It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Remember when one of them dressed up as Snow White and tried to light one of his farts? XD

Oh wait......that was me.
toxicTom: And... did it work? Is it on Youtube?
Kind of.
tinyE: Kind of.
So that was the guy standing behind you? No wonder Tauto is pissed...

:-D
Why bother trying to reason / have a humane conversation with these scammers? I understand people are trying to "get" why they do this, but ultimately, it's like trying to ask a high-school dropout (edit: or a drug addict, if they are doing this solely for fun) why he's relying on pickpocketing instead of getting a job and earning money the legit way. They probably acknowledge they're not doing the right thing but that it's the only thing they're good at in life. You wouldn't try to train a dog use the toilet instead of shitting in the bushes, so why bother waste time with this particular folk. Just report them when they are about and leave it at that. Don't try to be a psychologist and give them the attention they wouldn't otherwise receive. That's my opinion at least.
Post edited February 14, 2016 by DProject
BranjoHello: Not at all...here.
HypersomniacLive: Cheers. And I assume that you never heard of them after that last message of yours?
Exactly the case.
algirdexas699: ...
toxicTom: Please note it's BranjoHeIIo with two capital i, impersonating cherished forum member BranjoHello with two L.

Since this is a pretty obvious attempt at fraud, I've sent a message to Firek. Judas is offline, hopefully getting some well deserved rest :-)

algirdexas699, could you please send a report (with screenshot) to support, pointing out the name change scam?
Thank you. I was so confused (and worried) since BranjoHello is on my friendlist and I do remember that we had some talk a long time ago.
@scammers (you know who you are)
I just read the last few pages and you told us that you do it for "the kick" of it. But where on earth is the achievement to simply lie to someone? There is nothing else you do. You are telling that you are trading something and then you don't fulfill your part of the promise. Not very hard - everybody can do this. There is nothing - absolutely nothing remarkable about it. Stealing a car, breaking and entering, making big money as a con man - yes, that would need some intelligence and wit. But lying is just lame - a 5 year old could do it. Lying to people who are good and who want to help other people is even more lame and only shows that you cannot even value those people. No, I don't get it. A bunch of liars, probably not even grown ups, feeling big and getting some sort of kick. Won't understand it and to be honest don't even want to. Do something remarkable and big and maybe this would impress somebody but those kind of things are just kid stuff. At least that is my opinion about this whole "scamming" thing.
MarkoH01: @scammers (you know who you are)
a 5 year old could do it
Exactly. That's who these assholes are.
http://gogwiki.com/wiki/Known_Scammers

I am just gonna bump the thread with this, so new people who make recent threads can be aware to a degree, I wouldn't like to make a stand alone thread for this considering it already exists and I wouldn't like to be targeted and taken down my RP that I rather worked hard for (I remember when I lost 20 points a year ago, that left with a fucking mark on my leg) so that people think I am part of the 2015 period of explosive alt accounts, I don't want that.
low rated
GioVio123: http://gogwiki.com/wiki/Known_Scammers

I am just gonna bump the thread with this, so new people who make recent threads can be aware to a degree, I wouldn't like to make a stand alone thread for this considering it already exists and I wouldn't like to be targeted and taken down my RP that I rather worked hard for (I remember when I lost 20 points a year ago, that left with a fucking mark on my leg) so that people think I am part of the 2015 period of explosive alt accounts, I don't want that.
But,but it's just a meaningless number.
I'm in the midst of trading quite a few games with a person by the name of Impaier26. The deal has started to seem rather fishy. I just noticed, after trading only 3 keys and asking for one or two in return as a security measure that another "ImpaLer26" resides further down my chat listing. I have our messages recorded in the case (which seems highly probable now) that I'm being duped. This is my first time trading, and I did look up ImpaLer26 before initiating the trade. I just noticed that usernames are in all caps in the chat listing.

Crap.

Will update if trade goes well, but I'm doubting that it will.

Not to sound too critical, because I absolutely love what the staff do here, but GOG should really do a bit of work on their chat system. Namely, displaying usernames in chat in true case letters instead of all capital. They're even in all caps in the messages listing. Duped again :) Ain't life grand?

He is also refusing to verify the one or two codes I mentioned after trading my three.
Post edited February 20, 2016 by Terrapin2190
Terrapin2190: I'm in the midst of trading quite a few games with a person by the name of Impaier26. The deal has started to seem rather fishy. I just noticed, after trading only 3 keys and asking for one or two in return as a security measure that another "ImpaLer26" resides further down my chat listing. I have our messages recorded in the case (which seems highly probable now) that I'm being duped. This is my first time trading, and I did look up ImpaLer26 before initiating the trade. I just noticed that usernames are in all caps in the chat listing.

Crap.

Will update if trade goes well, but I doubt it will.

Not to sound too critical, because I absolutely love what the staff do here, but GOG should really do a bit of work on their chat system. Namely, displaying usernames in chat in true case letters instead of all capital. They're even in all caps in the messages listing. Duped again :) Ain't life grand?
Ugh, really sorry to hear you were burned during trading here. Not sure if GOG will ever get around to changing how they display users in chat, but I believe a GOG community member had the same thought as you - take a look at Adalia Fundamentals, I've read that this user script has the exact feature you're looking for.
Post edited February 20, 2016 by expopower
Terrapin2190: I'm in the midst of trading quite a few games with a person by the name of Impaier26. The deal has started to seem rather fishy. I just noticed, after trading only 3 keys and asking for one or two in return as a security measure that another "ImpaLer26" resides further down my chat listing. I have our messages recorded in the case (which seems highly probable now) that I'm being duped. This is my first time trading, and I did look up ImpaLer26 before initiating the trade. I just noticed that usernames are in all caps in the chat listing.

Crap.

Will update if trade goes well, but I doubt it will.

expopower: Ugh, really sorry to hear you were burned during trading here. Not sure if GOG will ever get around to changing how they display users in chat, but I believe a GOG community member had the same thought as you - take a look at Adalia Fundamentals, I've read that this user script has the exact feature you're looking for.
Thanks for the concern and the info. That's pretty neat. I'm still reading, but I assume it's something you can apply with advanced browser settings?? I'll read on to see what this is all about :)

That would have been a sweet trade too. (Will STILL update if trade goes well)

Just some cheapies from the GOG sale for a pile of somewhat decent Steam titles. Oh well.
*snip*
I'm sorry to hear that you've been scammed! Apparently one of those lousy scammers is impersonating me.

Notice that i have a lower case "L" in my name and my join date is October 2012. I'll send you a chat message so you can see that it wasn't me who scammed you.
Terrapin2190: ...
Sent a ticket to support pointing here since neither Judas nor Firek seem to be online atm.
I decided to stop all trading on GOG and deleted my trade list so at least the scammer can't use that anymore:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread/post6

DO NOT SEND ANY KEYS TO SOMEONE CALLED "impaier26" IN CHAT!!!