It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Yeah, I'm getting that too, on everyone. ElT from Germany only sees is for mine and Crow's info. An American problem? (We have lots of those ;-p)

Clicking a name in the Galaxy friends list is the only way I can chat with someone.
It's not connected to chat or location, but rather retrieving the user info. Definitely a bug of some rare sort.

Can you access those pages, or getting an error?
https://www.gog.com/account/settings/blocked
https://www.gog.com/account/friends
Johny.: Can you access those pages, or getting an error?
Getting a GOGbear on the first link.
The friends page works fine.
Johny.: Can you access those pages, or getting an error?
AgentBirdnest: Getting a GOGbear on the first link.
The friends page works fine.
That's very valuable info. :) Thanks. Did you block anyone, or do you know if anyone blocked you? (you wrote "Theodore is blocking me from chat.")

Our team will check that, but maybe you can provide this info right away.
Post edited April 07, 2016 by Johny.
Johny.: That's very valuable info. :) Thanks. Did you block anyone, or do you know if anyone blocked you? (you wrote "Theodore is blocking me from chat.")
Errrr... no. That was just a joke about our GOGbear's name, "Theodore Fourofourski" :-p
I haven't blocked anyone recently, and nobody has blocked me that I know of.
I hid my wishlist early this morning. I tried setting it back to public, in the off chance that was the problem. No luck.

I sent a support ticket - 2XNGPQMN
Post edited April 07, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: I hid my wishlist early this morning. I tried setting it back to public, in the off chance that was the problem. No luck.
Well, this explains it. The wrath of the gogbear for hiding your wishlist :P
moonshineshadow: Well, this explains it. The wrath of the gogbear for hiding your wishlist :P
Pffft ... Then why is it affecting Crow too? >;-p I see his wishlist

Chat notification... Still GOGbear'd out of my chat page. I am logged into Galaxy, but nobody on my friends list sent it... so I have no idea what the message is and who sent it ô__ô
Johny.: That's very valuable info. :)
Something else, discovered by ddickinson...
And Agent, in regards to the drop box not working when hovering over your avatar. Well it does work if I am not signed in (I tried it on the browser set to private so it thinks I am not signed in). So for some reason it only does not work for people that are logged in. Which is a very strange bug.
moonshineshadow: Well, this explains it. The wrath of the gogbear for hiding your wishlist :P
AgentBirdnest: Pffft ... Then why is it affecting Crow too? >;-p I see his wishlist

Chat notification... Still GOGbear'd out of my chat page. I am logged into Galaxy, but nobody on my friends list sent it... so I have no idea what the message is and who sent it ô__ô
It's me - I wrote "Oh, that's you! :D". :D

Good to know you have GOGbear on chat page too. ;)

edit: tooltips of other users will work for you too when you're logged out. :)
I've been noticing a lot of problems with the chat as well. Sometimes it doesn't even display when users are online or not. I really wish GOG could revert back to the old, trusty PM system we used to have...
As above, and chat shows no one online..yet they are.

Hovering over AgentB avatar... i get Sorry, data for given user is currently unavailable. Please, try again later.
Odldly enough the only other time i've seen that message is on people who had name changes....just saying.
Fuck-edit, shit typing skills.

Neeeeeed biscuits, also cake.
Post edited April 07, 2016 by DampSquib
Johny.: It's me - I wrote "Oh, that's you! :D". :D
Yeah, the one who complains about chat to you endlessly ;-)

^I have the same problem as the above two posts^ ... Lately, when loading the chat page, everyone appears offline... I think people who are logged into Galaxy still appear online though. Usually refreshing chat (1-6 times) will show statuses properly again for me.
DampSquib: Hovering over AgentB avatar... i get Sorry, data for given user is currently unavailable. Please, try again later.
Odldly enough the only other time i've seen that message is on people who had name changes....just saying.
I did change my name... a year and a half ago :-p ... before Galaxy and the account redesign. I never had the problems that other post-Galaxy name changers have had.
AgentBirdnest: Yeah, the one who complains about chat to you endlessly ;-)
I thought more of one who did a lot of productive poking.

AgentBirdnest: ^I have the same problem as the above two posts^ ... Lately, when loading the chat page, everyone appears offline... I think people who are logged into Galaxy still appear online though. Usually refreshing chat (1-6 times) will show statuses properly again for me.
Hmmm... I see that too, but not always. Not chat-related though, it's connected with retrieving user statuses. Looks like something that we'll need to fix rather quickly and hopefully easily.
It should re-update the statuses after a while, so no need to refresh the page for it to work later.
AgentBirdnest: Yeah, the one who complains about chat to you endlessly ;-)

^I have the same problem as the above two posts^ ... Lately, when loading the chat page, everyone appears offline... I think people who are logged into Galaxy still appear online though. Usually refreshing chat (1-6 times) will show statuses properly again for me.
DampSquib: Hovering over AgentB avatar... i get Sorry, data for given user is currently unavailable. Please, try again later.
AgentBirdnest: I did change my name... a year and a half ago :-p ... before Galaxy and the account redesign. I never had the problems that other post-Galaxy name changers have had.
Ahhh ok, don't remember you changing your name, i blame old age.
Was but a thought out loud.
Johny.: snip
I'm not sure whether it's related (or just because it's failing and retrying), but when I hover over Agent's avatar I get three AJAX calls rather then the one everyone else gets.. they all fail (and I get the sorry can't retrieve details error in the actual pop up)
If I'm logged out I only get one, so I imagine it's just retrying.. but you never know.
Johny.: snip
adaliabooks: I'm not sure whether it's related (or just because it's failing and retrying), but when I hover over Agent's avatar I get three AJAX calls rather then the one everyone else gets.. they all fail (and I get the sorry can't retrieve details error in the actual pop up)
If I'm logged out I only get one, so I imagine it's just retrying.. but you never know.
Everyone else gets three AJAX calls too, but they don't look into network panel, and interpret that in their own way. If you'd open the address that is being called, you would see the GOGbear itself. :)

2 retries are there on any error - timeout - so it tries again in case of temporary network outage or high ping - 50x - so it tries again in case of one of the servers is not responding correctly for some reason, etc.

Anyway, we know everything that we need from your side. I have an idea about the reason of errors, but I don't know the direct reason behind that reason. ;)
Unfortunately, the above doesn't mean it's going to be fixed very soon in the developers world. :P We need to go deeper first.

/me wants to be transparent, but sounds enigmatic