It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
DaemonlordX: Add Lee79 to the scammers list.

This user will contact you via PM but is rarely online and won't respond for extended periods of time up to a week.

Do not send your keys first.

In my case I was trading several keys for some gog games which the user promised to gift. They claim to send these via email and no emails arrive.
Just had the same experience with Lee79 this month. Redeemed the keys I sent, asked for an e-mail address, and disappeared. Highly recommend avoiding trades with him at all, and never send keys first.
high rated
Vampir0Alhazred: Another impersonator. He is using the same avatar as the Vampiro. He wanted me to post my key before he "looks in his email" for his HumbleBundle links.

Also ran into another impersonator: k0ima57.
Post edited August 07, 2017 by vidsgame
high rated
ThePixelSamurai: Just had the same experience with Lee79 this month. Redeemed the keys I sent, asked for an e-mail address, and disappeared. Highly recommend avoiding trades with him at all, and never send keys first.
Could you, please, attach a screenshot of the exchange you had? Thank you.

vidsgame: Vampir0Alhazred: Another impersonator. He is using the same avatar as the Vampiro. He wanted me to post my key before he "looks in his email" for his HumbleBundle links.

Also ran into another impersonator: k0ima57.
Could you too, please, attach screenshots of your exchanges with them?

Also, please, report the impersonating accounts to GOG Support, providing the related evidence.

Thanks.
Post edited August 07, 2017 by HypersomniacLive
RWS scammed me into buying an incomplete, out-of-date version of Postal 2 that will receive neither updates nor the long-promised DLC.

HELP!
fronzelneekburm: RWS scammed me into buying an incomplete, out-of-date version of Postal 2 that will receive neither updates nor the long-promised DLC.

HELP!
Gog version ?
high rated
ThePixelSamurai: Just had the same experience with Lee79 this month. Redeemed the keys I sent, asked for an e-mail address, and disappeared. Highly recommend avoiding trades with him at all, and never send keys first.
HypersomniacLive: Could you, please, attach a screenshot of the exchange you had? Thank you.

Also, please, report the impersonating accounts to GOG Support, providing the related evidence.

Thanks.
Also had ran into the impersonator, k0ima57. Pretty bad on my end, I know. I've honestly just had these keys for way too long, and I was about to give them away. Thought maybe I'd bundle them for a game or two I'd actually play, and someone could enjoy them. The games don't bother me, or I'd have used some caution, but just don't want them ripping off anyone else.

https://s1.postimg.org/uhvzg6qhr/k0ima57.png
https://s1.postimg.org/rp2rw5q5b/Lee79.png

Will that work for a screenshot?
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Could you, please, attach a screenshot of the exchange you had? Thank you.

Thanks.
ThePixelSamurai: Also had ran into the impersonator, k0ima57. Pretty bad on my end, I know. I've honestly just had these keys for way too long, and I was about to give them away. Thought maybe I'd bundle them for a game or two I'd actually play, and someone could enjoy them. The games don't bother me, or I'd have used some caution, but just don't want them ripping off anyone else.

Sorry for your experience. But whatever happened there is NEVER a reason to post your e-mail in chat - especially if you don't know the guy. In this case posting it always is a bad idea. That's what the chat is for. You can be sure that at least 99% of the people asking your for yor e-mail adress during a trade are fake. I also saw in your conversation that you pretty quick posted your keys although you also seem to be registered for at least three years. I would have expected a bit more conversation before posting those keys - especially so many at one time. But of course you always know better when it's too late and I do understand that sometimes people are blinded by the seemingly great trade that is offered. So please just take this as a friendly meant advice for next time. Thank you for the screenshots and letting other people know - maybe it is preventing others to be scammed as well. Hopefully your next experience here will be a better one.
Post edited August 07, 2017 by MarkoH01
ThePixelSamurai: Also had ran into the impersonator, k0ima57. Pretty bad on my end, I know. I've honestly just had these keys for way too long, and I was about to give them away. Thought maybe I'd bundle them for a game or two I'd actually play, and someone could enjoy them. The games don't bother me, or I'd have used some caution, but just don't want them ripping off anyone else.

MarkoH01: Sorry for your experience. But whatever happened there is NEVER a reason to post your e-mail in chat - especially if you don't know the guy. In this case posting it always is a bad idea. That's what the chat is for. You can be sure that at least 99% of the people asking your for yor e-mail adress during a trade are fake. I also saw in your conversation that you pretty quick posted your keys although you also seem to be registered for at least three years. I would have expected a bit more conversation before posting those keys - especially so many at one time. But of course you always know better when it's too late and I do understand that sometimes people are blinded by the seemingly great trade that is offered. So please just take this as a friendly meant advice for next time. Thank you for the screenshots and letting other people know - maybe it is preventing others to be scammed as well. Hopefully your next experience here will be a better one.
Thanks for the advice. Honestly, I have such a huge game library nowadays that I wasn't too concerned about the possibility of getting scammed and losing out on old keys. Just wanted to see if I could make some folks happy with some games. Lesson learned. :(
high rated
Here are those screens. Next, I'll let GOG support know about 'em.
Attachments:
gogvamp.png (210 Kb)
gogsk0i.png (218 Kb)
vidsgame: Here are those screens. Next, I'll let GOG support know about 'em.
I used to talk to the actual koima after we traded a couple of times and I can tell you that he/she doesn't chat like that. They're a lot more informal, like your talking to an actual friend!
TheNerdyPlane: I used to talk to the actual koima after we traded a couple of times and I can tell you that he/she doesn't chat like that. They're a lot more informal, like your talking to an actual friend!
That makes sense. I have yet to talk to the actual person unfortunately.
ThePixelSamurai: Thanks for the advice. Honestly, I have such a huge game library nowadays that I wasn't too concerned about the possibility of getting scammed and losing out on old keys. Just wanted to see if I could make some folks happy with some games. Lesson learned. :(
You know, you seem like a pretty cool person! It's a wonder that you aren't hanging out around more with us (aside from trading)! I think the forum could always use more folks on the friendly and chill end of the scale.
Nicole28: I think the forum could always use more folks on the chill end of the scale.
I'm on the chill end of the scale - I've got a cold :-(
TheNerdyPlane: I'm on the chill end of the scale - I've got a cold :-(
*Hugs* The irony of summer, eh?
fronzelneekburm: RWS scammed me into buying an incomplete, out-of-date version of Postal 2 that will receive neither updates nor the long-promised DLC.

HELP!
Painted_Doll: Gog version ?
Naturally.

By the way, RWS is referring to the devs of that game, not to any user here. Yeah, I know, that's not the real purpose of this thread, but I feel I got scammed by these devs nonetheless. ;P