It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
I would pick Surviving Mars.

Because if I can learn how to survive in mars, then surviving winter is going to be a piece of cake.
Cuphead is one hard game i would love to play all winter long .
Kerbal Space Program
Space captures our imaginations, and this game captures space. It's inventive, creative and offers a near limitless level of experimentation to the player.
Having tried this game out a couple of times, I can guarantee that I would be liable to spend many nights messing around building rockets and launching space-bound projectiles.
I'd love to spend some cold winter nights playing Kerbal Space Program myself!
#MyWinterGame
My winter days games would be the soon to be release Descent 2019. I remember the original Descent series from years back, they where ground breaking sea-sickening fun. Especially when you turned upside down and couldn't figure out how to 'right' the ship again, so you just flew like that. They 3 axis control where super fun!
I would favour the original Baldur's Gate for long winter nights as it is rather unmatched in terms of lore and gameplay. Combat is simple compared to the mechanics of more modern RPGs but the story carries beautifully. Hours fly by as you try to develop your character and party from squishable nobodies to thumping heroes who fell enemies with a swipe of a blade or blast of magic - until you are wiped out by a crazy powerful boss and then realise that you forgot to save, so will have to play half the dungeon again!

Warning: Playing this game may cause loss of attention to other life essentials like eating and sleeping. Relationship difficulties have also been reported. Please read the manual carefully. Baldur's Gate complies with major legislation but please consult your local regulator / approving body for details. Not suitable for children under the age of 3 due to small moving characters which may be swallowed or mistaken for actual people.
Winter is my favorite season and to enjoy it to the fullest, the Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments game wouldn't be bad since I've always liked mystery and crime games.
And what better way than with the best peripherals in the market.
I would try Witcher 3, never had time to try it yet. :-(
Return of the Obra Dinn. Because what better way is there to spend those winter nights than some murder mysteries. It's almost a tradition to sit down and watch some crime tv shows like Hercule Poirot during winter nights so why not play a game this time instead.
My vote is for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

Certainly not a Christmas-y story, but a rich game with rich lore, and the next best thing to actually playing Skyrim (which sadly isn't on the GOG catalogue).
Cyperpunk 2077, for i simply can't wait for the release, and i'm sure that project red wont let us down. What is better way to spend dark winter nights, than in colorful neon city, in sci-fi like near future? All while sipping hot tea and eating all the leftover candy from xmas. Let the good times roll.
I will play Resident Evil 2 Remake.
I would play Frostpunk. Surviving winter with a challenging game about surviving winter.
In a mystical land on a dark snowy night,
there sat a small house emitting warm light.
Humble and homey with a small cozy fire,
the sole protection from weather that's terribly dire.

The snow was unending and blindingly white,
falling fast and heavy with all of its might.
The wind was unbearable and bitingly cold,
whipping snow here and there, so frightfully bold.

And yet like a beacon the home's fire did glitter,
Cutting through the wind and snow oh so bitter.
Inside its resident brave and true
Tried to decide what next they should do.

"It seems a while before I'll venture outside.
Braving the elements? I can't abide!
I'm not going out there and maybe freezin',
I'll play some Banished to pass the season!

These tiny folk were cast out in the wild,
and the elements there are seldom mild.
Banished for what? I know not their crime,
but it's a perfect way to pass my time.

I'll help them build, farm, and survive,
with a little luck but they'll hopefully thrive!
Dig a great quarry and gather some rock,
cultivate vast orchards and raise up some stock."

Our hero, now resolved, had the most solid of plans,
to spend their time helping their fellow man.
For what better way to beat the cold on your own,
than to help others do too as they so roam.
I would play The Witcher 3 + Addons excessively. Judging from the experience from parts 1 and 2 and what friends told me about part 3, this could keep me busy until spring without me even noticing the cold winter nights.
I would play Disco Elysium. I want to get immersed in a roleplaying world to escape from the weather outside, but I still want to feel a bit cozy, so there can't be too much combat. With multiple path down which the game storyline can go, I could spend at least until Spring exploring them all.