It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

kmcoolice: Is there a possibility that Blade Runner 2049 will have a sequel?
I can see there may be some possibilities, sure. If they do, it will hopefully turn out as well as this one. But I've not heard or read any rumors to indicate it's in the works.
GR00T: I can see there may be some possibilities, sure. If they do, it will hopefully turn out as well as this one. But I've not heard or read any rumors to indicate it's in the works.
Hollywood has proven time and again that ANYTHING can have a sequel! :P
GR00T: I can see there may be some possibilities, sure. If they do, it will hopefully turn out as well as this one. But I've not heard or read any rumors to indicate it's in the works.
Actually Ridley Scott apparently has an idea for it.

But given the poor box office performance of 2049 (at least when measured against its huge budget) I find it very unlikely.
deleted
Bright

Well... entertaining in a way, but nothing to write home about. The setting is actually pretty cool, but it would have been better for a serial format to explore it in depth. So it's reduced to a backdrop of a standard cop-buddy-movie. Wasted potential.
Thx for the answer.
Fairfox: i saw paddington 1!

it was goin' to be for preps re: pad 2 this weekend, buuut i hurt me (accident) an' developed a grotty head cold so had to bale on peeps. too bad so sad but teh first was really good! an' short which I <3

teh eyes were so expressive! an' i liek teh father brown (?) figure. verrr funny.
I saw Paddington 2. It's very funny and sweet.
Because I'm a huge fan of Anime I Had to watch
Space Battleship Yamato

A live action Movie that puts some of the american movies to shame. it's a good watch, not the best but still good.
Spiderman: Homecoming

I appreciated the comedy and the fact that the teenage characters look and act like teenagers. I think there was too much Tony Stark though. At some point it seemed more "Iron Boy" than Spiderman.

Dejavous: Because I'm a huge fan of Anime I Had to watch
Space Battleship Yamato

A live action Movie that puts some of the american movies to shame. it's a good watch, not the best but still good.
That one reminded me a lot (aesthetics and story-wise) of the new Battlestar Galactica. Which made everything come full circle because apparently the anime was a big influence in the original BSG.
Sleeping With Other People, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3165612 , aka the one where Jason Sudeikis doesn't play a goofy douche/manchild or other shallow, unlikeable character.

Well, he's a womanizer in this movie, but the story and characterization makes him sympathetic, genuinely funny and a bit sad as well. His counterpart, Alison Brie, is a sex addict who thinks that her lover will eventually choose her. They took each others virginity and most of the movie shows what happens when they meet 12 years later. It's kind of a romantic comedy, so you know what's going to happen eventually, but the road to that ending is very entertaining.
Recently got the Ringu Anthology off eBay, so I've been making my way through these.

Ringu
I grew up with the American remake (which is pretty great), so the original was a new experience for me. Despite it being relatively low-budget, Ringu is still fantastic. The acting is well done, the atmosphere fantastic, and plenty of scenes still memorable. It certainly got to me more than the remake.

Rasen
A lesser known sequel, since it released the same day as Ringu, but interesting in its own right. The use of science gives a different twist to the curse, and some of the scares are original and well handled. It is slower paced, and not as good as Ringu, but I would easily call this one underrated.

I plan on watching Ringu 2 and Birthday soon, along with maybe revisiting the American series (if nothing else due to not having seen Rings yet).
ljyoun: Recently got the Ringu Anthology off eBay, so I've been making my way through these.

Ringu
I grew up with the American remake (which is pretty great), so the original was a new experience for me. Despite it being relatively low-budget, Ringu is still fantastic. The acting is well done, the atmosphere fantastic, and plenty of scenes still memorable. It certainly got to me more than the remake.
Yeah, I very much prefer the original to the remake. The remake always struck me as being way too glossy and big in that way you tend to get with Hollywood films. The original feels a bit more intimate.
ljyoun: Recently got the Ringu Anthology off eBay, so I've been making my way through these.

Ringu
andysheets1975: Yeah, I very much prefer the original to the remake. The remake always struck me as being way too glossy and big in that way you tend to get with Hollywood films. The original feels a bit more intimate.
The one with Naomi Watts had its moments, but annoyed me with its SUDDEN INCREASE IN VOLUME!!!!! That stuff is just annoying, not scary at all. I'm not much for horror movies with scary girls, but maybe I'll watch the original. If nothing else, it doesn't use the Hollywood formula.
Motivational Growth. I didn't have particularly high expectations going into it but it turned out to be great! Acting, writing, visual fidelity, music, props, and all that were really well done, especially for an indie film. My one complaint is that it got a bit sloppy right at the very very end, it wasn't enough to derail the movie, it just seemed to rush the ending out of nowhere. So I suppose I'd say the pacing itself just fell apart in a forgivable way.

Overall it's a movie that I have no problem recommending to anybody who enjoys "surreal" or B-flick-ish movies.
Don’t Breathe (2016)
An excellent and (as far as I can tell) original, horror / thriller. Certainly a nail biter! Would definitely recommend this as something different. The less you know about it the better. I knew the premise and thought it would be much better if I knew nothing about it. Not sure how rewatchable it would be though.