It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeogold: Maybe GOG can do nothing about it, but why should that prevent people from helping one another out? As intelligent as people are, even the best of us are susceptible to the occasional mistake sometimes.
hedwards: snip
And that is a bunch of bullshit and you know it. Many people have seen their potential trading partner listed in these threads and avoided getting ripped off as a result. Many times people have come here to ask advice before a deal is finished.

If you would actually read the thread rather than spewing your self-absorbed opinion, you'd actually know that to be true. Many ill-advised trades have been avoided.

Instead, here you go once again trying to blame those in this thread who are trying to help, for the problem continuing. This isn't true at all. The problem continues because, as with any scam artist, they are successful in finding enough low-hanging fruit to keep it worth their while.

What this thread has done, is provide information which makes it harder for the scammers to succeed.

As to your idiotic contention that someone giving a gift cannot complain when that person trades it instead of redeeming it themselves when that was part of the arrangement...you are as clueless as they come.

Nice to see you back spewing the same old ridiculous nonsense and trying to blame those who are the victims for the problems. Pretty much makes you an asshole as always.
Post edited January 23, 2017 by RWarehall
RWarehall: What this thread has done, is provide information which makes it harder for the scammers to succeed.
Exactly this. Threads like these probably will never stop any scammer at all and it will not provide peace on GOG or elsewhere and of course everybody should be careful ... but this thread still is helping people - especially newbies who now have a platform to ask what they could do to prevent being scammed (sometimes they come here even after they have been scammed to see what they can do now and many of them won't be scammed a second time). Many people, especially newbies simply don't realize how easy it is on GOG to be scammed. It's for example much harder to do this on Steam and many people only know Steam. But GOG in general does not even have a trading platform and none of such security measures.
Post edited January 23, 2017 by MarkoH01
Is he going to be doing that for the next four years? :P
I was joking.

Neither you or Trump are going to be around in four years. :D
Tauto: And you won't be neither.
Meh, the forum will survive.
low rated
Tauto: And you won't be neither.
tinyE: Meh, the forum will survive.
I'll still be here.
Tauto: Trumps the Man!
Fake news!
Also, this thread is about scammers, not spammers. :P

Edit: Unless, you were talking about Trump in the context of him being a scammer? O_o
Post edited January 24, 2017 by Getcomposted
low rated
Tauto: Trumps the Man!
Getcomposted: Fake news!
Well, I got some alternative facts for you! Tauto definitely trumps the man!

ps. I only learned what trump means in the UK because of the big trump from the US.
Getcomposted: Fake news!
real.geizterfahr: Well, I got some alternative facts for you! Tauto definitely trumps the man!

ps. I only learned what trump means in the UK because of the big trump from the US.
I only learned what Tauto means when my toilet got clogged up.
low rated
RWarehall: And that is a bunch of bullshit and you know it. Many people have seen their potential trading partner listed in these threads and avoided getting ripped off as a result. Many times people have come here to ask advice before a deal is finished.

If you would actually read the thread rather than spewing your self-absorbed opinion, you'd actually know that to be true. Many ill-advised trades have been avoided.

Instead, here you go once again trying to blame those in this thread who are trying to help, for the problem continuing. This isn't true at all. The problem continues because, as with any scam artist, they are successful in finding enough low-hanging fruit to keep it worth their while.

What this thread has done, is provide information which makes it harder for the scammers to succeed.

As to your idiotic contention that someone giving a gift cannot complain when that person trades it instead of redeeming it themselves when that was part of the arrangement...you are as clueless as they come.

Nice to see you back spewing the same old ridiculous nonsense and trying to blame those who are the victims for the problems. Pretty much makes you an asshole as always.
And, those people also wouldn't have been ripped off if they were restricting their trades to people they knew and interacted with. All the list does is serve as a score board for trolls and an easy place to accuse people of scamming.

I remember when folks thought I was tauto.

As for the gifting, that's what a gift is. If you want to retain ownership over it, then don't give it away. Property does not work like that. If you care about what somebody does with it, then don't give it away. I've personally given things away without getting a thank you for it, but you don't see me whining and complaining about teh bad scammers.

You may think it's idiotic, but I don't really give a shit what a troll like you thinks. The scamming is going to continue as long as people are foolish about what they do. I've bought physical things from people on this forum and not gotten ripped off. I've also traded software here and not gotten ripped off.

Perhaps it's because I'm old enough not to have been infantalized, but the internet is full of bad people. Watch yourself or you'll get screwed.
RWarehall: What this thread has done, is provide information which makes it harder for the scammers to succeed.
MarkoH01: Exactly this. Threads like these probably will never stop any scammer at all and it will not provide peace on GOG or elsewhere and of course everybody should be careful ... but this thread still is helping people - especially newbies who now have a platform to ask what they could do to prevent being scammed (sometimes they come here even after they have been scammed to see what they can do now and many of them won't be scammed a second time). Many people, especially newbies simply don't realize how easy it is on GOG to be scammed. It's for example much harder to do this on Steam and many people only know Steam. But GOG in general does not even have a trading platform and none of such security measures.
It doesn't even do that though. Most of those scammers are just using it as a vector for troll. Perhaps I'm showing my age here, but don't feed trolls.

What's more, not everybody that gets accused here is actually guilty and the thread itself is a violation of the ToS for the site. I'm shocked that Mr. Gog tolerates it.
Post edited February 02, 2017 by hedwards
First, you are full of shit. Scoreboard for scammers my ass. If they have a scoreboard, it's the account they are redeeming the stolen games in or the number of games they bought or traded the stolen keys for. You keep repeating the same bullshit over and over again, and what you repeat is so stupid it's hard to believe.

As to property, yes it does work like that. What kind of stupid idiot thinks one cannot set terms on a deal? Businesses make trade arrangements all the time with specific terms and conditions which must be followed. If a gifter asks that his game be redeemed by the person who won, then that is a condition of the trade. If someone then sells it, that is actually theft. That is unethical, and if someone steals a game that way, people have every right to complain about it. Period.

For you to think otherwise makes you look rather stupid.

And you and the TOS. You are again full of shit. You keep making this claim about all the innocent people being defamed...yet most of the people you were talking about in the past were proven to be scammers by later actions.

I guess you are used to talking out of your ass, but hey just keep namecalling by calling people trolls, falsely accusing people of violating the TOS. What a great person you are showing yourself not to be.

What you are posting and the contempt you are showing for your fellow Goggers speaks loudly about what a fucking asshole you are.

But keep repeating your stupid bullshit over and over again. The rest of us are trying to help, you are just being a jerkoff.
Post edited February 02, 2017 by RWarehall
I'm gonna come under fire for this, but I'll leave it here anyways.
http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/duelists.htm
zeogold: I'm gonna come under fire for this, but I'll leave it here anyways.
http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/duelists.htm
This is seriously awesome find, thank you for sharing! =)
low rated
Tauto: You should get a warning for trolling.......Oh and I know,report away.
RWarehall is pretty much just a troll. Either that or he's got such a severe intellectual disability that he should be pitied.

I think it's absolutely hilarious that he apparently hasn't discover the "dictionary."
low rated
Tauto: You should get a warning for trolling.......Oh and I know,report away.
hedwards: RWarehall is pretty much just a troll. Either that or he's got such a severe intellectual disability that he should be pitied.

I think it's absolutely hilarious that he apparently hasn't discover the "dictionary."
Nah,they have nothing on me as far as fables is concerned with her daily complaints to ban me.