It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
Master of Orion 2.
I've played this game countless times since it's release. It's my old classic, anytime I'm in a 'bleh' mood and just don't feel like playing something I can always return to this game.

The attempts to beat hard or impossible settings with sub-par races gives me constant amusement, and frustration in equal measure.

Definitely a way to keep your blood flowing as your empire is raised to the stars, or razed to the ground.
What game would i play during a cold dark winter time?

The witcher 3 of course. Nothing beats a game with Geralt thru the cold as fighting monsters as Geralt. In fact, why not the whole witcher series?
the escapists 2. Since you're probably going to go insane playing only one game and you will end up doing something to get locked up, might as well train to bust yourself out of such situations.
Battle Tech because the pacing, it'll give me enough breathing room to eat all my Christmas chocolates! Jaffa cakes ahoy!
I choose cyberpunk 2077. The game wasn't release either, but i felt in love since the first moment.
#MyWinterGame
Post edited December 28, 2019 by Jacome_Bomfim
Sid Meier's Civilization IV®: The Complete Edition

Civ4 is like my favorite winter coat, an old friend who wraps me in a cocoon of warmth every year—I fire it up for about a month every year, so passing a winter with it would be like going back home and spending quality time with old friends.

So many ways to keep the winter chill off:
Napoleon—"Ok, I've had enough of Russia, sortons d'ici!
Montezuma—"Put 50,000 slaves on the fire in your honor".
Gandhi—"Nuke the badstars!"

If you bump into Monty on your first foray,
Then Alexander wanders by to wish 'Good Day';
You're already in sheep dit,
To demands you must submit;
'Til you're first to Gunpowder and blow 'em away!

"A game like Disco Elysium is only seen once in a few years. There is no right to be as good as it is." - says one satisfied reviewer whose review I read. I must admit that I am very interested in playing this possible masterpiece this winter.
This is a very difficult decision, but, i will have to go with Master of Orion. It is already one of my favorite games, and, with the number of alien races available, as well as the other options, it is never the same game twice. Even leaving the options the same, the layout of the galaxy and the starting positions will differ. I used to spend hours playing the original MOO games, and could spend hours paying the newest version (We won't speak of MOO 3)

With the hundreds of games on GOG to occupy my time, Master of Orion is definitely my choice.
Baldur's Gate 2

I like naming my characters silly names to Mad-Lib the game. Almost creates a whole new story-line. Last time I ran a Barbarian named, "Whut Smellz." You get to read things like:

"I just want to get out of here, Whut Smellz!"
"Whut Smellz, this must be the work of a wizard..."

But my all time favorite was after I liberated the castle for Aerie...

"I hereby dub thee Lord-- Whut Smellz!"
witcher 3.
The brutish musk of a monster killer goes hand in hand with the alluring aroma of magic.
Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2
Previous game was a brillant rpg, i cannot wait to play another one fingers crossed.
Mini Metro

I know it is a very short game. But something kept me going for hours as compared to any other games. Despite pouring hours into it, until today I still struggle through many of the campaign rounds. Probably I need to tweak my way of planning to yield a better result than my imagination.

#MyWinterGame
GOG.com: Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
i'd play the bloodlines games as over the years i keep going back to play it again and again
I would have to choose Firewatch because I'm a Linux gamer and there's "fire" in the name. It has to be hot even though all I know about it is that it has a navigation system that could get someone lost for hours. It's a single-player game that does not need to be connected to the internet in case I get snowed in, and I hope it has replay value either by forking paths or by having a story I'd want to repeat. If Corsair was giving away a complete system with the game I'd pick Cyberpunk 2020, but since that isn't the case Firewatch it is.
Civilization 6 because all of the matches last a long time.