It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We have a very special surprise for all fantasy game fans! Be sure to visit our Twitch channel today, at 9 PM UTC, and witness our stream team play Talisman Adventures RPG in the following line-up: Arvan Eleron (as the Dungeon Master), DarkSaber2k, PeripheralMike, TastyChai, and Piran Jade.

This upcoming tabletop title from Pegasus Spiele is based on the cult Talisman board game! Today's session is just the first of many exciting ones we plan for the coming months. To begin with, our team will introduce you to the rich world of the game, as well as its mechanics, along with character creation. There’s going to be a lot of fun, so feel invited!

That’s not all! For those adventurers who wish to start an adventure with Talisman, we’ve prepared a special set of discounts on the board game’s digital version and its numerous DLCs, lasting until 29th January 2021, 2 PM UTC.
Untill today, I thought that Paradox had the most DLCs for its games :-p
r8V9b1X3u9VcA12p: Untill today, I thought that Paradox had the most DLCs for its games :-p
Have you seen that train sim game with over 700 DLC, which is about $15,000 USD at full price.
high rated
Give us Complete Edition or "no, thanks".
Or some "Almost Complete, But At Least Reasonable Collection".
r8V9b1X3u9VcA12p: Untill today, I thought that Paradox had the most DLCs for its games :-p
Mean.Jim: Have you seen that train sim game with over 700 DLC, which is about $15,000 USD at full price.
Ha, I just checked that, never heard of it before, it's crazy. They are like DLC-wagons and your wallet is the locomotive.
I'm honestly at a loss as to why this is a thing (the Talisman RPG, not the stream specifically). As fun as Talisman can be as a "fuck your friends over for the lulz" board game, I can't imagine there were too many people clamoring for a TTRPG based upon its rather boilerplate, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink high fantasy world.
One more thing for Games Workshop to push minis for, I guess.
GOG.com: [...] we’ve prepared a special set of discounts on the board game’s digital version and its numerous DLCs, [...].
That partner page is still missing the Pathfinder, Pilgrim and Ranger characters (and the Martyr is listed all the way at the bottom of the page -- far away from the rest of the character DLC -- for no apparent reason).

I'd advise anyone thinking about buying Talisman: Digital Edition to just get the base game at first. Every week, there's a different expansion that's free to try from within the game. This is an excellent way of both getting used to each expansion in isolation and seeing which ones you like enough to buy. (This is definitely not a game where you need every piece of DLC for it to be fun or feel "complete"; in fact, I've mostly heard that the game is practically unplayable with all expansions and DLC enabled.) Besides, Talisman seems to go on sale about once a month, so you probably won't have long to wait for your next opportunity to pick up DLC at a discount. :P
Post edited January 26, 2021 by HunchBluntley
Can we instead please explore the magical world of GOG learning how to not promote DLC-milking crap? Maybe with a stop over in learning how to treat customers with respect and not lie to their faces land? That'd be nice.
Post edited January 26, 2021 by ReynardFox
Ah, the game that is actually spelled
TTTTaaaaaaliiiiismmmmaaaan and you'll have to buy each letter separately.

No thanks.
Mean.Jim: Have you seen that train sim game with over 700 DLC, which is about $15,000 USD at full price.
Or Flight Simulator X. Which may be more expensive including all DLC than buying an actual aeroplane. Silly business.
Post edited January 27, 2021 by jorlin
jorlin: Or Flight Simulator X. Which may be more expensive including all DLC than buying an actual aeroplane. Silly business.
It makes sense, in the world of simulators. Just think of the base game as mainly being the engine, including one "official" game built on it. Ideally, out of a good extension you'll get as much as out of a stand-alone simulator developed fully from scratch. Except that not every add-on developer has to re-invent the wheel, they can focus on models, systems and scenarios rather than having to implement a complete engine and phyiscs model from scratch, which more often than not ends in disaster.

IMO, when people sum up the cost of all DLC for a game like Train Simulator or Flight Simulator, what they're doing is essentially the same as summing up the cost of all games based on the Unreal engine. It's not meant to be a collection that you complete, you just pick the titles you're interested in. Maybe there's not even a hard drive big enough to install Train Simulator with all existing add-ons :D
Doing homework on whether or not you want to buy a game is hard enough, having to dig into 100 DLC is absurd.

Imagine trying to buy this game and DLC on epic, it would literally take you a month.
Imagine trying to figure out if any of the DLC is missing on GOG, or if they are out of date compared to other platforms.

It's also a dumb thing as far as marketing, how can you market anything for this game? If you had a complete package, you could market it easily and more effectively. As of now, it's a complete mess and I have as much interest in this as I do trying to figure which Stellaris I'm supposed to buy.

Good day sir.
Post edited January 28, 2021 by Swissy88
Swissy88: Doing homework on whether or not you want to buy a game is hard enough, having to dig into 100 DLC is absurd.

Imagine trying to buy this game and DLC on epic, it would literally take you a month.
Imagine trying to figure out if any of the DLC is missing on GOG, or if they are out of date compared to other platforms.

It's also a dumb thing as far as marketing, how can you market anything for this game? If you had a complete package, you could market it easily and more effectively. As of now, it's a complete mess and I have as much interest in this as I do trying to figure which Stellaris I'm supposed to buy.

Good day sir.
The game does have a very interesting feature, though.
If you're playing online and only have the base game (without any DLC) if you join a game where the host has the DLCs, you'll get access to the features of the DLCs (characters, scenarios, etc).

If you've any interest in the game I'd suggest you buy the base game to try it (since it's so cheap), which I just recently did. If you like it and want to play solo, then you can buy more DLCs along the road. But if your main interest is multiplayer, then you can just join games hosted by folks who have the extra features. The only issue is that I think you need Galaxy to play online, though.

Just my suggestion.