It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
zeogold: What's the point of engaging him?
phaolo: Eh, I gave it another go.
You know, at this point I'm not even sure he's a troll.
Posting daily hateful comments for an entire year, attacking users for nonsensical reasons, supporting scammers that do way more damage to new people than a few jokes.. who does that?? This guy has probably some mental issues. O_o
Thank you Doctor.
But your prognosis is incorrect.
Post edited June 14, 2016 by Tauto
low rated
zeogold: What's the point of engaging him?
Posting daily hateful comments for an entire year, attacking users for nonsensical reasons, supporting scammers that do way more damage to new people than a few jokes.. who does that??
This guy has probably some mental issues. O_o
Nah... had a guy up the street with brain damage (hit by a tree... had blood coming out his eyes). Acts different but not troll like this thing does. This guy acts like he wants attention but has no idea how to actually interact with things.
More someone who has a job they can't stand & thinks they deserve better but isn't actually good enough to progress. Something like a low ranking military person who can't follow directions or the like. (No insult to military personal here... I'm citing this thing's specific conditions.)
So they act out in other areas of their lives to try & feel superior. The attention makes them act out more because it gives them the reward they're seeking that they can't get in other major portions of their lives.
Doesn't come across as psychopathic or sociopath. For psychopathic the thing is too engaged I believe... wants others reactions where from what I've read most don't care for others reactions.
There's a chance the thing is sociopathic as does display some emotional attachment to the discussions here (like the daily check ins) & has displayed knowing "right" from "wrong" but doesn't display erratic behaviour needed I believe.
Lots of emotional problems maybe but few mental issues I would think. Maybe has some medication wrong.

Oh umm...

know scammer thread because he replies to scammers. Yeah that's it....
low rated
Posting daily hateful comments for an entire year, attacking users for nonsensical reasons, supporting scammers that do way more damage to new people than a few jokes.. who does that??
This guy has probably some mental issues. O_o
JunglePredator: Nah... had a guy up the street with brain damage (hit by a tree... had blood coming out his eyes). Acts different but not troll like this thing does. This guy acts like he wants attention but has no idea how to actually interact with things.
More someone who has a job they can't stand & thinks they deserve better but isn't actually good enough to progress. Something like a low ranking military person who can't follow directions or the like. (No insult to military personal here... I'm citing this thing's specific conditions.)
So they act out in other areas of their lives to try & feel superior. The attention makes them act out more because it gives them the reward they're seeking that they can't get in other major portions of their lives.
Doesn't come across as psychopathic or sociopath. For psychopathic the thing is too engaged I believe... wants others reactions where from what I've read most don't care for others reactions.
There's a chance the thing is sociopathic as does display some emotional attachment to the discussions here (like the daily check ins) & has displayed knowing "right" from "wrong" but doesn't display erratic behaviour needed I believe.
Lots of emotional problems maybe but few mental issues I would think. Maybe has some medication wrong.

Oh umm...

know scammer thread because he replies to scammers. Yeah that's it....
Gotta laugh at a begger's diagnosis.All of a sudden there is Doctors flooding the place.
tinyE: I'm not defending him. He's a world champion asshole, I'm just saying he isn't a racist.
He isn't racist!
low rated
tinyE: I'm not defending him. He's a world champion asshole, I'm just saying he isn't a racist.
Vitek: He isn't racist!
wot? this the muhammed ali thread now? and he was racist, maybe he mellowed out with age but this was guy who thought black women should be killed if she dated a white guy. he was best buds with Malcom X, a known extremist who wanted to incite violence against all white folks. he was no martin luther king jr. (sp?)
Well just had this conversation out of the blue for a game that's not on my wishlist & actually already have thanks to trading & talking to people a couple months back so found the offer odd considering the only active offer I have is an action game :

supplementscene
00:33
Hi, I have a Wolf Among Us key I'm looking to trade for other adventure games

JunglePredator
00:34
Sure... what are you after?

supplementscene
00:37
I'm not sure did you delete your Have list or is it just I can't locate it?

JunglePredator
00:41
I don't have a have list right now

That's where it ended.... sooooo... nothing that's out right a scam attempt but perhaps keep an eye out.
His register date is Nov. 2015.
low rated
Tauto: Here you go again,putting possible innocent user's in here.Get it into your thick head,do not put presumable's or assumptions in here as it sticks.
And how many "innocent" people are PMing people out of the blue asking if they want some high priced game that they just happen to have an extra key of, that just happens not to be in this sale? Or are you just brain dead? I received the same message out of the blue asking if I wanted either Wolf Among Us or Back to the Future.

Both are $25 retail games. The same types of games our typical scammers are using to lure people in. If it quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Besides, how many people are PMing random people they don't even know asking for a trade?

This is exactly what this thread is for. Trader beware. Random people don't just happen to have extra keys lying around for expensive and popular games not currently on sale. And if you look at other posts of his, he seem to just happen to have a few...
Post edited June 19, 2016 by RWarehall
low rated
deleted
Post edited June 19, 2016 by Fairfox
supplementscene approached me as well. From how our conversation went and from what I'm reading here, I don't see any evidence he/she is a scammer though.

RWarehall: And how many "innocent" people are PMing people out of the blue asking if they want some high priced game that they just happen to have an extra key of, that just happens not to be in this sale?
*snip*

RWarehall: Both are $25 retail games. The same types of games our typical scammers are using to lure people in. If it quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Besides, how many people are PMing random people they don't even know asking for a trade?
Actually, if you put up your trade list regularly, being approached out of the blue, even with offers for games that you never asked for, happens quite often. And both the Wolf Among Us and BTTF have been on sale here a LOT, with discounts of 75% and more so getting a key cheap isn't exactly hard.

