It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
Secret of Monkey Island because is the best game ever
If their is any game that I can lose myself in it is Dragon Age Origins. I know its an old game but this is Good Old Games (GOG) and well out every game I have on my old PS3 its the one that had the most play time. Just something about the being the Warden and fighting to save Fereldan.
Freespace 2. It's a great game that still holds up after twenty years (especially with the enhancements from the Freespace Open project) and it's got an ass-tonne of mods, many of which are full campaigns in their own right. It should be more than enough to keep me busy until spring.
Cyberpunk 2077
GREETINGS BATTLE BROTHERS!

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE COMING WINTER, THERE IS ONLY WAR(hammer 40,000: Gladius).

NOTHING SAYS, "I venerate the immortal Christmas spirit of the God-Emperor and his Angels of Death", QUITE LIKE AMASSING AN ENORMOUS STRIKE TEAM OF LOYAL SPACE MARINES TO PURGE THE ENEMIES OF MANKIND.

THE FIRES OF THE ENEMIES BURNING FORTIFICATIONS WILL BE LIKE WEAK CANDLES NEXT TO THE WARMTH AND HAPPINESS THAT THE EMPEROR BRINGS TO OUR HEARTS DURING THIS HOLIDAY SEASON.

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!
Has to be Witcher 3, especially the GOTY version. Plenty of stuff to do, not just for Winter but probably up to Easter as well.
I received a free copy of Elder Scrolls Daggerfall for purchasing another game here on GOG and I would have to say Daggerfall is one of the best games to sit down with a hot drink and just enjoy for an entire night. The wide open landscapes, multitude of dungeons and procedurally generated content give you a different experience each time and there are so many amazing mods for the game now, it really is just a breathtaking game at times. I love saddling up my horse and just riding off into the wilderness in search of dungeons to raid, and then I can always travel to any nearby town to sell my loot for riches.

I'd definitely say Daggerfall, it's definitely one of the best RPGs out there, even today.
Skyrim for sure, over 400 hours in and I still haven’t finished the main quest, there is always another butterfly in the bushes, leading to another flower to pick, and behind that is the entrance to a grotto I haven’t explored yet ... where was I going again? And where did I park my horse?!? XD
I think I would pick The Witcher 3. It seems like such a vast game before one even starts the extra dlcs. Different locales with varying environments would break up the monotony that is a dreary winter.

#MyWinterGame
Post edited December 28, 2019 by Abyssion
As a casual gamer likes to "take a break" in front of the screen from time to time, Sim City 3000 would be just the way to do that. I know, this game is over 15 years old, but over the years, I couldn't find a game in this genre that I enjoy more.

Now that I think about it: it really is a good old game. :-p
Definately Cyberpunk 2077 because it's gonna be the best game of 2020! I can't wait to play it!
Fallout New Vegas! It's a classic and my favorite Fallout game!
Colonization, because it would keep me just-one-more-turning "all night long".
GOG.com: Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
I'd probably go with Mount and Blade: Warband. I first commented saying Planescape: Torment, but Warband has a degree of dynamics which pretty much guarantee a new experience every time you play. In fact, I may not even be able to finish the game during these nights because of the inherent dificulty, which I love.
Post edited December 28, 2019 by mega_poronga
Hmm, I think I'd have to go with Starbound. I've spent hundreds of hours in it, just derping around exploring already, haven't even really made a home yet. With the absurd number of places to go, and the ability to play it coop if I wanted, I could definitely see me spending all Winter playing it.