It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GR00T: I don't think the ending was meant as a cliffhanger though. At least I sure hope not. Without going into spoilers for those that are yet to see it, what occurred in the movie is obviously not going to remain as is. I can't think that anyone would believe that.
Clifhanger or not, it's sure meant to be a big, emotional moment and it just doesn't work for me at all, it's so obviously not "real". I'm sure other felt different, but for me it was entirely "weightless". I mean, the end result is that I've watched this huge, epic "decade in the making" 150 minutes movie... and yet I feel like nothing of consequence actually happened. it makes the whole movie feel like a cop-out. The same was true of Civil War before, a movie that pretended to be a big deal shaking up the status quo, but really wasn't at all (that point is only driven further home here, as CW is proven to be entirely inconsequential here, including War Machine being up and fighting again).
Post edited April 29, 2018 by Breja
Isle of Dogs

Pretty good. Lots of Japanese culture references.
Star Trek: Insurrection. Always thought it was underrated. People say it's "just a long episode" but I liked episodes of TNG a lot so... I do think the humor is awkward here or there, but still a 4 out of 5. Villains death is one of the best in the franchise.
Just a few more minor nitpicks about Infinity War:

I really hate Thanos' look in this movie. He only looks like proper Thanos for the first five minutes and then for no reason whatsoever dumps his classic look and just looks like a doofy purple people eater for the rest. And it's kind of ridiculous how many things and new powers Stark is pulling out of his ass. He's not even wearing an armor anymore, but rather this magical "create anything on the spot" suit.

Also, not really that minor: Thanos' motivation in this movie really makes no sense. I think the original "I'm in love with Death so I will kill half the universe as a gift so she'll go out with me" was better. Yes, it's insane, but it still makes more sense. Here it's "I'll kill half the universe to avoid overpopulation because resources are limited. I know it's harsh but it's necessary" Dude, you literally have the power to reshape all of reality. Just double the resources or something like that. When you have that kind of power you have a lot of options.
Breja: Also, not really that minor: Thanos' motivation in this movie really makes no sense. I think the original "I'm in love with Death so I will kill half the universe as a gift so she'll go out with me" was better. Yes, it's insane, but it still makes more sense. Here it's "I'll kill half the universe to avoid overpopulation because resources are limited. I know it's harsh but it's necessary" Dude, you literally have the power to reshape all of reality. Just double the resources or something like that. When you have that kind of power you have a lot of options.
The thing that bothered me about it was ... populations grow. They don't just stabilize at 1/2 of what they were before, they grow until they literally can't anymore. So his mission was more like trying to rake leaves on a windy day.

My headcanon (having not read the comics) is that he was so traumatized by what happened on his world that he was living it over and over again, sort of like Stark's PTSD.

It was a fun movie, I thought, and I enjoyed the humor because I go to these things to relax and turn my brain off, but that point wouldn't stop bugging me.
Anyone planning in seeing SOLO?

I'm a SW freak, as you all know, but man, I don't know about this one. :P
tinyE: Anyone planning in seeing SOLO?

I'll go see it for sure, though I don't expect much good from it. It's more that I like going to the cinema, and there's very few movies coming out this year I care at all in any way. There's only Solo and Deadpool 2 (which I'm also kinde "meh" about) in May and not a single one in June, so if I'm to go to the cinema at all in the next two months, it's defiantely going to be Solo. At least with that, even if it sucks, it will be somethign to discuss with friends (and here too).
I wish I lived closer to a theater. :P
sergeant_citrus: The thing that bothered me about it was ... populations grow. They don't just stabilize at 1/2 of what they were before, they grow until they literally can't anymore. So his mission was more like trying to rake leaves on a windy day.
Yeah, I thought about that too. I guess he'd have to do it over and over again. It really makes no sense.

sergeant_citrus: My headcanon (having not read the comics) is that he was so traumatized by what happened on his world that he was living it over and over again, sort of like Stark's PTSD.
And he could easily undo what happened to his planet now. He literally controls all time and reality. He could undo it in an instant.

