It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
Lets go back to some old school gaming with Diablo Hellfire a game i could easily play for hour's and hours again =)
If once you have played Parkitect on a long winter night
You'll never be quite the same;
You may look as you looked the day before
And go by the same old name,
You may bustle about on forum and thread
You may sit at home and post,
But you'll see rollercoasters and thrilling rides
Wherever your feet may go.
You may chat with the neighbors of this and that
And close to your fire keep,
But you'll hear cart rattle and sounds of cheer
And visitors throng through your sleep.
Oh! You won't know why and you can't say how
Such a change upon you came,
But once you have played Parkitect on a long winter night,
You'll never be quite the same.

Adapted from Rachel Lyman Field - If Once You Have Slept On An Island

So yeah, if I'm only able to play one thing for all the coming long winter nights, it'd have to be a builder. I love games that feature exploration and combat and all that, but for really long time investments, only builders keep me going for the long haul, and of those I don't own yet, Parkitect is the one which currently holds the highest appeal.

Thanks for the contest, and particularly for making the forum a valid venue for it, equivalent to social media!
Post edited December 28, 2019 by gogtrial34987
No Man's Sky.
If it's a long winter night then you need a game that you have to spend lots of time on. Perfect game really.
Divinity 2 of course.
Diablo would be my pick. Back in the day when original game was released I was in school and played it in the internet cafe when everyone else was playing Quake games. Would love dive in and bring back the memories of this amazing game and that period now at home with my own family #MyWinterGame

Pozdrawiam
S.
My pick would be Divinity 2 ofcourse. The game with the best narration and exceptional story is the best to stay home and play at long winter nights.
Perfect for experiencing Greedfall.

Long winter nights feel otherworldly. The cold outside presses in on the warmth in my room, creating a sense of isolation and magic. The quiet darkness stills my swarming thoughts. I am free.

I can imagine the urgency as we sail to Teer Fradee, hope burning in our hearts. Eager to find a cure. Eager to find treasure and magic and, most of all, to explore this new world. And, of course, there’s the monsters to kill. I mean, that’s nice, too.
Fallout: New Vegas is my pick.
There's nothing that I'd rather play in a long winter night than Fallout.

:)
Probably a new game and either an RPG or Strategy game. Of the new games I think I would most likely go for Foundation. I love the city building/world building type games and can spend many hours over many days just completely absorbed in them.
On the long, winter night I would play Darkest Dungeon again. This game is so rich, so well paced and yet so cozy. The art and mood remind me of calm chimney and falling snow outside.
If I had to choose a single entry from my GOG library to spend all those long and cold winter nights, I'm pretty sure of the answer: Civilization IV!

Not only Civ IV offers hundreds and hundreds of hours to last until the end of winter (and spring, and summer...). It's the crown jewel of game design: easy to get into, very hard to master. I have never stopped learning new gimmicks and strategies throughout the years, and I hope it stays that way. It would also let me practice some world domination skills in case I, uhm, ever need to use them when winter is gone. ;)

If (big if) I ever got bored of the basic game (including the two expansions, from a time when expansions were a full-fledged event that added significantly to the game experience), then I could turn to the dozens and dozens of mods that the community has and is still releasing. Some of them are so complex and fleshed out that they have basically become their very own games (I'm looking at you, Fall From Heaven II -and many others). Not to mention the official scenarios that add special challenges.

Again, if even that wasn't enough (extremely big if), the Complete Edition on GOG comes with Civilization IV: Colonization, the standalone remake of the classic 90s game. I admit I didn't enjoy it as much as the original, but if we are talking of an apocalypse-like situation where I don't access to any other games, I'd surely give it a try from time to time.

With some many alternatives it feels a little like cheating, like I choose more than just one game... But hey, you were the one to say to pick a title from the GOG library. ;)
Post edited December 28, 2019 by ConsulCaesar
#MyWinterGame would definetly be The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt... Because it's honestly one of the most entertaining and enticing games I've ever played.
Cyberpunk 2077. Not being able to play the game would be perfect because I really need to work on my thesis right now.
Post edited December 28, 2019 by SunTzu_
Witcher series
Fallout 2 of course, become a made man of each of the families and slowly cause them to implode from the inside =)