It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: Tauto might be known as a Troll in the past but afaik he only has a problem in accusing people being scammers without any proof. This does not make him a scammer sympathizer imo. Of course I might be wrong about this but these are the informations I gathered. Don't know if he in fact did sympathise with scammers without me knowing about it. If this should be the case disregard what I said.
phaolo: - "known as a troll in the past"? He did that daily for 2 entire years and then he stopped only due to Fables' moderation. He's back harassing people again since a pair of weeks.
- "not a scammer sympathizer"? He himself admitted it in the past.

You're a kind of community representative now, please don't be so uninformed about the bad people that tried to ruin this place..
Please - no need to get angry. Like I said - my post was purely representing my own knowledge and I explicitely stated that this might be incomplete. I can only talk about things based on my own knowledge and even though I did know and experienced him trolling here for quite some time (no other way to describe it) I did not witness him admitting to be a scammer sympathizer. So basically I was asking to point me to a thread were I could see this for myself if my informations should not be complete.

And I would not say that I am any kind of representative at all. I am still just myself and I don't want to represent anything more than myself. But even if that would be different - you cannot expect me or anybody else to know everything that happened in the forum. Like I said - because I know that this is nearly impossible I added the "only based on my informations" part.
Post edited December 08, 2017 by MarkoH01
high rated
comboplayer: Your low-rating my posts ??!
Not just him.

Think of it as a team effort. :D
high rated
Tauto frequently comes to the defense of NES400 alts like comboplayer just like he did in this thread before his posts went bye-bye.
Hence scammer sympathizer. I stand by my claim. He's done this ever since NES400 arrived summer of 2015. When we had 60 new people all joining June and Aug 2015 whose first posts were in giveaway threads, you'd have Tauto there telling us how they shouldn't be excluded from giveaways because we don't "know" they are scammers despite the language, typing and emoticons that matched the scammer.

And yes, he also accuses those gifting games of being scammers as well as half the rest of the community that he calls scammers for flimsy reasons...

But inexplicably, anyone suspected of stealing games, he has always seemed to take the side of.
MarkoH01: Please - no need to get angry. Like I said - my post was purely representing my own knowledge [..]
I was asking to point me to a thread [..]
And I would not say that I am any kind of representative at all. I am still just myself [..]
I'm not angry, but your post kinda made my eyes roll.
Why even correct someone if you don't know the facts? (even with a "disclaimer").
And proofs are lost in a sea of posts, unreachable by a crap search function or deleted by a silly reporting system (as many know by now).

Aren't you still working for Gog? (I don't know what your position is\was exactly)
Post edited December 08, 2017 by phaolo
MarkoH01: Please - no need to get angry. Like I said - my post was purely representing my own knowledge [..]
I was asking to point me to a thread [..]
And I would not say that I am any kind of representative at all. I am still just myself [..]
phaolo: I'm not angry, but your post kinda made my eyes roll.
Why even correct someone if you don't even know the facts? (even with a "disclaimer").
And proofs are lost in a sea of posts, unreachable by a crap search function or deleted by a silly reporting system (as many know by now).

