It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Johny.: It's not connected to chat or location, but rather retrieving the user info. Definitely a bug of some rare sort.
Really?
So far, the only three people I know of that are having this problem are EndreWhiteMane, CarrionCrow, and myself. The three most frequent Americans on the Conversational thread :-p The thread just broke 100k posts the other day. Maybe that has something to do with it :-)
[/conspiracy]
(I'm kidding... mostly... :-p It's still a really odd coincidence, though.)
Johny.: It's not connected to chat or location, but rather retrieving the user info. Definitely a bug of some rare sort.
AgentBirdnest: Really?
So far, the only three people I know of that are having this problem are EndreWhiteMane, CarrionCrow, and myself. The three most frequent Americans on the Conversational thread :-p The thread just broke 100k posts the other day. Maybe that has something to do with it :-)
[/conspiracy]
(I'm kidding... mostly... :-p It's still a really odd coincidence, though.)
CarrionCrow does not have that error. EndreWhiteMane have the same situation as you, I'll add that info. Found other users as well.
Johny.: CarrionCrow does not have that error.
Ähm... you sure about that? o.O
Attachments:
error.png (31 Kb)
Johny.: CarrionCrow does not have that error.
moonshineshadow: Ähm... you sure about that? o.O
Pretty sure. :D
I have a question - do you have him on your friends list? :)
Attachments:
moonshineshadow: Ähm... you sure about that? o.O
Johny.: Pretty sure. :D
Yep.
But Agent and Endre are also there, and I'm getting this error for all three.
I found this comment hidden in the URL:
is_chat_absolutely_buggered?staff=yes
Chat is completely [url=http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/reckoning/images/d/db/Boggart_Urchin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150227192019]o[url=http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/reckoning/images/e/e6/Boggart.png/revision/latest?cb=20120221184928]g[url=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/96/f8/e2/96f8e24718b11a8a070a8344e9a48031.jpg]r[url=http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/reckoning/images/6/63/Thresh_Concept_Art.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120131110044]t! (something from Kingdoms of Amalur)

Carry on the good work!
Johny.: Pretty sure. :D
moonshineshadow: Yep.
BUT! They have different privacy settings. ;)
moonshineshadow: Yep.
Johny.: BUT! They have different privacy settings. ;)
So you are saying these are two seperate issues that just look the same or what? Because from here it looks the same and the problem appeared at the same time (yesterday evening).
Johny.: I have an idea about the reason of errors, but I don't know the direct reason behind that reason. ;)
Unfortunately, the above doesn't mean it's going to be fixed very soon in the developers world. :P We need to go deeper first.
Sooooo... Days, weeks, or years? ;-p
I created an alt account that is working. No games on that one, but at least I can chat with it :-p
Post edited April 07, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Yeah, the one who complains about chat to you endlessly ;-)

^I have the same problem as the above two posts^ ... Lately, when loading the chat page, everyone appears offline... I think people who are logged into Galaxy still appear online though. Usually refreshing chat (1-6 times) will show statuses properly again for me.

I did change my name... a year and a half ago :-p ... before Galaxy and the account redesign. I never had the problems that other post-Galaxy name changers have had.
DampSquib: Ahhh ok, don't remember you changing your name, i blame old age.
Was but a thought out loud.
How do my avatar behave? I had my name changed a couple times (once for a misspelling, and once for a GOG bug - maybe that would be thrice in total, with the bug being twice?), the last of which was late June/early July 2014.
Post edited April 07, 2016 by Maighstir
Johny.: BUT! They have different privacy settings. ;)
moonshineshadow: So you are saying these are two seperate issues that just look the same or what? Because from here it looks the same and the problem appeared at the same time (yesterday evening).
Nope, it's one algorhythm which is dependent on all those options. Not reading some (which caused errors) when you're logged out, or when you're friends with someone and he have privacy set to friends, etc. :)

AgentBirdnest: I guess week or two is a safe estimate? Can't promise anything though.
moonshineshadow: So you are saying these are two seperate issues that just look the same or what? Because from here it looks the same and the problem appeared at the same time (yesterday evening).
Johny.: Nope, it's one algorhythm which is dependent on all those options. Not reading some (which caused errors) when you're logged out, or when you're friends with someone and he have privacy set to friends, etc. :)

AgentBirdnest: I guess week or two is a safe estimate? Can't promise anything though.
Lol, that's quite a while.
I guess he'll get some use out of his alt.
Johny.: Nope, it's one algorhythm which is dependent on all those options. Not reading some (which caused errors) when you're logged out, or when you're friends with someone and he have privacy set to friends, etc. :)
Ah alright, thanks for the info :-)
This is AgentB, undercover until further notice.
*gets cozy in my new account while I wait for a fix*
Thanks for the info, and the (hopefully accurate :-p) estimate, Johny.