It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
I would have the bravery to do what none of the rest of you would do:
Play Jack Keane 2. Endlessly.
"But Zeo!" you say. "That game doesn't last that long! Howlongtobeat says it's only around 8 hours! Wouldn't you be left with very little for a long while for all those nights?" But I hear not a word as I begin the installation.

Hour 1: The gaming goes smoothly. The jokes are alright.
Hour 5: The fight sequences give trouble and there is minor stuttering, but the gameplay is worthwhile.
Hour 8: Two nights have passed. I have completed my journey. I gaze out of the window at the silvery winter moon as I lean back into my chair, clear my saves, and begin again.
Hour 14: I have decided to take different options and romance a different woman.
Hour 19: The jokes have started to become stale.
Hour 25: I have beaten the game four times now. I know all of the puzzles and it's become faster.
Hour 125: Onlookers scream for me to stop this madness. But I will not yield. They do not understand. None who didn't experience the Keaning can understand. They know not of the bargain and assume it was a mere discount.
Hour 316: My mastery has grown. I practice playing through blindfolded to break the monotony.
Hour 458: Using a knitting needle and thread pulled out of my shirt, I have made three finger puppets to keep me company as I shut out the world. All of them are Jack Keane.
Hour 541: I have learned every piece of dialogue and can recite it line-by-line more accurately than a 15-year-old who discovered Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the first time 3 months ago.
Hour 699: Utilizing every language option in the game, I now know how to speak fluent German. Fluent, that is, assuming the person I'm conversing with is reciting one of the lines from Jack Keane 2.
Hour 870: I have tapped into the source code. I begin to romance the gorilla.
Hour 900: I have begun to quote the game unconsciously, muttering to myself. "What the hell? Where did I get this sponge?" I say out loud, in spite of the fact I have not bathed in a month.
Hour 959: I begin to feel my consciousness fuse with the game. Its pull is inexorable.
Hour 999: There is little hope left. The merging is nearly complete. I can control the glitches. I have begun to clip through my own chair.
Hour 1,000: At last. The equinox has begun. I am free. I gaze out at the greening fields. A single tear falls from my eye. "The ritual is complete. GOG can live another year," I say as my soul returns to my body. None will know of my sacrifice or why I have done what I have done, but His Keaneliness has been appeased. "May Keane be with you," I mutter, opening the front door and blinking into the sunlight, gazing upon the passerby who live ignorant of the One True Keane. "May Keane be with you all." GOG's profit margin returns to the green. Marcin Iwinski's hair supernaturally combs itself for the first time in months.
Its got to be The Whitcher 3. that game is amazing. Shame i do not have Netflix to watch the TV show :(
Going to have to go with The Witcher. I never finished the first game. After watching the Netflix series I have to go and play it. Nothing beat engrossing yourself in a RPG during the cold winter nights.
I'd choose The Elder Scrolls Oblivion. It's one of those games you can return to over and over and you're not stuck with just following the storyline. It's entirely possible to head off in a random direction and get yourself killed almost as soon as you leave the prison dungeon! You can just follow the storyline if you want, but you'll miss out on so much if you do. Explore and die or explore and live, you don't know which it'll be when you head out which is kind of exciting.
Long winter nights and anything from the Witcher series is a combination made in Heaven.
Post edited December 28, 2019 by ashtm
I would say The Elder Scrolls Oblivion where my Elder Scrolls Adventures first started with great game
While there are probably a lot of BETTER games, if I'm stuck with only 1 game for the long winter nights, I think I'd go with Sid Meier's Colonization. Despite strategy never even being my favourite genre, the amount of engrossing replayability in that game is amazing.
Sometimes I find the Fountain of Youth, and get my pick of awesome colonists and win the game
Sometimes I fortify myself in one or two big colonies and become an independent country from there
Sometimes I go about raiding vengeful tribes and stealing all their gold
Sometimes the tribes keep sending me natives to help me defeat the vile English (I usually play as England)
Who knows what will happen next time? :D
Totally going with playing Untitled Goose Game for the long winter nights because terrorizing townsfolk sounds perfect for those cold lonely nights. Stealing all their goods, making them hurt themselves, with my finally goal of stealing all the bells. But all the crazy things I can do along the way just make it even better lol
Ma favorite is Total Annihilation: Commander Pack from Cavedog and Chris Taylor. This is best RTS ever made, all units and battles look so real and their movements are so fantastic,also terrain and maps are so life true. #MyWinterGame
I would say Counter Strike GO and play with all my family. That can be the best christmas of all times.
I would pick Witcher 3 because when I’m cold and freezing on a long winter night I want Yennefer to get my hot and bothered with her demanding and sexy talk to keep me warm.
I would cosy up with my fiancé and play Brothers (two sons) together. We should be able to get through the non-sad parts before the baby needs one of us. Then we’ll start over from the top :)
I have to choose the Witcher 3. I still have plenty of quests to finish in the game. Nothing like a long winter to focus on some serious monster hunting.
Elder Scrolls- So that wherever you are you can be elsewyre
As Cyberpunk 2077 isn't out yet, I think I'll have to go with The Witcher 3. I have already spent hundreds of hours with that game, but would/will gladly spend a few hundred more. There's just so much to do in it that the winter would go by in a flash.