It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
Vampyr is the game I would play in a winter if I owned this game.

Vampires are cold blooded creatures, combined with the coldness of Christmas Winter, will give you the chills in your bones once you play a game based on them.
Nothing beats a big mug of tea and a mind challenging RTS. Perimeter is one of those even my toaster can handle!
When winter is holding our lands in solid grasp, the best cure is to spend the time of darkness in your cozy, warm and pleasant home. It’s that moment when you’re lying on your favourite bed or sofa, rolled yourself up with blanket like burrito and feeling that pure, pleasant goodness. I like to extend that feeling by choosing adequate game. And there is one title, which serves that purpose well even in the longest, darkest nights of winter.

It’s Eador: Genesis. From the very beginning things are going in the right direction. My humble person is immediately incorporated as one of the „Masters” in the world of dreams and adventure (aside from the fact that it’s fragmented into pieces, but let’s not be picky). I’m starting with my humble castle, hero, some wimpy conscripts and that’s it. World is my oyster, but I need first a good knife and strong arm. So I’m going on adventure – exploring provinces and facing multiple events is like participating in well written, living story. Story, which will also reflect myself in the game’s world, since there matters every spoken word and every deed. It’s a great experience – I can participate in engaging story, bringing both entertainment and reflection upon myself.

And let me tell you something – it’s just a surface. After all, Eador brings also all that fantasy turn-based strategy goodness (tactical combats, spells, building your economy etc) which we know and love in such games like Heroes of Might & Magic, Age of Wonders, Disciples… And Eador of course. And let’s not forget about surprisingly complex cRPG part of the game (in some way more complex than quite a lot of „pure” cRPG games). Eador is a small miracle of gaming – when I feel a bit tired with some activity, I don’t play in other game, I’m just changing the activity in Eador I’m currently focused. And it works every time. Although, I’ve got to be honest – same exploration of provinces (plus making upgrades and buildings to have more powerful warriors and other stuff) is often more than enough to keep me happy. I still remember first time I’ve drowned into my adventure on small world in Eador. I couldn’t have any fancy units or spells, and yet spent hours on this particular activity… And it was tutorial mission. I’ve never met other game than Eador which could provide extreme amount of pleasant gameplay in tutorial mission.

Yep, Eador is a magic land. Charming. Entertaining. And it’s the best place to spend your time, when darkness is trying to take over the world. Fortunately, it won’t succeed, as we, players, will always prevail, with forces of Light on our side.
my pick for one game would be Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition [GOG.com] because it is one of only a few games that can be played for so long and has enought character options to allow replays

p.s, nice of Corsair to step up
My answer would have been Chernobylite, but my hardware does not allow me to play it, so I'd have to live with Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - a perfect title for a winter's cold night of gaming...
If I were to go for a game it has to be the witcher 3, such a large game and due to other commitments unfortunately I am not able to sit around with much free to immerse in this masterpiece. I am still short bursting my way through the DLCs
I would love to play Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

When I was younger, a friend in the college borrowed me the rulebook, where it was explained all the lore of the RPG and I found it so fascinating, especially all the different types of vampires (or clans) that people created aside the original one. I wasn't aware that the vampiric lore was expanded so vast and with such deep, that legitimately it was really nice and cool surprise.

And now I'm very intrigued by all the talk about this game and how well the developer was able to create a very faithful recreation of the RPG, and I really want to take a goof bite of it.
cyberpunk

it's new, sexy and exciting. Just what you need to lose yourself for three months
My pick would be Disco Elysium! Since finishing The Witcher 3 a few years ago no game seems to have been able to scratch my RPG itch quite as well, but recent acclaim for Disco Elysium makes it sound like the perfect candidate to enjoy a hot chocolate with.
I would care for my newborn daughter and if I can find time to play The Witcher 3! I heard many great things about it and it should me last the whole winter with the DLC!
I would pick Syberia 3: The Complete Journey.

It would be the perfect opportunity to surround myself with winterscape, both in the real world and virtual world.
During long winter nights this year I would wait for a while and then I would play Cyberpunk 2077. Nothing better then starts 2020 looking for the bright future of 2077 or maybe not too bright, depends on my decisions.
Post edited January 01, 2020 by Xerlock
The game I would choose is Kingdom Come Deliverance Royal Edition.

Immersion is key to escaping cold wintry nights, and for that I need to believe I am elsewhere. This can’t happen when the escape involves aliens with laser weapons or goblins with magic spells. Modern combat games won’t work either as I can’t accept one man personally despatching armies.

To succeed in escaping, I must resort to the past. The medieval setting of Kingdom Come Deliverance, and the game’s reputation for detail is perfect for this. With period equipment and fighting techniques, I can solve problems as my ancestors did centuries ago.

A game based in feudal times is a great way to overcome solitary gaming sessions. Personal relationships were of the utmost importance in that era. Feudal civilisation was based on chains of allegiance from the lowest peasant to the king or emperor. How could I feel isolated when the game inserts me into this network of fealty?
There is nothing like commanding tanks, infantry and helicopters in the real-time tactics (RTT) game, World in Conflict. It is even better played on a long winter’s night.
Neverwinter Nights. The EE has revitalised the community, countless number of mods to keep you entertained.