It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
This is a tough question... I have so many options that have a space in my heart when I was young. I could choose:

- Maui Mallard aka Donald Duck;
- Hercules the mighty hero;
- My PS1 classic Pandemonium;
- Mortal Kombat that I saw my cousin playing for so many hours;
- Tomb Raider, the anti-heroine;
- Or even the new ones like Bloodstained or Darksiders Genesis.

But, as my choice, I would choose to play for a long winter nights is: Bioshock Infinite. The sky, the music, the characters, the story... All this would make me play for so long and try to do it slowly. I was between Metal Slug X (my favorite) and this, but Bioshock is my choice.
Post edited December 27, 2019 by RhoSantoro
The Best Game Would Be Red Dead Redemption 2 For sure, it is really good to go around West Elizabeth with those Christmas vibes
Absolutely The Witcher 3. With so many hours it can be the perfect game!
Divinity Original Sin 2. Because, what's more entertaining than turning people into chickens!?
Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Mount & Blade: Warband

My gaming tastes have evolved over the years. While entire weekends of my college days were spent in Morrowind, Deus Ex, and Freelancer - and it's tempting to mention the 'Big Shiny Games' here - I find myself having mellowed some since. I was able to grab Mount & Blade for free on this site a number of years ago and have logged countless hours since. My children can watch me play, as there's no gratuitous gore, language, or sexual content - and that, more than anything, is most important to me nowadays. Sadly, that base game appears to be a kind of dead-end. Warband has much more content available and seems to have streamlined some things (looking at you, cattle-herding quests) to the extent that I have little doubt I could spend many, many more hours in that sandbox world achieving wealth, fame, and nobility.

This might be unfair though - I live in rural New England, where our seasons are basically three different versions of Winter followed by Actual Winter.

Thanks, and Happy Gaming!
-BW
Settlers would be my game of choice, hours of fun =D
You can't escape the atmosphere of a good Neverwinter Night mod. I can't escape from the fact that the other half of the world is having a scorching summer. We can't escape from having annoying duties for surviving like food/sleep/wc pauses from our sessions. And Geralt can't escape the scent from lilac and gooseberries.
From what's in my current library, it'd have to be Witcher 3: a game that large will certainly last me through the season til March, when.... ;)
As I burst from the depths of the Imperial Prison I look around at the night sky. Pulling close the cloak that I grabbed off the corpse of a fallen cultist, I trudge forth in to the night to begin again the quest to to close the Doors of Oblivion. Step one claim the hidden pirate cave. I love Skyrim and Oblivion so I spend many a winter's night in the lands of Tamriel.
If I could only sink into a single game over a long cold winter I would want a game deep like fresh fallen show. Divinity Original Sin 2 would fit that bill just right. A big fat RPG world that I could spend a hundred hours exploring while my feet keep warm by the fire. This game is best when you can relax and take in the stories and the rich lore without feeling rushed to complete it. Mmmm might just need to go start playing now, Winter is coming.
I would love to have the "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt". I have not seen it on YouTube, or live, or know anything about the game. I have avoided hearing from him because I wanted to play it for myself.
I would love to get it and finish this cycle. And with accessories such as headphones for maximum enjoyment of the game.

(:
Perfect time of the year to put another 100 hours to Stardew Valley
What better way to stay warm with some toasty mechs in Battletech.
Choose a favorite game?
I'm not sure which one to choose but good.
You know once I had a friend, he is called the same as me. but the guy had a game called Hollow Knight, he told me "Hey this game is as hard as dark souls." and I look, and I ask "what is it about?"
he replies to me that "it is the same with castevania but with a harsh mass enemy and a story not so complicated that dack soul"
I look at him with laughter and say "Hey, it doesn't sound bad at all"
My friend was also from school and well after changing, I couldn't see him, and he didn't even give me a way to communicate with him
What if I look for the game "Hollow Knight", in steam but it is somewhat expensive but if the game that my friend was telling me.
the bad for price could not please me to play my friend's game
because I come from Chile, and as you know a social crisis happened.
so everything in money that my family earns and something else we use to buy food supplies and that thing,

but still leaving my life behind, I think Hollow Knight would be a game that if I spent a whole night playing to know their secrets.

-Matias, 16 years
Age of Wonders: Planetfall