It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
No doubt here. During long winter nights best game to play is The Witcher 3. Now with the TV series even more pleasure with this game. Happy 2020 for everyone!
Star Citizen

There's so many instances where I just pause and take in the surroundings.
It doesn't require constant attention or concentration so it's not too tiring.
One can easily dump dozens of hours into the game without it getting boring.
Also, nothing beats space!

(It also makes the wait for CP2077 easier, see attachments :D)
Attachments:
Disco Elysium

Because, in a manner of speaking, Disco Elysium has been here since the dawn of time. Every winter. Since before the Earth cooled enough for the very concept of changing seasons.

It finally emerged from its ethereal domain by transcending the cosmos, in 2019, using the ape brains of a few humanoid developers as a gateway to this place in time and space.

Disco
Elysium

Say it out loud. Say it with me in a whisper. Hear the words summon themselves for your chilly winter enjoyment, from a faraway technicolor oasis. Yes, that one, full of color AND coloUr. The one that does not discriminate against class or creed or however you want to transcribe visual concepts into textual form.

Disco
Elysium

Because if you want to play that one game, but you can't, then don't worry, it's already playing you. In the background, in the shadows behind the curtains, pulling all the right threads and strings to shape your world and guide you through the cold and lonely winter nights.

Disco. Elysium.

Funny. I thought I prefered metal.
#MyWinterGame Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition. Reason? Because I think that I would liked the game (similar to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt) + I'm Czech.
I would pick Pathfinder: Kingmaker-explorer's Edition.

Because on those long cold days and nights you want a game that draws you in and distracts you from how cold it is. Plus when things go badly in the game, something you can restart easily enough with a new character.
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 for sure.
//---GameSelector.fun---//
//---file: _wintercontest.gog;
//---Purpose
Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?
//---Preprocessing
_winter lenght: 89 days;
_play time: 9:00 p.m. --> 0:00 a.m.;
_play/night: 3 hours/night;
_needed longevity: 267 hours;
_tollerance setting: 0.001;
//---Requirements
_hundreds of hours of longevity;
_replayability;
_exciting and funny;
//---Processing
_step1724... The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt... PASSED;
_step1725... TES 3: Morrowind... PASSED;
_step1726... Divinity Original Sin... PASSED;
_step1727... Divinity Original Sin 2... PASSED;

**WARNING**
Analysis do NOT converge;
Cannot find a solution for _step1728;
Analysis cancelled;
TOO MANY MATCHES FOUNDED!

//---Output
**ERROR**
//---Notes
Searching among thousands of excellent available titles is difficult! My unlucky program failed! Relying only on rationality to choose is not always correct. Feelings and emotions must play a role in all decisions by supporting reason. So I add another requirement: Co-op mode.
In the cold winter nights it's more pleasant to spend time together. But it's not enought yet.
I have already played the first chapter of Divinity: Original Sin with my brother. We shared laughts, shouts, nervousness, fun. Our room saw us yelling at huge monsters that devoured us in one bite! I loved the style, the characters, magic, the turn-base combat. You have the time to decide your moves, managing four characters with caution and immersing yourself in the fight, comparing strategies. How many times did we miscalculate the distances? How many times did we blow ourselves up? A lot XD!
The choiche for this winter undoubtedly falls on Divinity: Original Sin 2. Living new battles, developing effective strategies in fights which are always different and challenging, exploring high detailed maps. Nothing better than railing again at a huge worm of the abyss (I saw it in the screenshots of the game XD)!

Greetings from Italy and a happy new year to everyone!
What spawns high and low, far and wide exploration territory?
What let's you play, or get down to work, rough and dirty?
Whose personalities catch you in a marvellous enchantment?

All those answers travel the same path, but it's our choices that unravel their ending.
The hunt is wild, the prophecy sure to be fulfilled. A story full of fights, love, caution and mystery entrails our mind, waiting for us to take the challenge.