RWarehall: This is exactly what this thread is for. Trader beware. Random people don't just happen to have extra keys lying around for expensive and popular games not currently on sale. And if you look at other posts of his, he seem to just happen to have a few...
No, it's not. it's to list known scammers, as the title says, not throwing suspicions into the wild that will probably hurt the reputation of new traders. supplementscene has not yet scammed anyone, nor has he shown any tactics that really out someone as a scammer (G2A/Steam keys, screenshots, asking the other person to go first, etc.).

Now I can't say I've seen any other posts from him/her so I'm not sure what you mean by your last sentence.
Here's to hoping I'm not wrong and supplementscene is just new to all this.
Well I was clear to say s/he didn't display anything specific however it's even odder to message multiple people in the same night.
Maybe not a scammer but be watchful for a shift in behaviour towards the negative or the like is all.
Marking someone as a scammer should be done by providing multiple instances of evidence; more than one person showing odd communications from someone can be a track.
Basically I'm posting it here for future reference in case there is an issue.
They might be new or not understand why their behavior comes across as odd; but makes less sense that they didn't even bother to tell me what they were after.
I might actually have 1 or 2 adventure games stashed away.... I'm getting near the bottom of my barrel but for now I seem to be able to find 1 or 2 I've missed.
JunglePredator: Well I was clear to say s/he didn't display anything specific however it's even odder to message multiple people in the same night.
Maybe not a scammer but be watchful for a shift in behaviour towards the negative or the like is all.
Marking someone as a scammer should be done by providing multiple instances of evidence; more than one person showing odd communications from someone can be a track.
Basically I'm posting it here for future reference in case there is an issue.
They might be new or not understand why their behavior comes across as odd; but makes less sense that they didn't even bother to tell me what they were after.
Well said. I *do* agree with being cautious (in any trade).
low rated
skimmie: snip
I think talking of suspicious behavior is a worthwhile discussion rather than someone getting scammed first...

As it appears (he didn't say it in his PM), the keys appear to be for Steam per this post

Here he suggests buying keys from G2A as part of the conversation he had.

Now, I also haven't bumped my trading post in a long time...how did he find me? Why didn't he ask for anything specific if he saw my trading post? It is a large list...

If someone wants to try trading with him, they ought to be informed. He would have to trade first and then you'd have to consider whether the keys came from G2A or the like.

And while the title may be "Known Scammers", that doesn't mean we can't have a discussion or ask about whether anyone has had a problem with certain individuals.

Currently, I'm not asking for his inclusion on the list, but people do need to be made aware...
skimmie: snip
RWarehall: I think talking of suspicious behavior is a worthwhile discussion rather than someone getting scammed first...

As it appears (he didn't say it in his PM), the keys appear to be for Steam per this post

Here he suggests buying keys from G2A as part of the conversation he had.

Now, I also haven't bumped my trading post in a long time...how did he find me? Why didn't he ask for anything specific if he saw my trading post? It is a large list...

If someone wants to try trading with him, they ought to be informed. He would have to trade first and then you'd have to consider whether the keys came from G2A or the like.

And while the title may be "Known Scammers", that doesn't mean we can't have a discussion or ask about whether anyone has had a problem with certain individuals.

Currently, I'm not asking for his inclusion on the list, but people do need to be made aware...
I stand corrected about him not mentioning Steam or G2A. I actually read his conversation with 'DRENO21' earlier, but apparently I wasn't paying enough attention.

And yes, I do agree that informing fellow traders is worthwhile, and so is discussing downright suspicious behaviour. I'm just very cautious about naming people because of the obvious damage we could do to new traders and scaring good people away, which would be a shame considering the influx of scammers and trolls lately.

Here's an idea: Maybe we should start adding tags to posts or something (like ''SCAM', 'ATTEMPTED SCAM' or 'SUPSICIOUS BEHAVIOUR'? So it becomes more clear from the outset what kind of activity we've experienced?
I am confused. Supplementscene obviously got the keys (TWAU, BTTF) from the recent humble bundle so it's understandable that he wants to get rid of the rest of the bundle. O.K. he suggested G2A keys but only as ONE possibility so the other one could get the better price. So far it's hard for me to see a scammer here.

I do wonder why he contacted specific people about his trade even though he did not even had access to a tradelist of them. But I don't think that would be enough to qualify someone as a scammer.
Post edited June 19, 2016 by MarkoH01
JunglePredator: Well just had this conversation out of the blue for a game that's not on my wishlist & actually already have thanks to trading & talking to people a couple months back so found the offer odd considering the only active offer I have is an action game :

supplementscene
00:33
Hi, I have a Wolf Among Us key I'm looking to trade for other adventure games

JunglePredator
00:34
Sure... what are you after?

supplementscene
00:37
I'm not sure did you delete your Have list or is it just I can't locate it?

JunglePredator
00:41
I don't have a have list right now

That's where it ended.... sooooo... nothing that's out right a scam attempt but perhaps keep an eye out.
His register date is Nov. 2015.
I have a grand total of 4 keys listed on the trading thread and searched the trading thread for people who requested the 4 games I have. At 1 stage you did hence you got a pm.

Happy to post keys first with anyone with a trading history but it doesn't look like anyone needs them, hey ho.
Post edited June 19, 2016 by supplementscene