It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.

1. Organiser: GOG sp z o.o., ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warsaw, Poland (referred to throughout this terms as the “Organiser”, “we”, “us” and “our”).

2. Competition Description. You may enter the competition by posting about which game available on GOG.COM you would like to play during the long winter nights. This has to be an original entry (text, image or video) in the comments under the contest announcement post on GOG.COM, under the contest announcement post on Facebook or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag. We will pick the best 3 entries and we may also award 10 consolation prizes.

3. Prize(s).
a) The 1st winner will be awarded the following prize: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described (total retail value of 260 USD).
b) The 2nd and 3rd winner will be awarded the following prize: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described (total retail value of 160 USD each).
c) We may also award 10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM (retail value 20 USD each).
The hardware prizes are funded and delivered by CORSAIR while game prizes are funded and delivered by GOG.

4. Competition Duration and Deadline. The Competition begins on December 27th, 2019 and will end on January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST inclusive (“Closing Date”). All competition entries must be received by the Organiser by the end of the Closing Date to be valid to be valid and no liability is accepted for illegible, incomplete, lost or late entries.

5. Eligibility. You must be aged 18 or over at the time of entry in order to enter this competition. No purchase necessary. You must enter the competition yourself. You must comply with the laws that apply to you in the location that you access the competition from. If any laws applicable to you restrict or prohibit you from entering the competition, you must comply with those legal restrictions or, if applicable, refrain from entering the competition.

6. Additional requirements: You promise that all of the information which you provide to us in connection with this competition shall be and shall remain complete and accurate. You promise that your entry will not contain anything (i) that is or could reasonably be viewed as harmful, harassing, defamatory, libellous, obscene or invasive of another’s privacy; or (ii) which you do not have a right to make available lawfully (including any material which infringes the rights of any other).

7. Prize conditions. Prizes are not negotiable, exchangeable, transferable and have no cash alternative. The winner(s) will be contacted via Twitter/Facebook/GOG.COM forum instant messaging and announced on the GOG.COM Forum within one week of the Closing Date. The winner(s) will have seven (7) days to confirm whether he or she accepts the prize and to provide a postal address to which the hardware prize(s) will be sent (if applicable) and/or the GOG.COM account the prize will be awarded to (in case of other prizes) or any additional data that may be required for the purpose of meeting legal and tax requirements. If the winner(s) fails to contact us within that deadline or provide required data or refuses to accept the prize, we retain the right to award such prize to another runner(s) or to refrain from awarding this particular prize. We have the right to substitute any prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value.

8. Excluded participants and entries. Employees of the Organisers, its holding or subsidiary companies, its agents or suppliers or anyone else professionally connected with the competition, or members of their families or households. The Organiser will not admit entries which: are automatically created by a computer or bot or script or other automated technology, created in bulk, fraudulent, have been altered or forged or tampered with, made on behalf of another person, or made by hacking, cheating or deception, which are racist, xenophobic, sexist, defamatory or otherwise offensive, illegal or which generally in Organiser’s reasonable opinion are inappropriate to admit or contrary to these terms and conditions.

9. Selection of winners. The winner(s) will be selected by a panel of judges based on creativity, originality and the highest quality. The decision of the panel is final.

10. Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights: The Organiser does not claim any rights of ownership in your competition entry. By submitting your entry, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free and irrevocable right to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for our marketing or other commercial purposes.

11. Data protection: By entering this competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry will be held and used by GOG sp. z o.o. based in Poland (ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warsaw). We will use this data only for the purpose of administering this competition - i.e. contacting you, assessing your submissions, awarding and delivering prizes and announcing the results as well as for the purposes of meeting any applicable legal or tax reporting requirements. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. You understand and accept that we may share your contact details with Corsair Components Inc. in California as the suppliers of a prize (for hardware prizes) for delivery purposes only. Corsair Components Inc. will not keep your data for marketing purposes. Submission of personal data is voluntary, however necessary for participation in the Competition. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, correct and delete information about you or the right to limit processing only to certain operations. You may also ask us to transfer your data or tell us you do not want us to process it at all. More details may be found in GOG.com Privacy Policy.

