It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
My choice is FTL: Faster Than Light.

This game beats me every time I play it and each one game I lose, I know I had an option to play better, more thoughtful and strategic. But I know I'm capable to beat it, I made it once and you might call it a lucky run, but it was delightful experience to finally beat the boss.

Long winter nights are perfect resemblance to the feeling of your lonely ship travelling through vast space, your desolate journey in a quest for survival and adventure. I'm certain - when the Spring finally comes, I'll beat FTL once again! :-)
I think I would pick Queens Wish by Spiderweb Software. I have been playing these games since Exile many years ago. I just love the story behind the games and I really get into them. It is fun to explore and build up my characters.
Was amused to see a Christmas theme pop up in Shadow Warrior 2. Something festive about slashing a package.
No Man's Sky is my pick if I only had one game to play during long winter nights. Despite being cozy in my home, I could embark on an epic voyage, find my own destiny and share my journey, whatever that might mean, because that is what playing videogames is about. ;)
Probably Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Coming from the long line of Black Isle and Bioware RPGs, the inspiration is not only nostalgic but also an evolution of a formula that served to tell many stories well. Should finish Pillars of Eternity and its White March first though but at this stage having more queued games than hours in a day is a given.
Mine would be "Thief: Gold."
I believe I own 5 copies of this game when I include my many boxed copies. The reason is because I have never gotten tired of playing this game. I also played the sequels and loved them, but "Thief: Gold" remains my first experience with the series, and thus it is the game that blew my mind the most. It did everything right, to my mind.
Diablo + Hell fire for sure! A game series that I have loved for as long as I can remember finally having it's "lost game" patched and put on PC was such a treat.
Mine would definitely be Stronghold. First game I played on PC (when <50 gb of storage for a PC was normal) and I still keep playing to this day. Happy to get the remaster here and play it like good old days ^^
I would choose Queen's Wish. Spiderweb games weave such an interesting mix of fantasy, exploration, and adventure. You can immerse yourself in an epic adventure as the night becomes the dawn.
Is there anywhere a list with games that cost less than 3.30 Euros in this sale? 3.30 Euros ist the rest of my Paysafecard and I want to spend it before the sale ends, but I cannot find anything, not even with the filter "less than 5 Euros" applied, because it only gives me the Soundtrack of "Assault Spy", but not a single game. Seems as if this filter only works with the base prices, not with reduced sale prices.
'Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games'

How about 'to fully immerse yourself into great stories'? Winter nights, a blanket, hot chocolate and a good book perhaps? Or a fascinating movie?

But no, you want more. You have always wanted more. You love books but they are not enough. You want... no, you need more than just your imagination. And a movie? That will take so little time, and we are talking about long winter nights. What about the following night, or the night after?

Your desire for adventure and a thrilling story is insatiable. You need to feel the action, the adrenaline and all kinds of emotions. You need to be in control of your own story. Go big or go home.

But you are home... and I understand you, I know you. Because I am you and I am a gamer. For me there is no other way but forward, never turning back, never giving up.

It is time to choose. Choose wisely for this is the game that will let you travel far, in worlds you have only dreamed of. You will not be the same again as it will change you and the way you think.

If you want it now, then go for it Witcher. The Wild Hunt rides the sky with every full moon.

But if you can wait, then be patient Samurai because this city will burn and it will be breathtaking...
Only have one game to play from GOG.com's large library? Nothing's better than spending the long winter nights with a long action RPG, like Tokyo Xanadu eX+. 40+ hours of content to play, will keep me content throughout winter, as well as multiple characters to play as. Exploring through dungeons and farming for better equipment, while creating social links with your party members, sounds like a fun time. With it being a 'definitive edition,' there will be tons of new scenarios and modes to play through, so it will definitely keep me active during the Holidays.
My choice would be Stardew Valley. I love planning out the farm, especially after the new update and having my 8-year-old daughter as a helper gives even more satisfaction. We've already made playthroughs with specialized farms (farming, animal herding, trees only, cave exploration with limited farming) and are eager to find new ways to play the vanilla game before going into modding. A great way to spend time during winter evenings with children.
If the answer of cyberpunk is allowed I would definitely choose it, I have been waiting for this game since the first trailer blew my mind, I have loved the cyberpunk aesthetic, since blade runner, and i couldn't ask for a better dev team to handle a "dream game".

If not, I would love to give No man's Sky a try, I generally love space based sci-fi games and their team has done a lot to improve upon it since release. I'm sure there is many hours worth of adventure and exploration.
I would play cuphead 100% for 100% graphic art and difficulty can never play me and squeezing the game to the fullest in all its difficulties and playing it from time to time so that it doesn't bore me the truth is my choice