Aren't you still working for Gog? (I don't know what your position is\was exactly)
I did not want to "correct" you here. It was more of a "why do you say this ... I only know about ..." thing. Basically asking you to add to what I know. In hindsight I maybe should have worded it much more like a question.
MarkoH01: I did not want to "correct" you here.
I was talking about your previous post, when you replied to RWarehall.
phaolo: Aren't you still working for Gog? (I don't know what your position is\was exactly)
This is confusing me (or was it meant as a joke?). I never did work for GOG.
Both of you are confusing me. :P
phaolo: Aren't you still working for Gog? (I don't know what your position is\was exactly)
MarkoH01: This is confusing me (or was it meant as a joke?). I never did work for GOG.
Weren't you one of the people invited to Gog?
I thought that you guys ended up working for them as "community rapresentatives" or something.
I guess I was mistaken O_o
MarkoH01: I did not want to "correct" you here.
phaolo: I was talking about your previous post, when you replied to RWarehall.
So was I. I wanted to tell what I know (guessing that maybe this "you cannot say everybody is a scammer" mantra of Tauto could be the reason for him called a scammer sympathizer) and at the same time asked if I am wrong here and if there are things I don't know about. The question mark in the post was not really obvious enough - like I said bad wording.
MarkoH01: This is confusing me (or was it meant as a joke?). I never did work for GOG.
phaolo: Weren't you one of the people invited to Gog?
I thought that you guys ended up working for them as "community rapresentatives" or something.
I guess I was wrong O_o
"Working" is the wrong word in this sentence. Since GOG could not invite everybody they picked a few (they never told us why they picked us especially) but we never worked for them at all. It was our decision to post our experiences in this forum because we thought the Community could be interested. GOG never told us to do anything it was just free will.
Post edited December 08, 2017 by MarkoH01
phaolo: I was talking about your previous post, when you replied to RWarehall.
MarkoH01: So was I. I wanted to tell what I know (guessing that maybe this "you cannot say everybody is a scammer" mantra of Tauto could be the reason for him called a scammer sympathizer) and at the same time asked if I am wrong here and if there are things I don't know about. The question mark in the post was not really obvious enough - like I said bad wording.
To be fair, I don't believe even Tauto believed it himself. He knew they were scammers because it was all too obvious, but he used that as part of his trolling. The irony is that Gunsyn got upset and started trolling in the first place because he was getting downrepped - and likely by one of these very same scammers that he now defends. (Assuming this is, in fact still Gunsyn and he didn't give away the account like he said he was going to do).
MarkoH01: So was I. I wanted to tell what I know (guessing that maybe this "you cannot say everybody is a scammer" mantra of Tauto could be the reason for him called a scammer sympathizer) and at the same time asked if I am wrong here and if there are things I don't know about. The question mark in the post was not really obvious enough - like I said bad wording.
RWarehall: To be fair, I don't believe even Tauto believed it himself. He knew they were scammers because it was all too obvious, but he used that as part of his trolling. The irony is that Gunsyn got upset and started trolling in the first place because he was getting downrepped - and likely by one of these very same scammers that he now defends. (Assuming this is, in fact still Gunsyn and he didn't give away the account like he said he was going to do).
Slightly OT, but Gunsyn didn't give away the account, he sold it, and GOG knows it, which is why swatkatt isn't allowed to purchase games here anymore. I didn't hear that from him, I heard that from GOG. Now why they went they route instead of just deleting the account I have no clue, they don't tell me those things.

"Mongo only pawn in game of life."

And on that note, to the noobs, if swatkatt ever hits you up for a code, just ignore him. He'll claim he has been set up but there is proof ten times over that his account is bogus. Even the people in here who despise me will tell you this is fact.
Post edited December 08, 2017 by tinyE
MarkoH01: "Working" is the wrong word in this sentence. Since GOG could not invite everybody they picked a few (they never told us why they picked us especially) but we never worked for them at all. It was our decision to post our experiences in this forum because we thought the Community could be interested. GOG never told us to do anything it was just free will.
Ah, ok then.
tinyE: Now why they went they route instead of just deleting the account I have no clue
Most likely? Because a violation of ToS is enough to prevent someone from using your service, but the license granted on game purchase has nothing to do with GOG, and GOG would have no authority to take your "property" from you. That would require action either from the licensor, or perhaps a governmental body. GOG can tell you that you're not allowed to use their services (store, forum, software, etc) but they cannot terminate a license to software for which they hold no ownership.
tinyE: Now why they went they route instead of just deleting the account I have no clue
OneFiercePuppy: Most likely? Because a violation of ToS is enough to prevent someone from using your service, but the license granted on game purchase has nothing to do with GOG, and GOG would have no authority to take your "property" from you. That would require action either from the licensor, or perhaps a governmental body. GOG can tell you that you're not allowed to use their services (store, forum, software, etc) but they cannot terminate a license to software for which they hold no ownership.
See, this is why we need people like you here, to explain this stuff! :D

I was an English major. The only thing I know about law is whatever I picked up from watching Matlock.