12. Tax: If necessary under applicable laws, the Prizes may be supplemented with cash prize equal to the tax due on the prize. In such case, the cash prize will be deducted and paid as tax due under the applicable laws. In some cases the winner may be obliged to pay taxes on the prize under local regulations of the country the winner is a resident of. We are not be obliged to provide guidance in this respect.

13. Limitation of liability: Insofar as is permitted by law, the Organiser, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner(s) or runner(s)-up or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Organiser, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. The Organiser will NOT accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit for any reason or in any way.

14. Social media: You acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch or YouTube. You agree to release Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch and YouTube from any responsibility to you in relation to the competition.

15. General: (a) We may wish to transfer all or a part of our rights under these terms to someone else without obtaining your consent. You agree that we may do so provided that the transfer does not significantly disadvantage you. (b) If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Organiser may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition; (c) The Organiser reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so; and (d) These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Poland and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Poland.

16. Questions? Please contact support@gog.com
Disco Elysium. What I've understood, this game has something new going on. I like the art and the whole audio/visual-marriage in this game. Now that the weather is turning cold for a while, this would be an ideal game to concentrate under a blanket and with some hot bewerage.
Almost certainly, my game would be Witcher III. The huge amount of things to do and places to explore would be the perfect companion on long, winter nights. Although I'm not a card game fan, I could find myself taking some time to learn some Gwent as well, beyond the basics that are needed to progress in the game.
Doom II. Endless custom levels and modding potential, including child-age appropriate mods for when family visits. :) Spoon and zorch, anyone?
PC Building Simulator

1. Build PC in-game
2. Play games on in-game PC
3. ???
4. Profit

#MyWinterGame
Probably Age of Wonders: Planetfall
Amazing tactical battles and enough content to keep you inmersed for a whole season.
You just repeat to yourself: "One more turn and I go to bed" and by the time you realize the hour, it's summer again.
A game which has caught my eye some time ago is Ultimate General: Civil War. I am a big fan of war history and the American civil war has a special place in my heart. I have spent countless hours playing the predecessor game (Ultimate General: Gettysburg) as well as Sid Meier's Gettysburg and have been waiting for good offer on this game. I find the idea of playing through the Civil War very fascinating and would spend many sleepless nights living the experience endured by so many ordinary Union and Confederate generals.
Post edited December 27, 2019 by Jonni
Absofreakinglutly Darksider 3. Killing hellish demons as feeling the warmth of the Apocalypse.
Might and Maguc 7

Though it was aging when it came out, I have been drawn to this game fir the past 30 years. The customizability of characters and classes (along eith the gentle learning curve) makes me want to try everything, including having four archers with no healers. :)
Stay awhile and listen! Diablo is an awesome great to play throughout the winter: put on a nice headphone to listen to some chilling music, have an extra mouse and patience to relive that 90's click-and-slash vibe to build up your avatar until you kill the ultimate evil and then watch a great plot twist that will make you wonder why the hell isn't Diablo II on GOG.
What is winter and how does it feel?
I think Beyond Good and Evil.

Great memories about this game.
Played on Xbox long ago but don't find the time to surrender to it again unfortunitly.
I loved the total gameplay and the searching for animals.
This would be a game that i want to play for a long time if nothing else is possible.
I already have this game for a while but i just don't have the time now to go through it fully.

Keep on going strong GoG ;).
Well, everytime i hear talking about it i want to replay it, and in winter with less hours of light it's even easier to have the right atmosphere...i'm talking about Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

The emotions and immersive roleplay in the story and the setting of the world of darkness are invaluable and make up for some of the bugs present in this flawed masterpiece (many of them died by the hands of a lovefond community who still patches the game after all these years from the release date), and the gameplay is aged well, like a good wine, talking about drinks ruby as blood. With it's high replay value and different endings and options to do stuff it's a game i would suggest it without hesitation for passing a long cold winter playing, and not only to rpg fans, i'm pretty sure it can be a funny experience for who usually plays other genres alike. And, talking about this winter, it can even heat the atmosphere by rising the hype for bloodlines 2, the sequel coming finally out in 2020.
Planescape: Torment.

It was just about twenty years ago that I first tried to play that game, and realized I was going to have to choose between playing it and getting some sleep. In the intervening years I have consistently failed to follow through on my resolve to get back to it. Maybe if I was stuck with it for the whole season I would finally run out of excuses. (It's good for a few playthroughs, right?)