 minutes and therefore preventing a quick double trade.

It isn't working right now (I suspect GOG have changed the XML they respond to requests with), and I don't really have time to maintain it right now, but it's fairly sound code. Unfortunately the last 2 times I've got it working and opened it up to GOG users, nobody has used it, preferring to risk being scammed.
wpegg: Would you like my code? It's in C#, it basically authenticates with GOG, then attempts to redeem a code, parses the response, but doesn't redeem it. It allows the user to optionally use their own credentials to redeem the code, thus locking it for 10 minutes and therefore preventing a quick double trade.

It isn't working right now (I suspect GOG have changed the XML they respond to requests with), and I don't really have time to maintain it right now, but it's fairly sound code. Unfortunately the last 2 times I've got it working and opened it up to GOG users, nobody has used it, preferring to risk being scammed.
I can't promise to use it, but it can't hurt to look it over. Keep in mind if I make a hobby site/page it's going to be with a LAMP configuration (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP), so I'm not sure how much the C# can help. However depending on how the request is done, and what credentials are needed to gather the needed information (who owns the gift-code, which games are unredeemed, if it's valid, etc) then I might still make use of it.

As for locking it for 10 minutes I don't know how well that would work... (If it works, then great!) I fully intend to put in place if you trade a code (or trying to trade a code with multiple people) it will raise a big yellow or red flag and you are warned. Doesn't mean they can't be trading on and off the site at the same time, but it certainly makes it a little more difficult. A case like this which would be okay is in instances where there's say more than one game on a code, but the other person already owns one of them.

Example:
User A has Zombie Shooter 1+2 unredeemed.
User B has Zombie Shooter 2 but not 1
User C has Zombie Shooter 1 but not 2.

You could then trade it to both of them, as they could only redeem half of it. The yellow flag will at the very least make the original trader explain why it's being traded multiple times (One of very few cases where this would actually happen).
Hmmmm.... am I the only one who's starting to get a bad feeling about this advancedhero guy?

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/a_humble_trade/post5
BillyMaysFan59: Hmmmm.... am I the only one who's starting to get a bad feeling about this advancedhero guy?

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/a_humble_trade/post5
It is interesting that you bring this up BillyMaysFan59 because there is definitely something fishy as I think he is also using multiple accounts,since only two people have been asking for Lords of Midnight everywhere i.e. advancedhero and ceterum

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_gog_community_gifting_thread/post15067

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_gog_community_gifting_thread/post15097

Also they seem to be posting in the same threads:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/open_this_thread/post2668

As well as going after the same game in a giveaway i.e. Inquisitor:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/guess_numberswin_games_2/post35
Post edited July 15, 2014 by stg83
stg83: Snippety snip
heh..... is Wakalo getting some competition now? :P (Or is he wakalo? Who knows...)
Post edited July 15, 2014 by BillyMaysFan59
BillyMaysFan59: heh..... is Wakalo getting some competition now? :P (Or is he wakalo? Who knows...)
Yeah it seems he has unfortunately inspired the trend of multiple user accounts. But, I don't think its wakalo because the trades he is trying to do isn't for imaginary games just some free games. ;)