The clues can't be ignored... Our vessel's hair is white as snow, so what better indication that this is the journey that I would take if, this year, I could only play one game during long winter nights? The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition, it is.
Curling up next to a CRT monitor with a cup of tea in hand, playing Grimoire while snowflakes keep falling 'till sunrise. I kinda want to give Cleve his hard earned money, so if you pick me just go straight for the random consolation prize.
Happy New Year everyone!
The game I would pick to spend the winter with would have to be Cyberpunk 2077. It feels like a single game that has a lot to offer on the first playthrough and Cyberpunk 2077 definitely seems to be a game to replay for the various choices and outcome possibilities.
Grant me a game like Cyberpunk 2077 to be alone with for a while.
ELEX

In my opinion a very interesting game, and greatly underestimated. In which there are various zones on the map, and of course there is a winter zone that will give a little winter mood.

Winter evenings are an ideal time to immerse yourself in the game world, Elex has many different and interesting quests, some of them are quite everyday but some will intrigue you.

Also in the game you have to make a difficult choice as it was in the The Witcher series, I like this kind of mechanics in the game, it allows you to go through the game several times and it won’t get bored.

One of the positive features of this game is that you have the opportunity to explore the entire map where you can find beautiful landscapes that can be viewed for a long time as well as small but very interesting places with their own history.

After writing this post I immediately wanted to play, apparently this is a good reason to go through the game again.
Post edited January 01, 2020 by boot_root
We all have favorite games or game types that we love to play. RPG genre is one of my favorites.

Games like the Badur's Gate series, Pillars of Eternity series, Divinity series, Ultima Underworld 1 + 2 and many others are what fuels and excites my imagination.

I'm an avid reader of fantasy and science fiction books so it's not hard to imagine an interest in games that bring these worlds to life. Being able to be the protagonist in your own story, knowing the choices you make can affect the outcome, good or bad. Being able to see the worlds that I could normally only envision in a book. Exploring these world, it's mysteries and all it's secrets and wonders. Living the story, your own and those of the characters inside through quests and sometimes battles. Getting to see what heroes are like and also what the villians are like. Will you save the world or will you be it's doom? Sometimes it's even hard to tell who is who. After all, not every choice we make in a game is heroic or good and not every villianous act we do is truly evil, just sometimes necessary. These games allow us to have adventures that reality would otherwise not permit. Adventures from the safety and comfort of our home. Now all we can hope is the game worlds these wonderful and talented people create is something new and refreshing for our imaginations to savor and delight in.

So what game do I want to try and see if it brings a new adventure to me?

- Torment: Tides of Numenera - Immortal Edition (Why not just the regular edition? Because I'm greedy! lol, j/k..I just thought I'd be nice to have the guide and artwork if this game truly sucks me into the story)

Also, as much as I love GOG for enriching my gaming life, I hope I live long enough to enjoy these RPG games in a Full Immersion Virtual Reality (FIVR) environment that brings living the story to a whole new level. And if we're all really lucky, GOG will carry some or all of these games. :)

Happy New Year and Happy New Decade everyone!
Post edited January 01, 2020 by gog2002x
GOG.com: Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
My own pick would be Trails in the Sky The 3rd, though really, any of the Trails in the Sky games would apply.

It is a decently lengthy RPG, containing numerous NPCs with small personal stories to discover. Its combat system is simple and not very challenging, yet still satisfying to engage with. Its overall plot is straightforward, but well-executed with a fun cast of characters. Its art style and presentation is nostalgic, evoking fond memories of games like Golden Sun. And this is all topped off with an excellent soundtrack that's mostly calm and soothing.

Overall, it is a familiarly warm and cozy experience. Exactly what one needs to pass the time in these cold and dark nights.
Post edited January 02, 2020 by Gandos
Here's what I have to say about this winter's treasured game - better than Frostpunk: Game of the Year edition I can’t imagine! Firstly, this year winter is still disappointing: with almost no snow (where are my cherished 2 meters of clear friable snow); too high temperatures (where are my desired -15/-35 /-60 ° C - last "mark" - that's joke ;)))) or maybe not?..) and of course its impenetrable snowstorms and strong winds. That’s why seeing all of the above in the game is just like a balm to the heart! Secondly, of course – to manage all the survivors after the worldwide cold – isn’t the desire of every gamer? (I don’t know such people who wouldn't take such a chance)!!!
#MyWinterGame
Attachments:
Post edited January 02, 2020 by LifeLover