It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HijacK: You'd have to change the PC or the mottherboard to connect to gog again.
Nirth: Nah, just connect via a new or other VPN service or perhaps just go through TOR then refresh the connection to get a new IP.

An escrow system would be good enough, the hard part is to put it to together because usuaully such a service takes a cut I think.
Aren't motherboard IPs usually unique to the motherboard? I thought you can't simply change that. Tracking that IP and banning it , would stop him from at least connecting with gog. I may be wrong , but it has worked on me. I got banned from PlayFire for fighting 360 fanboys and I still can't connect with it.
If banning PC IPs doesn't work , there's always the banning of the email address , which is a lot easier.
jamyskis: Until the escrow decides to bolt with both of the trade items or turns out to be a scammer plant.
Nirth: Yes but then that person or system loses the reputation and for what? Two codes as video games. What a reward..
It is a reward if they're 2 60$ game codes :P xD , but you\d be mad to do it even then.
Post edited May 10, 2013 by HijacK
HijacK: You'd have to change the PC or the mottherboard to connect to gog again.
Nirth: Nah, just connect via a new or other VPN service or perhaps just go through TOR then refresh the connection to get a new IP.

An escrow system would be good enough, the hard part is to put it to together because usuaully such a service takes a cut I think.
Unless there's a nice reputable chap here who really loves GOG, and is trying to help this community...

I put one together a while ago for free, and no-one uses it. If there was demand for it then I'd maintain it and add the bells and whistles that people want. However the extra effort of going to another site is too much for people, they prefer to risk the scamming.

http://williampegg.net/Trade

I just tried it out, and it still validates GOG codes correctly, if there is demand then I'll improve it.
They should ban that computers MAC address which is the interface's address at that point they will have to replace that motherboard or PC
PrincessMilissa: They should ban that computers MAC address which is the interface's address at that point they will have to replace that motherboard or PC
Nah, network cards are dirty cheap. :p
PrincessMilissa: They should ban that computers MAC address which is the interface's address at that point they will have to replace that motherboard or PC
triock: Nah, network cards are dirty cheap. :p
True
triock: Nah, network cards are dirty cheap. :p
Or you can just make it report another MAC address entirely, no purchase needed.
Folks, an IP address has *no* connection to the hardware at all. It may have some association with your account with your ISP.

The MAC address is an ethernet specific address, and is visible on your local LAN and possibly to the ISP if they're bridging the ethernet data across your link. However they're *not* visible past the first router. That's just how networking works.

There's nothing personally identifiable by the time the packet gets to you, or GOG.
jsjrodman: Folks, an IP address has *no* connection to the hardware at all. It may have some association with your account with your ISP.

The MAC address is an ethernet specific address, and is visible on your local LAN and possibly to the ISP if they're bridging the ethernet data across your link. However they're *not* visible past the first router. That's just how networking works.

There's nothing personally identifiable by the time the packet gets to you, or GOG.
Or even before using MAC spoofing.
Would you please stop this needless necroposting?
high rated
jsjrodman: Folks, an IP address has *no* connection to the hardware at all. It may have some association with your account with your ISP.

Thanks for posting this, It's amazing how much misconception there is about LAN & WAN IP and MAC addresses.
Networking is something I never learned. I know only the basics but thanks for the info!
Wakalo/anesto seems to be back going by the name kachim this time: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post36984
K_1269: Wakalo/anesto seems to be back going by the name kachim this time: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post36984
was outed ages ago under that name - was sure i'd posted here about it. ah well
edit: wasnt me that posted - http://www.gog.com/forum/general/known_scammers/post578
Post edited July 24, 2013 by Sachys
It would be easy to check if an account has ever bought anything on gog. And if not, then simply not allow forum access until first purchase is made.
blotunga: It would be easy to check if an account has ever bought anything on gog. And if not, then simply not allow forum access until first purchase is made.
The problem I see there is that it would block people who have questions before making purchases, and that could turn some new customers away.