It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s time to look at things from a different perspective. The latest Weekend Sale on GOG.COM features engaging isometric games. Get titles like Geneforge 1 - Mutagen (-30%), Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition (-60%), Lumo (-90%), and more with discounts up to 90% off.

We also invite you to check the Bethesda Publisher Weekend sale with deals for amazing action games like Prey (-60%), Dishonored: Complete Collection (-70%), The Evil Within 2 (-70%), Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (-80%), and more.

Both sales run until 26th July 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Swissy88: Ok boomer.
I don't even know what that means...
Nice sale - now I just need to figure out if Death of the Outsider is worth it.

Thoughts?
TomNuke: Yes, it's in Early Access and you can get it right now on GOG! It's absolutely amazing by the way, so seriously check it out.
That's not BG 3 . That's D:OS 3
jepsen1977: Nice sale - now I just need to figure out if Death of the Outsider is worth it.

Thoughts?
If you played the previous two and liked it, then you'll sure like this one too. It's not as big as the previous games, more like a bigger than usual dlc.

It's more of the same, but this time there's no high/low chaos system, meaning that if you want to play as a killing machine, you can and it won't affect anything, including the ending.

You play as a new character and you'll have new powers to play with.
TomNuke: Yes, it's in Early Access and you can get it right now on GOG! It's absolutely amazing by the way, so seriously check it out.
DD & Ji Ji: That's not BG 3 . That's D:OS 3
Nice one :P.
Seems there's nothing to RAGE about here.
low rated
Oh, how original... Like we all haven't heard that before. That shit wasn't funny over a year ago, and it's still not funny now.
It's more in the spirit of BG & DnD than whatever Beamdog was trying to do.
I just remembered we have Commander Keen here, but for some reason it's not on sale. (The Heretic and Hexen pack also has "id software" as the publisher and it is on sale.)

https://www.gog.com/game/commander_keen_complete_pack
ConanTheBald: It's more in the spirit of BG & DnD than whatever Beamdog was trying to do.
I'd argue Kingmaker is the closest we got to the spirit of BG. Spirit of BG refined by elements Black Isle game design and characteristics of Russian brutality.
Post edited July 24, 2021 by Mafwek
I like to think that GOG can learn lessons. Today, for instance: publishers should not be promoted by a banner on the top of the store page, unless it is accompanied by a new release. Good on you GOG, for taking down the Bethesda banner, since people can still find it in the news tidbits below.
low rated
Scion458: I like to think that GOG can learn lessons. Today, for instance: publishers should not be promoted by a banner on the top of the store page, unless it is accompanied by a new release. Good on you GOG, for taking down the Bethesda banner, since people can still find it in the news tidbits below.
I'm not saying I totally disagree with that thought process, but I'll tell you why it's flawed.

So we all want more "large budget" titles on GOG, or titles from major studios, right? Right. Well, what do you think the best way of making that happen would be? Through sales, and proving there's enough financial incentive to release titles here, even though they're all likely still selling very well on Steam, and plus there'd be actual work needed just to release them here.

Finacial incentive is the only bargaining chip GOG has, and by you suggesting the take down or limiting visibility of these publishers sales, then all that would accomplish is hurting the possibility for new game releases.

GOG is well aware that people desperately want Skyrim, Fallout 4, DOOM (2016), and so on here, and I can guarantee you they'd love to have them here. I'd probably even bet they've already tried to work a deal out with Bethesda on one or more of those titles.

Just my personal opinion, but if GOG was to go after a publisher and try to really get larger titles here then it would be more beneficial to go after someone like Square Enix, and specifically their Japanese titles. That would actually strengthen what is a major weakness on GOG's store, and that's a lack of Japanese game support.

Thankfully GOG has Nihon Falcom games, so they have some fo the best turn-based JRPG's ever in "The Legend of Heroes", and one of the all-time great Action JRPG franchises with "Ys".
TomNuke: Well, what do you think the best way of making that happen would be? Through sales
That doesn't work in this particular situation, because most of the people who want those old Bethesda games on GOG have already bought them long ago, in the past, during one of the many other times that they have also been on sale.

One cannot keep selling the same old games to the same group of people forever. Yet that is, nevertheless, what GOG/Bethesda are attempting to do, even though that strategy doesn't actually work and is unviable in reality.
Scion458: I like to think that GOG can learn lessons. Today, for instance: publishers should not be promoted by a banner on the top of the store page, unless it is accompanied by a new release. Good on you GOG, for taking down the Bethesda banner, since people can still find it in the news tidbits below.
I'm not exactly marketing expert but it's safe to assume that all the visibility and promotions are paid by the publisher. Which means that the banner got taken down not because Gog got tired of it but because Bethesda stopped paying for it. The only cathegory that might not be paid feature is "Recommended for you" but I'm not too sure even about that.
TomNuke: Just my personal opinion, but if GOG was to go after a publisher and try to really get larger titles here then it would be more beneficial to go after someone like Square Enix, and specifically their Japanese titles. That would actually strengthen what is a major weakness on GOG's store, and that's a lack of Japanese game support.
Zero chance of this happening unless GOG makes a JP bizdev team. Or somehow increases its player or revenue base by 50x like EGS.

Also, I'd ignore all the opinions built on speculations and fundamentalist values. Do a litsearch on DRM in ecommerce papers. Profitability is maximized when you remove DRM on games / release on GOG years after your game has depreciated to a low amount. Anyone reputable publisher should know as much.

If Bethesda hasn't shown interest in selling Skyrim on here and you assume game.theory assumptions, the reason why it's not on here is because they're still seeing an acceptable profit on Steam and their other platforms.
Post edited July 25, 2021 by MeowCanuck