It really is a problem when a character is this overpowered. He can do anything at all, there's no reason not to.
StingingVelvet: Star Trek: Insurrection. Always thought it was underrated. People say it's "just a long episode" but I liked episodes of TNG a lot so... I do think the humor is awkward here or there, but still a 4 out of 5. Villains death is one of the best in the franchise.
That's exactly what I loved about it. After a long time without new episodes, suddenly this movie felt like watching TNG again on TV.
Caesar.: That's exactly what I loved about it. After a long time without new episodes, suddenly this movie felt like watching TNG again on TV.
Yup. The big Borg climax movie was cool, but it was also cool to see the TV show feel come back (and with a bigger budget). I get why some movie-only fans bash it, but why Trek fans do stumps me.
Alien directors cut. 20 extra min and i have no idea what they were. maybe the griping scenes down below with the mechanics which i loved. granted its been around 15-20 some yrs since i last watched it lol funny thing, it wasnt scary. sure, some jump scares but not the intense, guttural shock that i had when it first aired and what kept me from watching it again. sigourney was soooo young, like a teenager. still, it was fun to watch, only dated effects in the movie were the atomic blasts cgi and some animatronic issues. the models and sets are still spot on. going to do an alien binge this weekend. i foresee alcohol to get thru that dreadful one, aliens 3? cant remember
mintee: Alien directors cut. 20 extra min and i have no idea what they were. maybe the griping scenes down below with the mechanics which i loved.
I think there were some there, yeah. Also some extra scenes with Lambert, Dallas, and Parker after being taken by the alien (if memory serves).

mintee: granted its been around 15-20 some yrs since i last watched it lol funny thing, it wasnt scary. sure, some jump scares but not the intense, guttural shock that i had when it first aired and what kept me from watching it again. sigourney was soooo young, like a teenager. still, it was fun to watch, only dated effects in the movie were the atomic blasts cgi and some animatronic issues. the models and sets are still spot on. going to do an alien binge this weekend. i foresee alcohol to get thru that dreadful one, aliens 3? cant remember
I liked Alien 3 (but many don't). However, I'm thinking you're referring to Alien Resurrection. That one was a total train wreck.
Breja: Also, not really that minor: Thanos' motivation in this movie really makes no sense. I think the original "I'm in love with Death so I will kill half the universe as a gift so she'll go out with me" was better. Yes, it's insane, but it still makes more sense. Here it's "I'll kill half the universe to avoid overpopulation because resources are limited. I know it's harsh but it's necessary" Dude, you literally have the power to reshape all of reality. Just double the resources or something like that. When you have that kind of power you have a lot of options.
I think for me, that's the biggest issue with the movie. I like it better than the "I'm in love with Death" angle (that just sticks in my craw for some reason), but it still makes no sense. For one thing, you've an entire universe of resources at your disposal, so I don't buy the idea that population is going to be that out of control and use it all up any time soon. But that aside, as you note, you literally have the power of a god. There's no need to do anything other than create what you want.

I will. I had really bad feelings about this movie, but after seeing the trailer in the theatre, I'm thinking it may not be a total train wreck. Still looks like it may be cringeworthy, but at least it appears to have the potential to at least be watchable. I figure it won't be worse than The Last Jedi, anyway..
Post edited April 29, 2018 by GR00T
GR00T: I think for me, that's the biggest issue with the movie. I like it better than the "I'm in love with Death" angle (that just sticks in my craw for some reason), but it still makes no sense. For one thing, you've an entire universe of resources at your disposal, so I don't buy the idea that population is going to be that out of control and use it all up any time soon. But that aside, as you note, you literally have the power of a god. There's no need to do anything other than create what you want.
I don't like the "because I love Death" thing, never did, all I'm saying is that unlike the movie version it has the benefit of being so completely bonkers it's hard to argue with it. You just have to roll with the fact his mad as a hatter.

GR00T: I will. I had really bad feelings about this movie, but after seeing the trailer in the theatre, I'm thinking it may not be a total train wreck. Still looks like it may be cringeworthy, but at least it appears to have the potential to at least be watchable. I figure it won't be worse than The Last Jedi, anyway..
I think the fact it's a Han Solo movie is going to be the biggest albatros around it's neck. If it was just an adventure in the SW universe with entirely new characters like Rogue One it would be much easier to be open minded about it.
Hunt for the Wilderpeople

A quirky Kiwi dramedy set in rural New Zealand. The cast is fantastic, even the kid (especially the kid). Very funny with some bittersweet or downright sad moments, but overall falls under the "feel good" category.